LegacyGT.com

2014 Subaru Forester Spy Photos

The B4

I have test driven the CVT and I also have driven the 4EAT and I think that the Subaru CVT is way better than any stepped AT box you can find on the market.

The problem is more that people aren't used to a CVT.

I disagree. While the CVT is better in this application than the 4EAT, the VW DSG is the best automatic transmission I have ever driven.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had a 4EAT 08 OBS and test driven the 12 Impreza.... The new CVT is much better than the 4EAT. It feels nimble and just enough power for its size. Although if I ever bought one, I would want the turbo..... which would then equal a WRX.

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

I drove a dealer rental BM with CVT. It was better than I expected, took one ride home to adapt to it. Idk how well CVT is suited for a performance vehicle but for a DD it fits quite nicely.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

I'm not ranting i'm stating things and pointing the obvious things out. There is no way in hell,that the new 12 Impreza is faster than the 11 no way in hell. It's slower,and frankly,some owners have stated they've been getting no where near the stated 36mpg. I don't care what you say,the 5th gen Legacy is hideous thats a fact. The 12 Impreza is hideous and the new forester will be hideous.

True the CVT is better than the 4spd auto,but it's still a crappy gearbox regardless of what you think. Ok the 12 Impreza comes standard now with a roll bar,whereas the 11's didnt but so? put a roll bar on the 11 it'll run circles around the 12 easily. Answer me this,why the base 12 Impreza lost all the standard features that were on the 11 car,but is still priced the same and/or slightly more than the 11? lets see 12 Impreza lost features and didn't really gain any. The price is still the same?! or more than the 11's figure that one out. For one no cruise or steering wheel controls on the base model anymore.

It has ugly non painted black side mirrors,no projectors,no led taillights on the hatch,no hood shocks a decrease in power and more. Frankly the 12 Impreza is basically a huge downgrade,the only thing nice about it is the interior. Sure they're selling good i see alot of them around here as with the new Legacy and Outbacks and current Forester which is nice but has a 4spd auto only on the XT. Also you need to quit bashing my car i love my BL/BP and i would never trade it in for the 5th gen ever! how do you know the Sportage turbo is overrated? you dont know wtf you're talking about. It has a 6spd auto and 270HP vs the Foresters outdated 4spd and 227HP. BRZ will be a strong seller as will the next gen WRX,and frankly i want the next gen WRX. I do wonder if the Legacy will get a mid cycle redesign or full for next year. If so it better not get the stupid a pillar/window big mirror on the door treatment. Also you talk about visibility on the new 12 Impreza,but the windshield is huge and i'm sure the front visibility is difficult to see the hood. I used to have an 06 Honda civic with a steeply ranked huge windshield i couldn't see the hood due to that fact.

Sorry, you're not pointing things out. You're stating opinions as facts. It's not hard to understand how the Impreza with a power and weight reduction plus a CVT is able to be faster than more powerful, heavier model saddled with a 4EAT.

Have you read about the mileage concerns lately? As many postulated, it was a matter of break in, winter gas, and cold weather. Everyone has been talking about how much better their MPG's have been since the weather has started to get warmer. Consumer Reports averaged 27 mpg in their testing... two less than the 40 mpg Elantra, 1 less than the Focus, 1 more than the Cruze Eco, 2 less than the Civic Ex, and 2 more than the Jetta.

The CVT is not a bad transmission at all. I had an Outback loaner with one. It can be a little loud when revving, but it is very responsive and doesn't feel like a rubber band like Nissan's. My wife didn't even notice that she was driving a CVT.

The base Impreza doesn't have a roll bar and still out handles the GR. They car is dynamically better. The GR is a pig and isn't sporty at all. It fell on its face in every comparison test with other small cars. It looks the part and can't perform.

You're complaining over non painted side mirrors (which they are by the way), hood dampers, projector headlights, a reduction in power, and LED tails?

