LegacyGT.com

Oil Change & Break-In

^^^^^^^^^^^^ Well I don't have any issues with mine. It seems to drain just nicely. I don't have to put the car up or lift or anything. I simply put my arm under the car. Feel for the valve and release the oil into the bucket. Oil changes are a snap! Plus I love the look on the guys face when I buy a bunch of oil filters and NO crush washers... :)

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='rporter']?? I don't buy Subaru oil filters, and the parts stores don't know diddly about crush washers!! My car is lowered. No way to get to the pan & filter without ramps.[/quote] Interesting... most people I've talked to use ONLY subaru oil filters. I'm curious which brand you are using? AHH... LOWERED.... yes so you'll have to jack it up anyways... or what I really want to do someday is buy a lift and have a garage big enough for it!!:lol:

M1 or Bosch when I was doing 7.5K changes with synthetic. Now that I'm going back to 3,750 changes due to the banjo bolt filter issue, it will be whatever filter is on sale. Along with dino in the winter and synth in the summer.
Ron

^ Damn, bro, how low are you riding? I'm on iON's Sport Specs, and with the help of parking the car's front end overhanging the 1" ledge where my garage meets the driveway, I can easily get under her to do the oil/filter change, without jacking/ramping. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

In a quick measurement, the very front edge of the driver's side rocker panel, where it meets the LF wheel opening, is 5" from the ground. Still high enough to barely clear wash racks (very important!). My avatar pic is an oldie with the stock suspension. I see no sense in contorting myself just to change the oil. I toss out the ramps, put two 4"X4"X3' timbers behind the ramps leading edges, and drive up. Nice angle for draining the pan, and easy to get to the filter.
Ron

^ I'll have to get out and measure mine. :) I guess it's the old-school Chinese part of me that's liking the contortion act. :lol: That's what I keep telling baby-Anna, when she's all twisted up, playing on her play-mats. :lol: "Hey, girl, you're half Chinese!" :lol: No, no, seriously, I honestly don't have much trouble at all, getting under there with my drain-pan, using the Fumoto valve. That one inch high ledge really works wonders. Certainly, without it, I can see this being rather painful.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived