LegacyGT.com

05 LGT Wagon---HOOD LOUVERS--Lots Of Pictures

SGT Daddy

next in line, adding this. should rivet right in

ro.jpg.62365e20fb86c3b6746c65d8438977c5.jpg

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From what I have found from looking. I believe that I have the only one with this mods. I have a much larger set on my Jeep for trail riding and long HWY trips.

Car does have almost a 100,xxx on it and the louvers were painted this week. SO there might be a little difference. I am partially color blind so it matches to me. As to the "Why?" I have them on my Jeep and all the HWY driving I do they made a world of difference I have a muti-state trip in the near future to see how much a difference they make. on my Jeep it is Huge, so I have going for a little since these are a third the size that are on the jeep. That and I can say I am the only one.

For good reason too. It's butt ugly!!!

http://www.cool-smileys.com/images/280.gif

To the defense on matching color, pearl white is a very hard color to match, and digital cameras pick up the differences more than the human eye. To really match it you would have to repaint the whole hood.

X

---

WOW, the level of hating is amazing. I get it you don't like them and the color bothers you. I can also see that from some of your comments that you have little to no experience with off-roading or bigger motors and more heat. Hood Louvers have been used for years to help reduce the temperature in the engine bay of cars. With regard to the resale I have no intention of selling it. When I buy a car I keep it till it no longer runs. My Jeep has just under 300,xxx and still runs great. If the colors are off as you all say then oh well. I will live with it till I can paint the hood with the louvers at the same time. That's what happens when the louvers have fresh paint and the paint on the hood is factory from 05.

To the defense on matching color, pearl white is a very hard color to match, and digital cameras pick up the differences more than the human eye. To really match it you would have to repaint the whole hood.

X

Thank You

Cost was $200 with tax. 2 hours labor plus paint. It is a job you could do your self at home if you have the tools and a steady hand. There is a write up with pictures of a larger set being installed on a Jeep Liberty in CO on a Jeep forum.

• Moderators

If it actually dissipates more heat, then more power to ya. Along those lines, I'm in for stats on the under hood temps before you did this and now after--you did measure right?

Also, if you did this for performance reasons--why did you post it in the exterior / aesthetic section?

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

If it actually dissipates more heat, then more power to ya. Along those lines, I'm in for stats on the under hood temps before you did this and now after--you did measure right?

Also, if you did this for performance reasons--why did you post it in the exterior / aesthetic section?

1) I did not measure before as I don't have the needed tools. My Jeep dropped around 30 degrees.

2) for posting here...I did not know where else to put it. its more for long term preventive maintenance.

Jeep gauges reads with numbers not the H and C as the Subaru does.

I'm just curious why you keep comparing your LGT to your Jeep? What are your plans for the car? You mentioned off roading and bigger motors.... should we expect to see this sort of thing in the near future?

There are half a dozen other effective and proven ways to decrease temperatures under the hood, and it seems as though so far you've ignored them all, so you can't be too surprised when you get these kinds of reactions.

Archived