How about an increase in expensive high tensile steel for increase safety, a reduction in weight, a new generation engine, an advancement in transmission, much improved aerodynamics, an increase in passenger and cargo room without bloat, a vastly improved interior with soft touch plastics, shutters on the vents, increased sound deadening, added rebound springs for a better ride, increased subframe stiffness, better seat fabrics, standard armrest extension, PZEV status, Paddle shifters, actual roof rails on the sport model, aluminum calipers instead of cast iron, return spring on brake pads, larger front stabilizer bar than the GR, addition of a rear stabilizer bar, electric power steering, a brake override system, knee airbags, an extra beam in the door for crash worthiness, a much better sound system...need I go on? Oh yeah... 36 mpg.

If you're going to harp on one angle, you lose credibility. The big picture tells the story. Subaru decontented the fluff in order to add the things to make the car better and competitive as a compact commuter/economy car. People in that price range care most about the price tag, fuel economy, safety, reliability, and bluetooth. Throwing in sportiness, AWD, and comfort are big pluses for the Impreza. Calling the Impreza a downgrade is silly for anyone that has even sat in the 2012. It's a much nicer car than my freaking STI is.

I need to quit bashing your car yet you bash the cars of others? :rolleyes: It's still slower than a 2012 Impreza.

Have you not been reading up on KIA and Hyundai lately? It's becoming quite noticeable that the HP claims aren't holding up in the real world. The Optima has more HP than a Camry and just under the Passat V6 yet it is way slower than both. In fact, it's barely faster than a 200hp Camry Hybrid.

3RD PLACE: HYUNDAI SONATA SE 2.0T

fact, at 7.0 seconds to 60 and 15.4 at 91.5 mph to the quarter mile, the 2.0T barely edged the 200-horse Camry Hybrid. When comparing high-performance variants, being last is never a positive, especially when it's last by a lot. And the subpar performance wasn't just in straight-line stats; in all objective handling tests, the Sonata rose to the top in none. Hyundai eschewed a V-6 in favor of a turbo I-4, citing comparable power, less weight, and improved

fuel economy. Acceleration was the slowest, and observed fuel economy nearly tied for last. And the 2.0T was indeed the lightest car of the three, but only by 35 pounds compared with the Camry.

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/1112_2011_hyundai_sonata_se_vs_2012_toyota_camry_se_vs_2012_volkswagen_passat_vr6_sel_comparison/viewall.html#ixzz1pfsTZYdj

This has been a reoccurring trend with Kia and Hyundai products as of late. HP isn't adding up to performance. Regardless of the transmission and power ratings, the Forester XT (which is underrated) still accelerates quicker and does the quarter mile quicker and at a higher speed than the Sportage.

Have you set in the 2012? I have. Visibility is extremely good.

So separating fact from your opinions. You're entitled to them, and your perception is your reality, but that doesn't make them universally true.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are you 12? You need to learn the definition of "fact". You're spewing how crappy the CVT and the 5th gen are and stating it's a fact, yet he needs to stop bashing your car? You make absolutely no sense. Seriously though, you sound like an uneducated teenager with ADD.

Don't insult me douche bag,and you sound like a 5th gen troll. I doubt you've even owned a 4th gen Legacy so if you haven't you have no right to talk.

Sorry, you're not pointing things out. You're stating opinions as facts. It's not hard to understand how the Impreza with a power and weight reduction plus a CVT is able to be faster than more powerful, heavier model saddled with a 4EAT.

Have you read about the mileage concerns lately? As many postulated, it was a matter of break in, winter gas, and cold weather. Everyone has been talking about how much better their MPG's have been since the weather has started to get warmer. Consumer Reports averaged 27 mpg in their testing... two less than the 40 mpg Elantra, 1 less than the Focus, 1 more than the Cruze Eco, 2 less than the Civic Ex, and 2 more than the Jetta.

The CVT is not a bad transmission at all. I had an Outback loaner with one. It can be a little loud when revving, but it is very responsive and doesn't feel like a rubber band like Nissan's. My wife didn't even notice that she was driving a CVT.

The base Impreza doesn't have a roll bar and still out handles the GR. They car is dynamically better. The GR is a pig and isn't sporty at all. It fell on its face in every comparison test with other small cars. It looks the part and can't perform.

You're complaining over non painted side mirrors (which they are by the way), hood dampers, projector headlights, a reduction in power, and LED tails?

