LegacyGT.com

Review of FMS and other knock-off parts

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PW is worth the money, I don't care what anyone says. If you like nice things, it's the tmic to get. (and so might the spearco too)

Does PW cut you a check for all these shameless plugs?

What, are you bitter because he's right? :lol:

Just do a search under his name and RacerX. He pretty much plugs the IC on his car.:lol:

I don't know where to begin with that utterly retarded reply. "seems like it's too big", ever wonder why FMIC cores are big and not the same size of a tmic? no? well it's because the longer time air spends rushing through channels of fins that are cooler than that of the air, the less the temperature of the air that comes out.

What exactly was hard to understand? Is it the best TMIC? Sure. Is it worth $1000? Not till someone sorts out a really proper splitter to make use of it.

Its a Subie. But even a crap FMIC tends to cool better than a good TMIC. The PW is a nice TMIC. On a WRX it works very well. Without proper direction of air flow from the scoop and consistent airflow across the entire core, you dont actually get all the benefites of a PW set up. I have yet to see someone devise a modified air scoop to effectively do this on an LGT.There are many very capable FMIC kits available for less than a PW. Even a TurboXS (which many others are a copy of) sells for under $900 delivered.

Actually the hood scoop on the 4th gen LGT is the smallest hood scoop currently used by Subaru. Because the car is the most aerodynamic. Both the OEM engine cover and the OEM splash tray are part of the aerodynamic package and are needed for proper air flow through the TMIC. The splitter supplied with the PW is meant for the WRX. It does not fit or work properly on an LGT. Lose the engine cover and you lose some efficiency as air is no longer directed into the TMIC as the engineers designed and tested.

So, while the PW is a larger core, and holds the core higher off the motor (and the turbo) it is still not a perfect product. You are not even getting 100% of its use/efficiency in an LGT. It will still heat soak far faster than a FMIC. It is a nice product. But for $1000 there are better options for the same price (or less).

yes, we caught that. however other than you and the boys on the BMX bandwagon

any dyno "proven" gains on this

AVO vs. PW

Perrin vs. PW

stock vs. PW even?

don't just tell us to buy it because you say so

show us w/ hard evidence why we need to buy this

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

yes, we caught that. however other than you and the boys on the BMX bandwagon

any dyno "proven" gains on this

AVO vs. PW

Perrin vs. PW

stock vs. PW even?

don't just tell us to buy it because you say so

show us w/ hard evidence why we need to buy this

that's why bren's website has a dyno blog. you can compare parts and performance. there were a couple lgt's with the PW and the charts are there, go find em!

You do understand Sprank didn't know the PW even came in LGT fitment, correct? You must have missed that.

I seem to have missed the LGT fitment part too.;)

Must be the not reading the whole thread + DGAF about TMIC that cost more than $450 used thing.

that's why bren's website has a dyno blog. you can compare parts and performance. there were a couple lgt's with the PW and the charts are there, go find em!

the fms fmic is the only fms product i'd buy, coat the pipes and it looks and performs pretty good.

http://brentuning.com/blog/?p=153

Odd that the first thing I pulled up from Bren was them calling the FMS tmic the PW.

Its not that I disagree with you, its just funny you must admit.:)

Well there's one that bolts straight to the turbo for the best heatsoak possible, then there's one that is attached to the turbo via a silicon hose for moderate heatsoak.

Well there's one that bolts straight to the turbo for the best heatsoak possible, then there's one that is attached to the turbo via a silicon hose for moderate heatsoak.

OIC. I thought you meant style of intercooler not AMOUNT OF HEATSOAK.

More or MOST.:p

• I Donated
TMIC is the style of intercooler (opposed to FMIC) you crackheads!:p Dont tell me styles have style. You are making my emo have emo.:spin:

It's "PW style" because it is a knockoff of the PW TMIC. Hence why we are talking about it in this thread. :lol:

Archived