LegacyGT.com

2014 Subaru Forester Spy Photos

The B4

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you cant.... thats really strange, they came 09-13s???

this is what I have from Subaru (can't post that page)

The 2.0XT will have sunroof but no AWP still :rolleyes: it is really ridiculous as the XT is suppose to be the sporty outdoors kind or Forester but no AWP??

No manuals in MD or VA unless someone preorded a 13' and didnt take it

I have no idea what is up with that I am trying to find out but there might be something behind the grill like Benz has.

It almost seems as Subaru hired an intern to come up with the 14 packages. Some really strange combinations on some. May have to wait til 15 when that guy has been fired and they get the packages right.

Here's a winter video.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQEBF8dRoA0]2013 Subaru Forester 2,5 XT offroad in Finland - YouTube[/ame]

And another (Danish voice)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr2G2XuCDhc]Subaru Forester 2013 Finland høj - YouTube[/ame]

453747.png

In the past northern Europe occasionally got some special stuff from Subaru.

I can confirm that. I've seen some 2004-2009 outbacks in Norway with a low range gear box option just like shown in this video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAvp-XG3g2g]Subaru Outback - Low range demo - YouTube[/ame]

So why have the XV Crosstrek if the Forester is basically the same vehicle? both start at relatively the same price,but you get more power and one more gear (6 speed manual) on the base Foz. Why would anybody buy the Crosstrek over this?

Comparably equipped, the Forester is quite a bit more expensive.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here's one offroad test. Seems to be pretty good in the terrain.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6_eNeqvKEw]2012 NEW FORESTER DEMO RUN 新型フォレスターã®ã‚ªãƒ•ãƒ­ãƒ¼ãƒ‰èµ°è¡Œ - YouTube[/ame]

453747.png

Now I have taken the new Forester on a test drive, and I tried both the Diesel (MT) and the XT (CVT).

The general impression with the Diesel is that it's pretty much the same as what I'm used to. Maybe a little more refined in the characteristic, but no big deal. The power of 147hp/350Nm is the same as before, the range is a bit better providing the maximum torque from 1600 to 2400 rpm instead of from 1800 to 2400 rpm on earlier models, but not something that you really would notice when driving.

The XT was a nice experience. Very smooth and barely noticable when the lock-up engages at around 40km/h. And the gearbox is well-matched to the engine with no noticeable changes in the acceleration when the accelerator is floored.

The suspension is stiff without being bumpy which I think gives a good sense of control.

The trip computer is a major change from what the '10 Legacy I have offers. Color TFT with a lot of graphics. The screen also doubles as a reverse camera. (Camera only on XS, XE and XT model, not on X).

Both cars had leather seats, and they are flat compared to the seats of the Legacy. And I like seats that gives good support.

Classic manual parking brake on the Forester, no fancy electric parking brake as the Legacy has.

And the Forester has done away with the hood scoop and instead has a duct coming from the front. Probably a change to provide better aerodynamics. To me it's no big deal, even if some people likes the hood scoop! :D

There was no offroad track to test on, so I don't know how it feels like there.

Headlights are reflectors with Halogen on X model and reflectors with HID on XS/XE/XT.

The riding position is quite a bit higher in the Forester than what I have in the Legacy, but that's not unexpected.

So right now I'm just waiting for the Diesel with CVT to show up, which will be on the Outback in May.

453747.png

Nice... I didn't even know dealers were delivering them already.

States on the coasts seem to already have them per YouTube. The rest of us inside the U.S. have to wait since all of them are still in transit.

Dealer only had two on the lot. One white premium and one silver limited. We were about to leave and test drive the 1.6T Escape when the manager pulls up in a silver premium! I already have a white car so white wasn't what we wanted. Long story short, here is the wife's new ride.

photo.thumb.jpg.61b1d75757d47f50221be3b11ee11391.jpg

Dealer only had two on the lot. One white premium and one silver limited. We were about to leave and test drive the 1.6T Escape when the manager pulls up in a silver premium! I already have a white car so white wasn't what we wanted. Long story short, here is the wife's new ride.

Nice color. I see your a Steelers fan. Did you buy your new Forester in the Pittsburgh area? I bought my 2010 Forester XT at Baierl but now I live close to Day West Liberty.

Steelers, Pirates, and Pens! Born and raised in NW PA. Usually in Pittsburgh no less than 5x a year for sporting events.

Moved to Winchester, VA in 2005. Bought it in Winchester.

I am really digging the new Forester, wish I had fewer years to pay on my current Forester so I could trade.

Archived