How about an increase in expensive high tensile steel for increase safety, a reduction in weight, a new generation engine, an advancement in transmission, much improved aerodynamics, an increase in passenger and cargo room without bloat, a vastly improved interior with soft touch plastics, shutters on the vents, increased sound deadening, added rebound springs for a better ride, increased subframe stiffness, better seat fabrics, standard armrest extension, PZEV status, Paddle shifters, actual roof rails on the sport model, aluminum calipers instead of cast iron, return spring on brake pads, larger front stabilizer bar than the GR, addition of a rear stabilizer bar, electric power steering, a brake override system, knee airbags, an extra beam in the door for crash worthiness, a much better sound system...need I go on? Oh yeah... 36 mpg.

If you're going to harp on one angle, you lose credibility. The big picture tells the story. Subaru decontented the fluff in order to add the things to make the car better and competitive as a compact commuter/economy car. People in that price range care most about the price tag, fuel economy, safety, reliability, and bluetooth. Throwing in sportiness, AWD, and comfort are big pluses for the Impreza. Calling the Impreza a downgrade is silly for anyone that has even sat in the 2012. It's a much nicer car than my freaking STI is.

I need to quit bashing your car yet you bash the cars of others? :rolleyes: It's still slower than a 2012 Impreza.

Have you not been reading up on KIA and Hyundai lately? It's becoming quite noticeable that the HP claims aren't holding up in the real world. The Optima has more HP than a Camry and just under the Passat V6 yet it is way slower than both. In fact, it's barely faster than a 200hp Camry Hybrid.

This has been a reoccurring trend with Kia and Hyundai products as of late. HP isn't adding up to performance. Regardless of the transmission and power ratings, the Forester XT (which is underrated) still accelerates quicker and does the quarter mile quicker and at a higher speed than the Sportage.

Have you set in the 2012? I have. Visibility is extremely good.

So separating fact from your opinions. You're entitled to them, and your perception is your reality, but that doesn't make them universally true.

Yours are just opinions aswell,and no haven't sat in the 12 Impreza and honestly,I don't want to. Yes the interior is nicer than the 11's obviously. I've seen the 12 Impreza in person,and the hatch is hideous. The sedan is an improvement over the 11,but the 12 hatch is a disaster. The 11 hatch was alot nicer. CVTs are horrible transmissions that are extremely costly to fix and replace. CVTs with paddles shifters are a joke it's just fake gears that don't do anything. How can a CVT have gears? they dont.

Say what you want,but automatics should be geared and not have a rubber band feeling CVT. Mileage concerns are because the stupid federal government passed and mandated CAFE standards,basically forcing automakers to comply with these bullsh!t regulations and if they don't they would face stiff heavy fines by the government.

What right does the government have to force car makers to make fuel efficient vehicles? let automakers built what they want to build and let the consumer buy what they want to buy. Well if you say the 12 is nicer than your STI then why don't you trade it in? and honestly this new trend of big mirrors/a pillar window on the door needs to stop,it's stupid as hell and looks ridiculous. I don't care if it's for efficiency it looks dumb as hell.

Also you still didn't answer why the 12's lost all those standard features over the 11's. The 36 MPG rating is with the CVT only and the manual gets around 32-33 or more easily,but it's geared all wrong,various magazines tested it. Yes the new FB20 is amazing but it's also gutless at 148HP vs the EJ's 170HP-170TQ which by the way easily gets 30-32 MPG. The new Impreza should have received 180HP or 200 and 5/6 speed manual and 6speed automatic. I hope they bring back the RS because the Impreza seems to have lost it's sportiness after 2011.

Don't insult me douche bag,and you sound like a 5th gen troll. I doubt you've even owned a 4th gen Legacy so if you haven't you have no right to talk.

Yours are just opinions aswell,and no haven't sat in the 12 Impreza and honestly,I don't want to. Yes the interior is nicer than the 11's obviously. I've seen the 12 Impreza in person,and the hatch is hideous. The sedan is an improvement over the 11,but the 12 hatch is a disaster. The 11 hatch was alot nicer. CVTs are horrible transmissions that are extremely costly to fix and replace. CVTs with paddles shifters are a joke it's just fake gears that don't do anything. How can a CVT have gears? they dont.

Say what you want,but automatics should be geared and not have a rubber band feeling CVT. Mileage concerns are because the stupid federal government passed and mandated CAFE standards,basically forcing automakers to comply with these bullsh!t regulations and if they don't they would face stiff heavy fines by the government.

