LegacyGT.com

POLL: Are all women stupid?

LosAngelesLGT

Are all women stupid?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Are all women stupid?

• YES!
    • Most of them.
    • This is so freaking sexist my head is going to explode.

^Satisfied?

I take it my question may have confused you? I hope someone can chime in on my question (See Post #96) & feel free to PM me W/ a response.

If you are going to quote another member of the LegacyGT forum (or anyone), than quote what he/she actually said. -not something you made up/filled in.

I have said what I needed to say. I'm sorry, but I am not going to Post anymore on this thread. I guess you will have to get your attention & excitement somewhere or from someone else. I do not understand people like you LosAngelesGT. I hope you will change your ways.

Btw, the title of this thread has no direct relation to my statements. In previous threads, when have I stated "ALL women are stupid?"

-Tyler

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To clear a few things up:

I apologize for my "sexist" comment(s) towards women. The past few weeks have been nothing but chaos. That chaos included obtaining chemicals, mechanical faults, & electrical issues. The majority of people I came in contact w/ were women & were of no help to me (w/ my specific question(s)). Did it give me any right to say "women should NOT be allowed to work at any auto parts stores or electronic stores"? No, it did not. However, I had a deadline & I was getting sick of hearing "umm, let me forward you to...(usually a male)." Sure one could say my question(s) may be more geared towards "guy stuff," but that should not have any impact on what gender can/could answer my "guy stuff" geared question(s) right?:rolleyes: Male or female, employees should have a bit of backround info behind the products they sell so they can be of help to their customers.

For those of you who are wondering what my question(s) consisted of, let me elaborate. I am in the process of completing my EET degree. I had a project due over the course of Winter Break. The project that was designated to me was a DIY night vision device. I will not note all the circumstances, but the important one was safety which brings me to my question. The IR Laser diodes I was dealing w/ had Power ratings of 750 mW +. -That is roughly 150x the mW (Power) rating of a diode on a normal handheld laser. W/ these excessive powers, a diode can/will burn both the rods & cones in your eyes instantly blinding you & the dangerous part about this is they are invisible. I wanted my "DIY night vision device" to go undetected so I chose a nM (nano-meter/wavelength) of approximately 900 which is right outside "visible light 360-810 nM." For those of you who do not know, you can find these Wavelengths/frequencies on the EMS (electromagnetic spectrum).

Maybe someone will be able to answer this. Heck, make me feel dumb & let a woman answer it. Here it is:

Assume I have a laser diode optical output of 1w, & a pupil size of .25" in my eye (Dilated @ Night). If I shined that 1W Laser directly into my eye, I will be blind instantly. However, what If I put that 1w through a lense & disperse it out into a circular area. I should only need to have a large enough circle so that the fraction that would go into my eyes is a safe amount, correct? Area of a Circle = Pie * ®^2, So I can just figure the fraction of the pupil's area to the larger circle's area. I only need an "Eye-Safe Level," which I'll call 1mW. So I have (Diode Power) x (Pie * (.25")^2) / (Pie x r^2) which equals 1mW. Hence, 1000 x (1/16) / (r^2) = 1. Radius = about 8" or 16" in diameter. This means that If I have 1 watt of light, going through a lense , & spreading out into a 16" circle of light, and that shines directly into my Eye, my eye will see 1 milliwatt correct?

^ This is one of the question(s) I had. This question has to do w/ IR Laser Diodes & safety. IR laser diodes are common & found in many electronics including scanners, disk burners, etc. Many of these electronics are sold at radio shack. These are the kinds of question(s) employees at a store like radio shack should be able to answer regardless of gender.

Btw BDII, not "ALL" people from California are stupid. However California just happens to rank #3 on "2012's Dumbest States." ...Minnesota is # 8 on the smartest states rankings:)

Once again, I apologize for my comment(s) on "women should not be allowed to to work at any auto parts stores, or electronic stores." However, I believe in all of the following in Post # 1. I do find whomever posted this thread to be a bit pathetic. This thread serves no purpose, but I guess if this is how he/she gets attention & excites himself/herself than so be it.

-Tyler

#1. Nobody gives a shit about how much you know about eyes, pupils, lasers, or your retarded night vision pedogoggles.

