LegacyGT.com

05 LGT Wagon---HOOD LOUVERS--Lots Of Pictures

SGT Daddy

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good god guys.....if we aren't leg humping some new girl who joins the forum we are slamming unusual mods someone has done. :lol:

At least it's not a wide body with a huge ass wing on the back or painted pink!

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Thank You

With that said they are still out there. Not sure if it is a mod that is worth doing for anything else than being different.

But props to you for joining the robson team! :lol:

X

---

Black was an option, My wife wanted paint matched its her car.

Well Why did you Say So!? That's a Horse of a Different Color!!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-kAMx10KqCc8/Tg21hT0S3sI/AAAAAAAAAuE/NC_oYeAocAA/s1600/WizardOfOzDoorGuy.jpg

I still get too, after the 100,xxx maintenance is done. Next on the list after that are brakes(upgrade) then saggy butt spacers. Then not sure, maybe exhaust seeing that its starting to rust nicely.

I think the idea is valid. Properly done hood vents have been proven (in racing circles) to be beneficial in lowering underhood temperatures by allowing the incoming air that passes through and is heated by the radiator to escape the engine bay easier. For me, the problem here is the execution. The riveted on look just doesn't do it for me. Also, they should probably be farther forward as usually they should be placed at a low-pressure area of the hood (usually further forward) versus closer to a higher pressure area of the hood (closer to the cowl/windshield). If there was a way to make them more integrated into the car, it might not look so offensive to most people on here...

just my .02 cents...

atchipmunk :

The thinking is maybe one of the many aftermarket companies will finally make a new hood with functional hood scoop and heat vents. I have them there to line up with the front of the hood scoop. I know the rivets are not the nicest things to look at, however they are very strong and over kill. One could find a different way to attach them. The idea is good the application may not be for everyone. It works for me and that's what matters.

Archived