What right does the government have to force car makers to make fuel efficient vehicles? let automakers built what they want to build and let the consumer buy what they want to buy. Well if you say the 12 is nicer than your STI then why don't you trade it in? and honestly this new trend of big mirrors/a pillar window on the door needs to stop,it's stupid as hell and looks ridiculous. I don't care if it's for efficiency it looks dumb as hell.

Also you still didn't answer why the 12's lost all those standard features over the 11's. The 36 MPG rating is with the CVT only and the manual gets around 32-33 or more easily,but it's geared all wrong,various magazines tested it. Yes the new FB20 is amazing but it's also gutless at 148HP vs the EJ's 170HP-170TQ which by the way easily gets 30-32 MPG. The new Impreza should have received 180HP or 200 and 5/6 speed manual and 6speed automatic. I hope they bring back the RS because the Impreza seems to have lost it's sportiness after 2011.

It just goes to show how out of touch you are. The hatch Impreza is strongly outselling the sedan. Some CVT's are horrible, Subaru's isn't. Automatic transmissions are extremely costly to fix and replace. As long as either are reliable, you don't have to worry about it.

Subaru's CVT isn't like a rubber band at all. It's obvious you haven't driven it. It took me all of 20 minutes to get used to it. It's weird at first because it revs and there is no gear change. That does take getting used to. It's super smooth. Why do you think automatics keep adding gears? Smoothness and the more gears the better fuel effeciency. CVTs are the epitome of smoothness and since there are infinite ratios you can maximize fuel efficiency. The shifts in automatics are the epitome of inefficiency. When will the arms race to add more gears end? 10? 17? 32? More and more gears means increasing cost and weight... and still not as efficient as a CVT with infinite ratios.

Paddle shifters on a CVT are just as much as a joke as having them on an automatic. The CVT with manual mode has 6 preset ratios. Shifting up or down jumps the chain straight to those ratios. It's the same as overriding an automatics gear selection (or in this case the CVT's currnt ratio selection) and shifting to one that suits your current acceleration needs.

While the looming CAFE rules definitely play a role, fuel economy has been on the general consumer's mind since 1999-2000 when gas prices started going up. 2004 saw a big jump and 2007-2008 saw a massive jump. It's evident right now that new car shoppers are moving towards smaller more fuel efficient vehicles. Midsized sedans, Crossovers, and small cars are the current hot tickets. That's a big shift from the previous love of large cars and even larger SUVS.

The government's role in managing the U.S.'s dependance on non-renewable energy and its subsequent impact on the environment and dependance on and funding for countries hostile to the security of the US is another topic of discussion for another thread. I will be trading my STI in when the new one comes out.

I thought I did answer your question about the 2012. It was cost cutting to hedge against the yen appreciation and to re appropriate the dollars to areas of the car the economy buyers actually car about. It gained far more than it lost. Consumer Reports is very quick to point out cars that go backwards versus their previous versions. The Sienna, Civic, Jetta, Versa, 4runner, Odyssey, and e350 all took their knocks for that reason. The Impreza (like the Legacy) were lauded for being great improvements over the cars they replaced. The Impreza so much so that it became their top rated compact.

The FB in the forester is rated for more power than the +25 year old EJ. The FB is also set up for future engine tech like direct injection. The downgrade in power is strictly to help the car get better fuel economy. Most of the high mpg vehicles in the segment have similar power levels. The Impreza carries the weight and fuel consumption penalty of AWD.

How can a car lose sportiness when it's actually sportier than the car it replaces? Yes it's down on power, but it has a stiffer chassis, better brakes, lower weight, and better suspension. It accelerates just as quickly. 90% of the articles state that it is a very sporty handler. Many go to say it's a wash with the benchmark Mazda3. The previous gen looked the part, but in no way was as sporty as the Mazda3.

The new Impreza is setting sales records month after month because it finally fits with what compact car buyers want. 180 - 200 hp ain't it.

http://i39.tinypic.com/33z7fat.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This Subie guy clearly still doesn't know the difference between fact and opinion. Sounds like anything he says he thinks is fact and anything someone else states is an opinion.

