LegacyGT.com

How Fast have you gotten your GT up to.

psucaptainkickass

115 (where, i pleed the 5th)

The fastest ive ever driven was I got my Trans Am WS6 up to 150 (where i will not say) H O L Y SHIT is that fast.. never again (well cept maybe on a race track someday)

(thats mph btw)

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Speedo stopped at an indicated 139. Without the limiter I think it would do 155 stock before running out of gearing. It climbed pretty quickly to that speed, so it's got enough power not to be drag limited before it runs out of gearing.

I'd recommend against that unless you have a FMIC. The reason the governor is set to that speed is that the air no longer goes into the hood scoop at speeds exceeding 140.

135 mph at the track on 5th, but mostly just under 120 mph on 4th on the track, and about 61 mph in a parking lot on 2nd gear.

I drive like that at either 20 mins at a time, or a whopping 60 seconds at a time.

Track/Autox days are soo much better for the car.

Keefe

Keefe

Beyond the incarceration limit. Proof is on the GPS, I always reset everything but the top speed...to just see if I settle a new "record". I wouldn't admit to any number it but it is in the low triple digits.

I maxed the stock limiter as well. Daylight, clear conditions, completely open stretch of I-71 in Central/Southern Ohio. Opened Winky up and held her, maxed-out, for a few seconds before I cruised down. My snatches of the speedo showed somewhere between 135 and 140 mph, as several of the above stock-LGT drivers photographed. Window were up and moonroof closed, and I had the climate control "off." Speed varied a bit due to slight road inclination, but never exceeded 140 nor dropped below 130, indicated.

I wished I had some way of ascertaining exactly at what speed the governor kicked in.

This was the past memorial-day weekend. On the way back home from Atlanta, GA, I did get pulled-over in TN for very stupid speeding on my part. I'm a habitual speeder on the highways, but I do have my "nerver-do" rules, and I simply got stupid/frustrated and abridged one of them. :lol: I became perfect illustration for my often preached-about litany of "no matter how good the radar/laser detector/jammer, a stupid speeder will always get caught!"

-A

PS: Locally, Winky is self-governed to 23 to 32 mph., respective to 25/35 mph speed limits. :) I never speed in school-zones during restricted hours, and almost never go more than 5-over in work-zones. "Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking - we'll be making up some of our lost time once we're in the air and under-way......"

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I-287, clear day, long stretch without cars, I got my 2.5i ltd up to 118mph, one passenger and the a/c on. I could have definately gone faster but that was enough for me.

I have to add, I absolutely have been loving this car. It takes curves like they are not even there, very solid on the road and even though it is not a turbo, it goes very well, I'm sure the 5MT helps.

Glad to see I'm not the only guy to push his Legacy to redline in 5th gear. Saw just over 150 mph before running out of 5th gear. The engine was still pulling even at that speed. With a true 6th gear overdrive, I'd say the Legacy could pull to 165 mph.

i wish i could say i had a pic to prove it...but that definately wasnt gonna happen :rolleyes:

Archived