LegacyGT.com

So, I CUT MY SPRINGS. OOOOH.

turbodog

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://craig.backfire.ca/img/spring-comparison.png

^ because this

LOL @ that diagram. Talk about false pretenses.

I found the website.

http://craig.backfire.ca/pages/autos/cutting-springs

It's good for a basic understanding. However he completely neglects preload on a strut assembly, and static load on the vehicle.

ooh shit

so wait unicorn math aside...

what springs out there offer the lowest drop from stock?

cause i have the cobb and i am happy with the ride but the fronts could drop another inch in my opinion...at least....

ooh shit

so wait unicorn math aside...

what springs out there offer the lowest drop from stock?

cause i have the cobb and i am happy with the ride but the fronts could drop another inch in my opinion...at least....

in all seriousness i think swift springs are a pretty low drop for our cars. There is a chart floating around with springs and their drops. I also have Cobbs and I like em

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

so can't find this chart....try'd search and google

yeah i have the bilstien hd's...maybe i'd sit a bit lower if i had the street" ones but i do live in pothole ridden philly so..

still tho no one on here knows the lowest springs off the top of their dome??

yeah i saw that thread and read thru it before,didnt remember a chart tho..

why can't we just sticky a chart so we don't have to scan tons of posts....mod's?

Thanks, but I'm not interested in riding around on bump stops or prematurely blowing my struts.

You dont need to concern yourself with the link about lowering spring thread. You obviously do not care about your car nor how it rides. Run along now Jr.

so can't find this chart....try'd search and google

yeah i have the bilstien hd's...maybe i'd sit a bit lower if i had the street" ones but i do live in pothole ridden philly so..

still tho no one on here knows the lowest springs off the top of their dome??

If I come acorss the chart I will let you know

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

wait, how would u prematurely blow shocks from lowering springs vs. cut springs?

Dont bother asking him he obviously cut corners as cutting springs is retarded any car enthusiest will tell you that.

He shouldnt own a Legacy rather a 1996 honda civic if spring cutting is his thing

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

wait, how would u prematurely blow shocks from lowering springs vs. cut springs?

If you drop a car 1.5" or more (depending on the car!) with lowering springs , with a higher spring rate, and you cut bump stops (as many spring mfg rec), you will blow struts sooner than normal (depending on driving conditions). Or you can leave the bump stops on, and possibly protect the struts. Been there, done that.

A 1/4" drop, achived by a small section of spring cut off, is far more conservative and will have virtually no effect on suspension longevity or performance.

Period.

Dont bother asking him he obviously cut corners as cutting springs is retarded any car enthusiest will tell you that.

He shouldnt own a Legacy rather a 1996 honda civic if spring cutting is his thing

Are you in the market for a BMW? Perhaps a 328?

Archived