LegacyGT.com

**OFFICIAL** Mid-Atlantic post whoring thread

mr.hicksta

Cheap ones! I got a chance to look at them in person and they look great! I can't wait to give them a shot. They get an awful lot of great reviews from all the Cali Guys. And I figured they gotta be better then some of the other cheap tires out there. There awfully soft, they have a 400 treadware rating and they start at 10/32nds. These should last me 20-30k miles.

I have a dedicated winter tire setup so they wont' be run in the winter.

http://www.1010tires.com/Tires/Reviews/Achilles/ATR+Sport

Slammed more than your girlfriend.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol:

I went through a set of Falken 452's, and 2 sets of Hankook V12's last year. I'm ready for a cheap tire that lasts forever.

Buying for a 17 inch wheel is nice too. 19inch tires are EXPENSIVE!

Hoping there's a tire junkie that'll look at this, but for my ProDrives (18x7.5) I'm thinking of switching from 225/40R18 to 245/40R18 or 245/45R18. It's my hope I don't have to roll the fenders, but if I do, it's not a big deal. Thoughts?

Hoping there's a tire junkie that'll look at this, but for my ProDrives (18x7.5) I'm thinking of switching from 225/40R18 to 245/40R18 or 245/45R18. It's my hope I don't have to roll the fenders, but if I do, it's not a big deal. Thoughts?

Stick with the 40 series tire. The 45's would be way to tall for that size. I think a 245 on a 7.5 might be a bit to large as well. You may want to stick with the 235.

How?

In other news, I got a nasty cold and hadn't taken any sick days for a while, so SICK DAY! :lol:

I had a ridiclous amount of camber when I was running my brembos and a terrible alignment.

Not enough reviews for me to make the jump.

Have you looked at the Achilles ATX I posted earlier? They're probably slightly cheaper and get greater reviews.

Yeah I was on 1010tires earlier. Their tire comparison tool is the best I've seen! I was looking at the General's because they're rated almost as highly as my Bridgestones and they're $300 cheaper. Supposedly the ride is quieter as well.

I've been following the turbo stuff too. Interesting oil starvation was the cause considering you did everything right. What do you think of Bryan's findings?

Yeah I was on 1010tires earlier. Their tire comparison tool is the best I've seen! I was looking at the General's because they're rated almost as highly as my Bridgestones and they're $300 cheaper. Supposedly the ride is quieter as well.

I've been following the turbo stuff too. Interesting oil starvation was the cause considering you did everything right. What do you think of Bryan's findings?

I think the OCV is a cop out. Clearly it doesn't affect turbo pressure to the turbo and it causes a CEL when they go bad. Yeah it over heated, but that could have easily been the cause from driving on it with a bad seal/bearing before noticing it was bad.

It was 11:30 at night I had the music up to keep me awake and I had the cruise control set at 70 on the highway.

I'm glad I'm not the only one....

400 for the rebuild is still cheaper then a new one, but I'll be replacing it with something else as soon as money becomes available. I just don't trust them at this point. To many issues.

Dude I feel the same way. I don't want to wait around for something to happen especially when I'm doing the same things you were doing in terms of maintaining the turbo! I think I'm going Blouch or Garrett next. One of the ball bearing offerings :D

Archived