LegacyGT.com

BaysonR to make front lip for 05-09 Legacy!

TheDon427

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
why the hell would i want to give money to a company who very blatantly doesn't give a shit about making products for my car?
I could suck start a snow blower.

That's fine. I'm still more inclined to give my business to someone who DOES make stuff for my car. This comany has shown no interest in doing so.

lol derp, you can do w/e you want with your money.

Most of the stuff made for our cars didn't exist until someone on this forum approached the vendors to explain/sell the need for various products. That being said, I'll see what I can do with this vendor to get a lip finally made for our cars.

If this happens it will most likely be a 1 time group buy effort with a minimum QTY to be built. If I'm able to get to that point, I'll let everyone know.

Someone approached them a full year ago with this. They have made zero effort to do anything about it. It sure doesn't seem like they have any interest, that's all I'm saying.

• 5 months later...

UPDATE:

So BaysonR finally got the lip back from their warehouse and off the shipping container. It's the same style as the s204 lip, but made to fit our cars.

Bottom line up front, I like it. It's a 95% perfect fit out of the box. Oem clip holes lined up well, there's no gap in the middle, it follows the curves of the bumper well and flush. It does need screws for the middle section since there aren't clip holes for that part of the bumper.

The only issue is the driver's side was 2mm too long and the passenger was 2mm short. The long side isn't that visible from a distance, it's noticeable up close when you look at it from the side. The short side is only noticeable if you stick your finger underneath it. Just looking at it even up close looks flush.

The manager i spoke with said that they do care about quality and asked if the small part that sticks out is a deal breaker. He wanted us to be able to use and be happy with the product without needing additional shaving or forcing. But sending it back would cost more money and take longer to redesign/manufacture/reproduce/ship.

That being said, compared to the Ebay s204 lip, the 2mm piece that hangs on the edge looks way better than the huge gaps that the STI s204 lip leaves. For those that are currently using it, you know what I mean. It's the same plastic material that the s204 replica is made of, which i've been using the past year without durability problems.

Price range as is would be around $90, and might go up and take longer if additional changes had to be made to be 100% flush. Would there be interest in this for that price and 95% fitment? Comparatively again, the wrx/sti s204 lip I'd consider that a 65% fit.

Now for quick pics i took before the sun went down:

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f37/marky339/car%20parts/B5D951E0-E756-4081-BAB5-42FF6D8D9EB7_zpsvehygr7e.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f37/marky339/car%20parts/0DFB1123-E5E7-46F7-BAE5-6D881426A2FF_zpsycb4w2ww.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f37/marky339/car%20parts/2A5666C1-06A2-4262-86EA-3C8C2AE50765_zpscodca3ed.jpg

I'll take more of the part that sticks out tomorrow.

Looks good to me. Decent price point and I'm sure to most, the 2mm off on both sides wouldn't be a deal breaker. Would mostly be dependant on if price point would go up/how much. I'm sure we wouldn't mind waiting since nearly everyone thought this product wasn't gonna come thru at all lol. And if you can, you should hint at them the idea of a sideskirt extension lol.

I did talk to them about the big & active culture we have, so we have more of their attention now. They are working at staying current with all the new car models that keep coming out, while still doing what they can to support other models as well.

They did have a sedan window rain shield thing that they are looking for someone to test fit. I mentioned potentially making a more affordable rear brembo bracket, since it would be applicable to more cars other than just LGT's. I can look into the sideskirt extensions, good call! PM me if anyone has other things on the wish list for LGT aesthetic mods.

Anyways, to stay focused on this lip, plz post up here if you're interested so I can give Bayson the thumbs up for full production & shipment. The more people that are interested, the more ammo I have to lower the price. I'd rather not do a group buy cuz i don't have the time to organize that. Unless that's the only way to get the best price, then maybe I can make time.

wpmarky,

looks pretty good.

At this point, I'm using the replica lips for $60 shipped in the US. A few dollars more for a better fit and not having to cut the ends off would be worth it. Any more than $90 though and it starts to get less worthwhile I think. Many of the lips Bayson R make are in the $60 range - not sure how much volume they need to see to get the price down that far...

Let's see the side shots please. 2mm is very little - did you try playing with the fit and that's what you ended up with after pushing/pulling while mounting? Or, when just laid onto the bumper, that's how it was? eg, there's a small amount of tweaking that can be done which could take up 2mm...

I haven't signed on here since I sold the Spec.B but I just randomly got an email from BaysonR so I wanted to update this thread. You guys just happened to post in it today also.

Hi Nick,

08-09 they are working on it right now in oversea, we already shipped the bumper

and everything.

Right now we need someone to test fit our 05-07 lip can you help us out please?

We are in San Jose, CA.

Thanks for your help.

Cliff

I no longer have a Legacy so I'd like to hand over the reins to this wild goose chase. You guys have my email correspondence with them/Cliff so please feel free to pick up where I'm leaving off. Thanks!

Cliff's email is baysonr@yahoo.com

Hah he called me yesterday too, so I drove by after work.

More pics:

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f37/marky339/car%20parts/8AEFC68B-6474-41E2-81D8-F3E603761C2F_zpsurftxvtq.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f37/marky339/car%20parts/6F2E5FF8-04B9-4C9A-B397-C6366156F024_zps0lttwzud.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f37/marky339/car%20parts/2EA8EAB9-A59E-4625-9B92-FBA249A02DD5_zps4kys6hpn.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f37/marky339/car%20parts/600F2D82-8B4D-422E-8A68-3EA313D021C7_zpsj6cup9s6.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f37/marky339/car%20parts/674DFB1E-09E4-4F1B-BD96-E84236251C35_zpsfmxudmxl.jpg

wpmarky,

looks pretty good.

At this point, I'm using the replica lips for $60 shipped in the US. A few dollars more for a better fit and not having to cut the ends off would be worth it. Any more than $90 though and it starts to get less worthwhile I think. Many of the lips Bayson R make are in the $60 range - not sure how much volume they need to see to get the price down that far...

Let's see the side shots please. 2mm is very little - did you try playing with the fit and that's what you ended up with after pushing/pulling while mounting? Or, when just laid onto the bumper, that's how it was? eg, there's a small amount of tweaking that can be done which could take up 2mm...

Side shots posted. This was how it lined up after using the oem plastic clip holes.

If you want to use screws all the way around, like the current process of installing the s204, i'm sure you can make it fit much better and should be 100% flush.

Are the ends of the lip filled or are they cut like what you have to do to the s204 lip? It just looks like a really sharp edge. I would buy one for $90 shipped, but not any more, at that point I would buy the s204 (which I plan on doing within the next couple of months).

I'll take a pic of the ends when I get home, but if it's what i think you're asking the end is filled. I remember the s204 being really long, so you'd either have to cut the edges, or squeeze it in tighter at the ends and have the front bow out.

I didn't have modify anything for this, didn't even have to jack up the car or remove my bumper. Just line up the big holes underneath, stick a plug-clip thing in, move to the next one. Then screw down the middle part to tighten it all up. Took 5 mins with a hand screwdriver.

Just talked to BaysonR again to confirm prices and availability. I'm going to start a new thread to make the announcement.

Archived