I totally made up the fact that I had a 2006 SWP 5 speed manual LGT. :rolleyes:

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/281362_2202122379764_1448479119_32555075_4939373_n.jpg

You're a freaking troll dude. I have owned both generations and the 5th gen is better in every single way when you take the power out of the equation as I went from a GT to a 2.5i. I will say though, the white one in that picture looks pretty bad ass! :wub:

B4, every point you make is spot on and makes sense to me. I haven't driven or even sat in the 2012 Impreza, but it looks better to me and the interior simplicity I absolutely love. I haven't driven any other manufacturer's CVT but I feel that the one in the Legacy works great.

I wonder how big the 5th gen would look next to the Vette and Cobalt, probably look like a giant. Haha.

Everyone goes on about automatic costs to repair and have for years now but the truth is they don't break down as much as people seem to think. Most people will go through a few clutches and the automatic will keep on trucking with no issues. Give me a manual in a sports car any day of the week or a car with a lot of power. In a family sedan, I'll take the automatic.

It just goes to show how out of touch you are. The hatch Impreza is strongly outselling the sedan. Some CVT's are horrible, Subaru's isn't. Automatic transmissions are extremely costly to fix and replace. As long as either are reliable, you don't have to worry about it.

Subaru's CVT isn't like a rubber band at all. It's obvious you haven't driven it. It took me all of 20 minutes to get used to it. It's weird at first because it revs and there is no gear change. That does take getting used to. It's super smooth. Why do you think automatics keep adding gears? Smoothness and the more gears the better fuel effeciency. CVTs are the epitome of smoothness and since there are infinite ratios you can maximize fuel efficiency. The shifts in automatics are the epitome of inefficiency. When will the arms race to add more gears end? 10? 17? 32? More and more gears means increasing cost and weight... and still not as efficient as a CVT with infinite ratios.

Paddle shifters on a CVT are just as much as a joke as having them on an automatic. The CVT with manual mode has 6 preset ratios. Shifting up or down jumps the chain straight to those ratios. It's the same as overriding an automatics gear selection (or in this case the CVT's currnt ratio selection) and shifting to one that suits your current acceleration needs.

While the looming CAFE rules definitely play a role, fuel economy has been on the general consumer's mind since 1999-2000 when gas prices started going up. 2004 saw a big jump and 2007-2008 saw a massive jump. It's evident right now that new car shoppers are moving towards smaller more fuel efficient vehicles. Midsized sedans, Crossovers, and small cars are the current hot tickets. That's a big shift from the previous love of large cars and even larger SUVS.

The government's role in managing the U.S.'s dependance on non-renewable energy and its subsequent impact on the environment and dependance on and funding for countries hostile to the security of the US is another topic of discussion for another thread. I will be trading my STI in when the new one comes out.

I thought I did answer your question about the 2012. It was cost cutting to hedge against the yen appreciation and to re appropriate the dollars to areas of the car the economy buyers actually car about. It gained far more than it lost. Consumer Reports is very quick to point out cars that go backwards versus their previous versions. The Sienna, Civic, Jetta, Versa, 4runner, Odyssey, and e350 all took their knocks for that reason. The Impreza (like the Legacy) were lauded for being great improvements over the cars they replaced. The Impreza so much so that it became their top rated compact.

The FB in the forester is rated for more power than the +25 year old EJ. The FB is also set up for future engine tech like direct injection. The downgrade in power is strictly to help the car get better fuel economy. Most of the high mpg vehicles in the segment have similar power levels. The Impreza carries the weight and fuel consumption penalty of AWD.

How can a car lose sportiness when it's actually sportier than the car it replaces? Yes it's down on power, but it has a stiffer chassis, better brakes, lower weight, and better suspension. It accelerates just as quickly. 90% of the articles state that it is a very sporty handler. Many go to say it's a wash with the benchmark Mazda3. The previous gen looked the part, but in no way was as sporty as the Mazda3.

The new Impreza is setting sales records month after month because it finally fits with what compact car buyers want. 180 - 200 hp ain't it.

http://i39.tinypic.com/33z7fat.jpg

The new Impreza is selling very well here.

This Subie guy clearly still doesn't know the difference between fact and opinion. Sounds like anything he says he thinks is fact and anything someone else states is an opinion.

