LegacyGT.com

BaysonR to make front lip for 05-09 Legacy!

TheDon427

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a duplicate to what I posted in Cs front lip thread:

I don't have any before pics, but you've seen it I'm sure. ;)

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o10/Markbo_photos/Auto/V__C861_zps96e46edc.jpg

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o10/Markbo_photos/Auto/V__5949_zps00210f77.jpg

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o10/Markbo_photos/Auto/V__420A_zpsa967e994.jpg

I was worried it was not right when I got it because the inner package said JDM. A call to Bayson assured me it was right. I also noticed there was only about 8 of the new clips included (of course all the old ones broke while removing them) and thought there was no way it would be afixed well.

BUT... there were about 15 or 16 self tapping screws. Those are what holds it on and it is held on very well. Very good material. Not cheap at all. You can see for yourself what it looks like. Over all I am very happy. And it took me and one other guy no more than 15 or 20 minutes to install.

Very pleased.

• 2 months later...

Can anyone confirm that the 08-09 lip BaysonR is selling (linked by dug-e-fresh) works on USDM bumpers with pictures of it installed? I sent them an email ten days ago asking for confirmation of it fitting and a shipping quote and haven't heard back. Either they don't want my money or my message went to their spam folder.

The only pictures in this thread are of the 05-07 lip and I'm pretty sure the pictures on the Bayson R site are of a different bumper than what my USDM Spec B has. I want to be absolutely sure before I pay to have a part shipped from Southern California to Maine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard back from BaysonR as my message had gone to their junk folder and they confirmed for me that it does indeed fit on an '08 Spec B but that they are out of stock for now. I plan on getting one and when I install it in a few months, I'll post some pictures so this thread will have an example of the '08-'09 lip a member's car. Sure, I could have called them but wanted to check with the community first to see if anyone had purchased and installed one on an '08 or '09. That's why we're here isn't it? ;)

Swung by the shop today to let them test fit their 08-09 front lip. fitment is really nice with the middle section being flush against the bumper and the ends also line up pretty well. only had time to snag one quick picture at the shop but ill be able to take a couple more detailed shots if anyone requests

IMG-20140507-WA0003.thumb.jpg.f78bbe32dd139eead782e66e62635bc9.jpg

I have an 07 spec B with the bason R lip on it and just nailed a truck re-tread yesterday and the lip took it just fine. Popped a few clips out but its back on and cleaned up very nicely! if it does break, its cheap to replace!

Swung by the shop today to let them test fit their 08-09 front lip. fitment is really nice with the middle section being flush against the bumper and the ends also line up pretty well. only had time to snag one quick picture at the shop but ill be able to take a couple more detailed shots if anyone requests

can you get a side view of your car like of the lip. does it still have a tilt upwards in the front like the oem bumper does?

yeah it didnt look like it did at first, but looking closer it does have a bit of an upward tilt. it definitely gives me a little bit of extra clearance getting up my driveway compared to the ebay S204 lip i had before. lemme know if picture is good or ya want another one

20140509_164847_4128.thumb.jpg.836f624629c3cc8457c3297be5423572.jpg

Archived