LegacyGT.com

Tool Set Recommendation!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Torque Extensions help with eliminating over torque & breaking thing. Not set x torque. If you put on a 100ft.lbs.tq. Torque Extensions. It should not allow you to exceed 100ft.lbs.tq. You are always should check torque with a torque wrench. Impact tool are to help make the job easier & faster & nothing else.

Mike

I use my butterfly 3/8 impact for running the lug nuts down, it's max torque is 70ftlbs. It cost me $23.00. It will spin up to 10,000 rpm. Then I use my 1/2" drive torque wrench to tighten the lugs to spec.

What do those Torque Extensions cost ? and can you use them in as many places as the 3/8 butterfly impact gun ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

doubt it :) closest northern tool is in richmond--i do wish we had one up here tho, they have some pretty sweet tools / prices sometimes, shipping tends to kill the deal though.

Lol, hold on let me check again. It's in silver spring.

I'm debating on getting that IR impact...with that sucker, I wouldn't even really need an air impact.

This is the one you have, right?

http://www.ingersollrandproducts.com/am-en/products/tools/Iqv-cordless-tools/iqv20-series-cordless-tools/w7150-1-2-20v-high-torque-impactool

<LI class=description>780 ft-lbs of maximum reverse torque & 1100 ft-lb of nut-busting torque - from cordless impact wrench that weighs only 6.8 lbs.

^yes please!!^

My HF could be retired to backup duty or pawned off on a buddy. lol

Yep, thats the one. I'm thinking that this is the start of the end for air tools. I'm testing it on an axle nut later today, I don't doubt that it'll rip it right off. I've had an air impact and electric, but my electric wasn't this powerful. This is by far better in every way. Just think about it, electricity moves quite a bit faster than air does, its also more efficient.

Axle nuts are no problem, my HF cordless impact spun it off almost instantly...yours will just laugh at it and could probably spin it off under half power lol Did it this past weekend, don't even bother un-staking the axle nut. Just pop the 32mm impact socket on and go! HF has the socket for like $5 if you need one.

• Moderators

Thanks, I can google things too :rolleyes:

I was asking xero where he picked his up because he's relatively local to me.

I understand, but some people just can't figure things out for themselves. I didn't mean to imply that you were one of those...:) LOL

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

the real reason you linked us is simply because you said to yourself, "wtf holy...i wonder how much this is so i can buy it and not use my lesser air tools".

busted....lol

I have always been looking at the IR Thunder Gun in Northern Tools catalogs. You can sometimes find them for $200.

^THE one thing I miss about air.

My air Impact Wrench is an IR brand as well. Seems to be a quality piece of gear. There is no doubt that if I didn't have the compressor, the electric Impact Wrench would be on my short list of tools to get. Impressive torque.

Congrats on the purchases.

:)

Archived