I totally made up the fact that I had a 2006 SWP 5 speed manual LGT. :rolleyes:

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/281362_2202122379764_1448479119_32555075_4939373_n.jpg

You're a freaking troll dude. I have owned both generations and the 5th gen is better in every single way when you take the power out of the equation as I went from a GT to a 2.5i. I will say though, the white one in that picture looks pretty bad ass! :wub:

B4, every point you make is spot on and makes sense to me. I haven't driven or even sat in the 2012 Impreza, but it looks better to me and the interior simplicity I absolutely love. I haven't driven any other manufacturer's CVT but I feel that the one in the Legacy works great.

I wonder how big the 5th gen would look next to the Vette and Cobalt, probably look like a giant. Haha.

Everyone goes on about automatic costs to repair and have for years now but the truth is they don't break down as much as people seem to think. Most people will go through a few clutches and the automatic will keep on trucking with no issues. Give me a manual in a sports car any day of the week or a car with a lot of power. In a family sedan, I'll take the automatic.

The 5th gen is huge and personally the 4th gen was better. You had an 06 GT and downgraded to a base 12? why? no i haven't driven the new Legacy.The electronic e-brake and rear diff is gone? someone said on here?..i hope the 6th gen will be better one can only hope. I like my bigger trunk with goose neck hinges too,the new hinges are weird on the new Legacy it makes the trunk door look tiny and akward.

I owned a 2005 GTO between my Subarus. I made a bad decision financially with selling the 2006 as I spent almost 3 grand on it in a year (Clutch, flywheel, tires, wheels). I was just worried that it would break down..(Shouldn't have ever joined this forum) Lol. I do feel that the 5th gen is better though. I wanted an automatic and better fuel economy than what the 3.6R could offer. I'll probably pick up a C6 Z06 in the near future or one of the muscle cars so I'll have something pretty fun to drive.

I never use the parking brake and I have no issue with it being electronic. I'm not mechanically savvy so I have no idea about differentials and whatnot. Being AWD, wouldn't it need to have a front, rear, and center?

The new Impreza is selling very well here i already said that,but it basically is a downgrade vs the 11 in terms of standard features. Yes the interior is nicer vs the 11,and some other various bits and pieces but personally i'd rather have an 11. I haven't test driven Subaru's CVT but i'm sure it's really good. I just hate CVT's,like i said my moms Murano had it and it just drones. Subarus CVT is alot better than Nissans. I just wish it had a 6 speed auto instead of a CVT..CVT's are unpredictable. I'd rather have a manual anyway/anyday of the week.

The 5th gen is huge and personally the 4th gen was better. You had an 06 GT and downgraded to a base 12? why? and cvt? wow..no i haven't driven the new Legacy in either drive train,but I've heard the cable shifter is sloppy as hell and the CVT takes awhile to get used to. On top of it electronic e-brake and rear diff is gone? someone said on here?..i hope the 6th gen will be better one can only hope. I like my bigger trunk with goose neck hinges too,the new hinges are weird on the new Legacy it makes the trunk door look tiny and akward.

The cable operated shifter is different in feel than the direct link shifter, but it's no more sloppy than the 5 speed is. It reduces both vibration and noise entering the cabin from the the transmission. The electronic e brake is a marked improvement. I don't use my e brake for drifting. It makes driving up and down all of the stoplight laden hills here a breeze. It is way better than the incline assist in my STI. There were a plethora of comments on the previous gen Legacy about the electronic brake digging into thighs. The only issue i have with the electronic versus manual brake is that I am always looking for the wrong one when I switch cars.

The loss of the LSD is way overrated as well. The integrated VDC reacts quicker than an LSD and allows the computer to control all aspects of how power is delivered to individual wheels. An LSD operates independently of the computer. On top of that, the Torsen diff will effectively act like an open diff if one side has a complete loss of traction such as being up in the air. This isn't the case with using VDC. The only real drawback is that for track use you'd either want VDC off or if you left it on and didn't care about being slowed down, you'd heat up the brakes and lead to brake fade quicker. That being said, the 2008 WRX with no LSD out performed the 2007 LSD equipped WRX on the track. The 2009+ WRX seem to have no problem being beastly with no LSD.

