LegacyGT.com

BaysonR to make front lip for 05-09 Legacy!

TheDon427

Thanks that is exactly what I wanted to see. I'm working on some sort of front splitter like the apr but I have the s204 replicia and it has a crazy tilt up in the front. I think this lip will work out perfect with what I want to do

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just found a couple more pictures of the lip on my car from Bayson R's facebook page. also, a tiny bit of my experience with the s204 lip and the bayson r lip:

before this i had the cheapo ebay s204 lip and that worked pretty well for me after shaving down the middle sections so it would sit flush with the curved middle section of our bumpers. however, i noticed that my s204 lip along with s204 lips that i've seen on here all start to sag down in the middle over time probably from being pushed by the wind on the freeway.

the bayson lip went on with much less of a hassle compared to the s204 lip, but that's probably a given since it wasn't specifically made for our cars. i had about 6 clamps on it at any given time when i went to install the s204 lip.

the bayson lip attaches with 2 popits on either end of the lip and from there, the usual selftapping screws/nuts&bolts installation follows. this lip is of great fitment and quality though. compared to the s204 lip, whose mold seams didn't line up with the curvature of our bumper and whose middle sections needed to be trimmed before fitting, the Bayson R lip is definitely worth the extra couple bucks for a no hassle, perfect fitting lip.

10258878_258265381028299_5994826104509649067_o.thumb.jpg.feb43adfbc8d7da9f21104980fbcc08f.jpg

10321655_258265377694966_5500901733773385558_o.thumb.jpg.3b5882d30e1c9a55d2c3d8b7d54902e8.jpg

I also had a problem when trying to order the lip. I sent them a message today about it

They are currently backordered on the 08-09 front lip. I emailed them earlier this week about it. Only the pre-facelift lips are on Ebay.

I just received mine and it's great (05 model) Hit it with a heat gun to flatten it out, painted with plasti-dip and on she went. Hard to beat for $80 shipped.

I have been parking far away from curbs hoping I don't wreck it.

just found a couple more pictures of the lip on my car from Bayson R's facebook page. also, a tiny bit of my experience with the s204 lip and the bayson r lip:

before this i had the cheapo ebay s204 lip and that worked pretty well for me after shaving down the middle sections so it would sit flush with the curved middle section of our bumpers. however, i noticed that my s204 lip along with s204 lips that i've seen on here all start to sag down in the middle over time probably from being pushed by the wind on the freeway.

the bayson lip went on with much less of a hassle compared to the s204 lip, but that's probably a given since it wasn't specifically made for our cars. i had about 6 clamps on it at any given time when i went to install the s204 lip.

the bayson lip attaches with 2 popits on either end of the lip and from there, the usual selftapping screws/nuts&bolts installation follows. this lip is of great fitment and quality though. compared to the s204 lip, whose mold seams didn't line up with the curvature of our bumper and whose middle sections needed to be trimmed before fitting, the Bayson R lip is definitely worth the extra couple bucks for a no hassle, perfect fitting lip.

HAHA, so YOU were the one who swooped it a few weeks ago! I was supposed to be there for the fitment too. HAha

all good. :)

They are currently backordered on the 08-09 front lip. I emailed them earlier this week about it. Only the pre-facelift lips are on Ebay.

They usually get shipments by the container load (like a thousand lips at a time). Next one is probably in a few months so you guys might wanna hang tight.

I just received mine and it's great (05 model) Hit it with a heat gun to flatten it out, painted with plasti-dip and on she went. Hard to beat for $80 shipped.
How'd you get it for $80? The website shows it at $89.99 for the 05-07. Do they knock some off the price and give free shipping if you call or email them? Seems I can't select my country to order online.

maybe as their supply goes down price goes up?

On a side note, I've had mine on through the winter for a couple months now of scraping curbs and parking lot dividers. No cracks or bends, still holding up pretty well. I used both the clips and the screws.

Why? Is it car paint color now? got pics?

No just plasti dipped black, I'm not a fan of the regular finish

How'd you get it for $80? The website shows it at $89.99 for the 05-07. Do they knock some off the price and give free shipping if you call or email them? Seems I can't select my country to order online.

Sorry 89.99 shipped I meant $90 not $80. But shipping is free from their ebay store.

• 1 month later...

Here's my Bayson R lip, carbon wrapped. Great fitment and I didn't use all the provided screws.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff234/evak81/05%20LGT/20140712_165718_zpsjwou54vy.jpg

Archived