#2. Generalizing (like you already have been doing) based on a state's ranking of intelligence is retarded.

#3. Admit it, you work at radioshack.

#4. After appologizing you then go ahead and make a statement like, "heck, make me feel dumb and let a woman answer it". You, right there, are insinuating that women are dumb, again. You sir, are a tool.

This thread:

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii287/bac52/file-11.jpg

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

No one at Radio Shack is going to be able to answer your question. Why? Because anyone working at Radio Shack wishes they were anywhere but at Radio Shack.

That said, your simple maths is not entirely accurate. You are trivializing aspects of the lens that shouldn't be, and you are ignoring one of the most fundamental concepts of laser emission, time.

So either you don't know what you are talking about, or you are posting a trick question in hopes to confound a "girl" who tries to answer it to point out that you are a prick.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I apologize for my "sexist" comment(s) towards women. The past few weeks have been nothing but chaos. That chaos included obtaining chemicals, mechanical faults, & electrical issues. The majority of people I came in contact w/ were women & were of no help to me (w/ my specific question(s)). Did it give me any right to say "women should NOT be allowed to work at any auto parts stores or electronic stores"? No, it did not. However, I had a deadline & I was getting sick of hearing "umm, let me forward you to...(usually a male)." Sure one could say my question(s) may be more geared towards "guy stuff," but that should not have any impact on what gender can/could answer my "guy stuff" geared question(s) right?:rolleyes: Male or female, employees should have a bit of backround info behind the products they sell so they can be of help to their customers.

For those of you who are wondering what my question(s) consisted of, let me elaborate. I am in the process of completing my EET degree. I had a project due over the course of Winter Break. The project that was designated to me was a DIY night vision device. I will not note all the circumstances, but the important one was safety which brings me to my question. The IR Laser diodes I was dealing w/ had Power ratings of 750 mW +. -That is roughly 150x the mW (Power) rating of a diode on a normal handheld laser. W/ these excessive powers, a diode can/will burn both the rods & cones in your eyes instantly blinding you & the dangerous part about this is they are invisible. I wanted my "DIY night vision device" to go undetected so I chose a nM (nano-meter/wavelength) of approximately 900 which is right outside "visible light 360-810 nM." For those of you who do not know, you can find these Wavelengths/frequencies on the EMS (electromagnetic spectrum).

Maybe someone will be able to answer this. Heck, make me feel dumb & let a woman answer it. Here it is:

Assume I have a laser diode optical output of 1w, & a pupil size of .25" in my eye (Dilated @ Night). If I shined that 1W Laser directly into my eye, I will be blind instantly. However, what If I put that 1w through a lense & disperse it out into a circular area. I should only need to have a large enough circle so that the fraction that would go into my eyes is a safe amount, correct? Area of a Circle = Pie * ®^2, So I can just figure the fraction of the pupil's area to the larger circle's area. I only need an "Eye-Safe Level," which I'll call 1mW. So I have (Diode Power) x (Pie * (.25")^2) / (Pie x r^2) which equals 1mW. Hence, 1000 x (1/16) / (r^2) = 1. Radius = about 8" or 16" in diameter. This means that If I have 1 watt of light, going through a lense , & spreading out into a 16" circle of light, and that shines directly into my Eye, my eye will see 1 milliwatt correct?

^ This is one of the question(s) I had. This question has to do w/ IR Laser Diodes & safety. IR laser diodes are common & found in many electronics including scanners, disk burners, etc. Many of these electronics are sold at radio shack. These are the kinds of question(s) employees at a store like radio shack should be able to answer regardless of gender.

Btw BDII, not "ALL" people from California are stupid. However California just happens to rank #3 on "2012's Dumbest States." ...Minnesota is # 8 on the smartest states rankings:)

Once again, I apologize for my comment(s) on "women should not be allowed to to work at any auto parts stores, or electronic stores." However, I believe in all of the following in Post # 1. I do find whomever posted this thread to be a bit pathetic. This thread serves no purpose, but I guess if this is how he/she gets attention & excites himself/herself than so be it.

