LegacyGT.com

BaysonR to make front lip for 05-09 Legacy!

TheDon427

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys do remember that's just the cover... I would imagine it fits slightly different on the car and trying to build a template based off a cover not bolted onto the car could produce a terrible fitting lip....

I'm guessing that they really want a full test car to make the best possible product.

• 2 months later...

Here is the reply:

Hi, Jon

We do want to make a polyurethane front lip for the 05-07 Subaru Legacy, but we having hard time to find a bumper around the area to make it happen.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thank you.

They are in San Jose CA if anyone is local and can get in touch with them.

335HP/360Tq VF-22/1820 clone with Meth

They aren't having a hard time. They flat out aren't trying. I'm sorry....but a brand new bumper can be had for $300......a company that big I'm sure has the money for R&D.

If they only knew how much money in return the would get if they just spent that little ol $300

They aren't having a hard time. They flat out aren't trying. I'm sorry....but a brand new bumper can be had for $300......a company that big I'm sure has the money for R&D.

If they only knew how much money in return the would get if they just spent that little ol $300

This exactly. A company like Bayson isn't so broke where they need to wait around for a bumper locally to make a mold and get a lip going. They must think it is a niche market and isn't going to have much of a return which is unfortunate.

The issue is that there isn't a big market for this stuff. Think about Ravspec and how long it takes them to get people to leave deposits, develop the product, back and forth with overseas manufacturers, etc. All of that time and material costs money and the Legacy market isn't big by any means. There's just not many people looking to mod their Legacy's.

• 2 months later...
I'm assuming there's no new news on this product/project? New to the forum over the summer and would be interested in this product as well. Especially if is holds up in snow as well as some people have eluded to.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/05-07-SUBARU-LEGACY-PU-FRONT-BUMPER-LIP-JDM-BUMPER-ONLY-/130842846747?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ALegacy&vxp=mtr&hash=item1e76d7661b

Anyone know if this vendor is on here? It seems like its a JDM lip replica without the design modifications made to fit our USDM bumpers. I wanted to find out how much tweaking would be involved. I broke my RBS lip:redface:

I live down the street from them, and actually did stop by once 2-3 yrs ago to do a test fit for one of their earlier prototypes on my spec.b. The prototype ended up being molded for the JDM body, so it was way too short. I gave them my number to call when they had a new version, and I never got a call.

Then RavSpec announced they were building one, so I was less enthused to loan my car to Bayson for a week for test fitting.

Fast forward to now: Since RavSpec isn't pulling through, and it sounds like there's enough people here that want the Bayson product, I could swing by and talk to them again in person.

It would help if I can have a list of people serious enough about buying one, maybe we should get a list going so that I can show them how much interest there is. That way they have a reason to make it sooner rather than later.

It's a bit tough to get there during business hours since my work is 2 hrs away, but I'll see if I can find an excuse to leave work early and make this happen.

Agreed. Tho I think the problem bayson r sees is that they'd have to design 2 different lips for the lgt community. And seeing as how small a market we are compared to the Impreza platform, it just isn't worth it to them financially. Even if they did produce them, the price would almost certainly not be the same as the wrx one. My guess would be around $150 for one and I'm not sure there'd be a lot of interest at that price.

Archived