LegacyGT.com

Snow... Are You Ready?

Oh, it's all good. It's just what you make of it.

I've been skiing with the same group of winter friends for over 15 years. So it's also a social thing too.

I know so many people around the mountain, its hard to go anywhere with seeing someone I know.

We even have the Lifties watching out for us and they update us as to whoes looking for us and where to meet them.

Thats awesome lol... Yea my winter/boarder guys are few and far between now... So it's tougher these days. But yea your totally right, social thing for sure most times. Lot of fun

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's why I snowboard!! Unfortunately this is last year in VT..so much snow the bus we took got stuck on the way to the mt!http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/420120_10150714478511257_1001339880_n.jpg

I REALLY want to go snowboarding sometime this year, i just hope my knee makes it through it. Last time I went my left knee hurt so bad afterwards I went to a orthopedic doctor and had a MRI. Missing a centimeter of cartilage in the left knee. Need to get my thighs stronger and wear my brace. But damn that pic looks fun!

That weekend was a blast. My trip is to steamboat springs, CO this year I can't wait! As far as the knee goes? Get on a stationary bike in the fall! Or longboard all summer that's what I do. And riding switch would take the pressure off...

That weekend was a blast. My trip is to steamboat springs, CO this year I can't wait! As far as the knee goes? Get on a stationary bike in the fall! Or longboard all summer that's what I do. And riding switch would take the pressure off...

I have a recumbent bike, i just need to get on it. And i used to skateboard a lot when i was younger, thats how my knee got this way. Also i suck at riding switch but i guess that is a good reason to get better.

I stopped buying a pass a couple years ago, bc of my GD knee... And I live 40 minutes from Seven Springs, one of the better east coast mountains fwiw :(

I have 3 screws and washer and some bone from the bone bank in my right knee anda plate and 7 screws in the left collar bone.

When I did the knee damage the orthopedic looked at the MRI and said you may never ski again, I told him that wasn't a option. 8 months later I was back on skis.

He learned when it came time for the collar bone, he told me I shouldn't be skiing, but also said, he knew that wasn't going to happen. I told me at least wait until 8 weeks before I got back on skis. I had a trip to Steamboat planned for the 9th week.

I saw him at 8 weeks and said well it looks healed enough just don't fall on it. I went to VT that night. The next morning Okemo had 20+ inches, after about 3 hours I had a fall, basically what I remember happening the time I broke the collar bone.

While in the air, his words were going through my mind, "don't fall on it", so I rotated while in the air and landed on my right shoulder in the soft snow. Got up put the skis back on and finished the run. Found a screw driver and increased my DIN sitting to 9.5 I have not "pre-released" again.

Get your knee fixed !

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Yeah its not bad enough to have surgery, but a day on the mountain and it feels pretty rough. Soccer, hockey and skiing for about 12 years will take its toll.

I've been to killington, copper mountain, lake tahoe and the French alps in the last ten years :cool:, so it not like I've given up on the sport. Just not buying season passes anymore.

Before his new knee the buddy would get cortisone shots.

Good to know you still getting out.

I find my knees hurt going up stairs after a lot of bump skiing.

I'm also 58y/o and been skiing a average of 55 plus days a season for the last 16 years. My high year was 75 day's.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

So far here in Colorado Springs this winter we've had hardly any snow at all. Maybe 4 inches...out of like 3 different storms. Right now it's 60F outside, I'm sitting here with my house windows open again in January. It's been this warm for a week and the forecast only shows a pathetic 20% chance of snow on Tuesday. The rest of the week is all 50's and 60's. I'm really happy we spent the money for snow tires now.:rolleyes:

60 degrees raining in Chicagoland area and not 1 single inch has stuck to the roads since winter started=[

last year...freezing temps with ice covered roads and the year before full on blizzard...and the only reason I remember is cuz today's my bday

stupid global warming

Archived