-Tyler

it would be awesome if you burned your eyes out, cuz then you would be as "useless" as all women

I apologize for my "sexist" comment(s) towards women. The past few weeks have been nothing but chaos. That chaos included obtaining chemicals, mechanical faults, & electrical issues. The majority of people I came in contact w/ were women & were of no help to me (w/ my specific question(s)). Did it give me any right to say "women should NOT be allowed to work at any auto parts stores or electronic stores"? No, it did not. However, I had a deadline & I was getting sick of hearing "umm, let me forward you to...(usually a male)." Sure one could say my question(s) may be more geared towards "guy stuff," but that should not have any impact on what gender can/could answer my "guy stuff" geared question(s) right?:rolleyes: Male or female, employees should have a bit of background info behind the products they sell so they can be of help to their customers.

-Tyler

Like I said in an earlier post. It goes both ways. There is a couple of women that I know that work in autoparts stores that will run circles around their male counterparts every time. There are a couple of women I work with that can run circles around their boss every time. They just flat out know their shit. In my eyes, they are not being allowed to advance because of their gender and people like you that are afraid of what they might do. However, their dumb ass male counterparts are moving up the corporate ladder because they can metaphorically suck a dick better.

As for your question... If you are going into Radioshack to have this question answered, this is your first and biggest problem. Radioshack has turned from a store that sells electrical components with a cellphone side business to a store now that sells cell phones while trying to get rid of its overstock of electrical components. Every time I walk into a Radioshack, I get pissed off. I'll go in for a selection of resistors, diodes, etc and walk out more frustrated then when I walked in. NO, I DON'T WANT A NEW CELL PHONE! If you want to talk to someone, call Ramsey Electronics. These people know their shit.

I'm not sure who you are more pissed off at here. (the OP of this thread or our new female resident) for calling you out on this and really I don't care. I don't know either one of them and I don't know you. However your comments were out of line and I'm glad someone brought them forward. If you don't think so, then substitute "women" with "black people" and "men" with "white people". How does it sound now? They are both 'isms' in my mind and won't be tolerated. I hope this serves as a lesson for you. That's life, deal with it, and good luck with your project.

Like I said in an earlier post. It goes both ways. There is a couple of women that I know that work in autoparts stores that will run circles around their male counterparts every time. There are a couple of women I work with that can run circles around their boss every time. They just flat out know their shit. In my eyes, they are not being allowed to advance because of their gender and people like you that are afraid of what they might do. However, their dumb ass male counterparts are moving up the corporate ladder because they can metaphorically suck a dick better.

As for your question... If you are going into Radioshack to have this question answered, this is your first and biggest problem. Radioshack has turned from a store that sells electrical components with a cellphone side business to a store now that sells cell phones while trying to get rid of its overstock of electrical components. Every time I walk into a Radioshack, I get pissed off. I'll go in for a selection of resistors, diodes, etc and walk out more frustrated then when I walked in. NO, I DON'T WANT A NEW CELL PHONE! If you want to talk to someone, call Ramsey Electronics. These people know their shit.

I'm not sure who you are more pissed off at here. (the OP of this thread or our new female resident) for calling you out on this and really I don't care. I don't know either one of them and I don't know you. However your comments were out of line and I'm glad someone brought them forward. If you don't think so, then substitute "women" with "black people" and "men" with "white people". How does it sound now? They are both 'isms' in my mind and won't be tolerated. I hope this serves as a lesson for you. That's life, deal with it, and good luck with your project.

Word! lol.

LosAngelesGT: Why should I be banned? For posting my opinion? Also, are you still ignoring the fact that the this thread has NO DIRECT relation to my opinion(s). Here, let me elaborate: When did I ever state that "ALL women are stupid?" Show me the thread. You are blowing things out of proportion, but again whatever gets you your attention & excites you than so be it.

bmx045: The information I posted was for better explanation. Do you think I care what you care about? I did not "generalize" on the intelligence rankings of states. The information I posted concerning Minnesota & California are FACTS & were a response to BDII's post earlier in the thread. If you disagree w/ me, do your research. Btw, it was the "2012 United States Dumbest & Smartest States Rankings. > Search Google.

Bac5.2: Yes, I understand this thread is a trap. I think its sad how people thrive off this kind of stuff, especially when the OP created a thread that had no direct relation to my post(s), but again whatever excites the OP & gets him attention than so be it. -Pathetic.