The 2010+ Legacy doesn't have hinges. It has those gas struts you're lamenting the loss of from the Impreza's hood. The BM's trunk is a lot bigger than the BL, 14.7 cubic feet vs. 11.4 cubic feet. There's less trunk intrusion from the rear suspension and no intrusion from the hinges as there aren't any. The opening is 14" wider at the base than the BL and 8.5" wider at the top. The only thing is that the top opening doesn't go back as deep as the BL, so larger items are more side loaded than top loaded.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ive owned an 05 lgt and an 10 3.6R. The 05 was awesome, but once i had kids the 10 was perfect in size and comfort vs my tuned lgt lol.

Different strokes for different folks.

This new forester has so much crap on it amd isn't even the production model. Unfair to bash on it now imo. Only reason i wouldn't buy it from what i see is it doesn't have 7 seats lol

He's been a memeber since 2005, what do you think the chances are he didn't own an LGT between 2005 and 2010?

What transmission will they throw in with the turbo model if it comes out? I assume not the CVT but there is also no stick shift option for the current Forester. Maybe they will throw in the 6 speed from the current Legacy?

Easy. That's a trick question as they will cancel the XT version of the Forester the same way they did with the GT version of the legacy :spin:

• 5 months later...

http://sylphys.ddo.jp/upld2nd/car2/src/1348395302355.jpg

Taken from NASIOC

4595mm length

1795mm width

1695mm height

2640mm wheelbase

220mm ground clearance

BOXER engine [FB20 [ 1995cc: total engine 20.0kg-m/4200rpm, maximum output: Maximum torque 150Ps/6200rpm

"2.0i", "2.0iL" ~ 2.09 million yen to 2.4 million yen

"2.0IL EyeSight" ~ 2.5 million yen

"2.0iS EyeSight" ~ 2.77 million yen

Weight 2.0i (6MT) 1440Kg, 2.0i (CVT) 1470Kg 2.0IL (6MT) 1440Kg, 2.0IL (CVT) 1480Kg, 2.0IS (CVT) 1490Kg JC08

Fuel consumption: [ 2.0i (6MT) 13.4 / L, 2.0i (CVT) 14.4 / L 2.0IL (6MT) 13.4 / L, 2.0IL (CVT) 15.2 / L, 2.0IS (CVT) 15.2 / L 2.0L

Engine total engine displacement: 1998cc, twin-scroll turbo direct injection Maximum torque: 35.7kg-m/2000 ~ 5600rpm, maximum output: 285 horsepower "X-MODE" standard than 2.0iL (CVT) , such as by bad road, switch the ON · OFF manually, etc. to prevent slip mode to enhance the torque (less than 40km / h) low rotational

"2.0XT" ~ 2.83 million yen

"2.0XT EyeSight" ~ 2.93 million yen

2.0XT (CVT) 1590kg curb weight - 2.0XT (CVT)

[JC08 mode fuel consumption] 13.2km / L [DIT] type FA20 2.0L BOXER

'14 Forester

Length 4595 mm

Width 1795 mm

Height 1695 mm

Wheelbase 2640 mm

Ground clearance 220 mm

Weight 1440-1490 kg

'08-13 SH Forester

Length 4559 mm

Width 1781 mm

Height 1674 mm

Wheelbase 2616 mm

Ground clearance 220mm

Weight ~1470 kg

XV Crosstrek

Length mm 4450

Width mm 1780

Height mm 1615

Wheelbase mm 2635

ground clearance mm 220

Unladen Mass kg 1390-1420

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

YOU WIN SIR, sad but true...

Niche is what Subaru still tries to aspire to while maintaining cores in "mainstream" as they initially advertised. The CUV is a growing and competitive segment. There's more chance of them cancelling the XV in the U.S. than the Forester.

This looks pretty nice i like the new style on these. That silver one looks sharp. Im a big fan of my current XT and hopefully SOA decides to do something with the lack of rear a.c vents in the forester line.

I feel that if they only offered the xt with a cvt tranny it would be a very good seller for them and should consider making more. It would be nice to have the 5spd option though, i bet the power delivery with the cvt tranny and the turbo would make for a pretty nice ride.

Archived