LegacyGT.com

BNR 20g

rapture

ok so, i just wanted to start a thread saying how great of an experience i personally had with Brian and am anxiously awaiting my new 20g with new fixin's in the mail.

he seems like a really great dude and i will be posting a build thread asap. with pics.,hd vids. and dyno#'s

but for now just a big thank you and much appreciation to BNR!!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

idk? you'd have to direct that question to bryan....@bnr

all i know is i am soo excited to get this on! he said its a new blade for the td06 20g. supposed to spool quicker. don't worry i will have a dyno sheet with hd video soon enough.

I'm assuming these are machined marks? Never seen that before.

They are. The IHI housing is too small to bore to the 20G's inducer diameter without cutting into daylight. The whole intake stub has to be cut off and a new tube pressed into place, then turned to fit.

Interesting. Is that a 10-blade turbine? Doesn't look like the 11-blade TD06SL2...

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

^ and that does look like a 10 blade doesn't it??

Yesterday for the first time i was ever so slightly frustrated with mine...

Some bitch in an new altima did the... i'm in the right lane at the light but it's cool cause i'm going to floor it and merge across all lanes for my turn.

So she punched it and by the time i realized what was going on she had her 1/4 panel to me when i punched it and was like DAMNIT TUR wwhhooooossh... gone.

wtf kind of honing/boring job is that? looks like someone used a dremel! mmm good for the price nonetheless...btw does BNR use superback compressor wheels or flatbacks? I would assume superbacks since he does a lot of evo wheels...

Something about stuffing a 20G inside a IHI VF housing sound like a great idea to me :rolleyes:

Subscribed for your response of its slow spool...

You say that but I've had both the VF-40 and a standard MHI TD06-20G housing in my hands side by side and I can tell you the VF-40 is only slightly (<5mm) smaller in diameter and very close in overall height. There really isn't much in it. I didn't measure the internal volume but the casting thicknesses are very similar. The reason the VF-40 could put down the numbers it did with those tiny (smaller than TD04L-13T) wheels is the size of the housings.

If anything a smaller compressor housing should improve spool, albeit with a sacrifice in efficiency.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

I'm assuming these are machined marks? Never seen that before.

After the housing gets off the CNC machine, all the housings need a finishing touch. I put the housings on a manual lathe and hit them with sand paper to give a consistant finish.

That is my new turbine wheel design for the R35 GTR's. It will also be used for the new billet 18G's and the 20G's for the LGT's.

As for the machine work, we don't cut the inlets off. We machine the stock housings to accept the 20G.

Bryan@BNR

205 640 1193

That is my new turbine wheel design for the R35 GTR's. It will also be used for the new billet 18G's and the 20G's for the LGT's.

As for the machine work, we don't cut the inlets off. We machine the stock housings to accept the 20G.

Bryan@BNR

205 640 1193

Thanks Bryan. Wow, I was sure you had to do a new inlet tube on these. Amazing there is enough material left on the stock part to cut to the 20G inducer diameter!

Any specs on the new wheel, like inducer / exducer diameter? Is this on the TD05 frame? I see it's the VF-40 exhaust housing still, so I guess it's still a TD05 format wheel eh?

Thanks!

Archived