I do not care. Employees at Radio Shack OR any other similar electronic store should be able to answer my question. Again, a lot of this has to do w/ "employees should have a bit of backround info behind the products they sell so they can be of help/assistance to their customers." Radio Shack sells these kinds of components. Radio Shacks employees should be knowledgeable w/ the question(s) I have/had.

I will not respond back to your PM if you refer to me as a "sh*thead." My "theory" is correct as long as the larger circle's power is identical at every location in the circle. Time is an integral part.

"A 1-second exposure of a 1mW source is the equivalent of a 1/1000s exposure of a 1W source"

I would much rather stare at a 1mW laser for 1 sec, than have a 1W flash in my eye for a ms. For one you would blink if a 1mW laser was shinned in your eye for 1 sec,

and two I believe that over the time of 1 sec, the heat being applied to your eye could be dispersed to some extent.

Yes I understand the presence of "hot spots." One can achieve a very even power distribution across the beam profile while at the same time circularizing the beam is to couple the output into a short piece of single-mode fiber and then use a lens to expand the fiber output. -It can be done.

Why would I try to project a Class 4 Laser directly into my eyes? When did I ever state that was my intention? The "theory" that I posted was nothing but a "theory" & I was just trying to figure out if it applied.

Lardo420: I have no comment on your response. LOL, that was the most pathetic response out of all of them. You have me speechless.

CapnJack: I do not care what Radio Shack has "turned into." Point is, employees at any store should have a bit of backrdound info behind their products so they can be of service to their customers regardless of gender. It just so happens that in general, "men" tend to me more knowledgeable w/ auto parts & electronics than "women." If you disagree w/ me than you are an idiot.

1055: Thank you for your response & yes the OP's character is very poor. He/she created a poll that has no direct relation to my post(s) & yet he/she is trying to direct the poll towards my post(s). The OP blew things out of proportion, but again this is how the OP gets his attention & excites him/herself. -Yes it's pathetic, but unfortunately it is how some people are.

SeasBass107: It appears as a few members of the LegacyGT forum are under the impression that I am "sexist" so why bother trying to defend it thus why I posted "heck make me feel dumb & let a woman answer it."

This should give a few of you something to feed one for a while:) Have fun w/ it!

-Tyler

CapnJack: I do not care what Radio Shack has "turned into." Point is, employees at any store should have a bit of backrdound info behind their products so they can be of service to their customers regardless of gender. It just so happens that in general, "men" tend to me more knowledgeable w/ auto parts & electronics than "women." If you disagree w/ me than you are an idiot.

-Tyler

I would rather be an idiot than a bigot.

Bac5.2: Yes, I understand this thread is a trap. I think its sad how people thrive off this kind of stuff, especially when the OP created a thread that had no direct relation to my post(s), but again whatever excites the OP & gets him attention than so be it. -Pathetic.

This post was created because you are acting like a shithead.

I do not care. Employees at Radio Shack OR any other similar electronic store should be able to answer my question. Again, a lot of this has to do w/ "employees should have a bit of backround info behind the products they sell so they can be of help/assistance to their customers." Radio Shack sells these kinds of components. Radio Shacks employees should be knowledgeable w/ the question(s) I have/had.

You really expect anyone with an understanding of diode emissions and the safety requirements to have a job at Radio Shack to be able to answer the question of ONE person who comes in with a question?

Sorry. People don't go to school for 6 years to learn that stuff, only to get a job making minimum wage at Radio Shack so they can teach fundamentals to someone too stupid to do math or use Google.

I will not respond back to your PM if you refer to me as a "sh*thead."

I told you to not act like a shithead, I didn't call you a shithead. There is a difference.

My "theory" is correct as long as the larger circle's power is identical at every location in the circle. Time is an integral part.

The "theory" you posted, was never stated as being a "theory". It was stated as a realistic question. Now it's a theory?

"A 1-second exposure of a 1mW source is the equivalent of a 1/1000s exposure of a 1W source"

I would much rather stare at a 1mW laser for 1 sec, than have a 1W flash in my eye for a ms. For one you would blink if a 1mW laser was shinned in your eye for 1 sec,

and two I believe that over the time of 1 sec, the heat being applied to your eye could be dispersed to some extent.

Go for it then. Clearly you have a vast mastery of heat transfer and optics, right?

If you shine a light into your eye, where do you think the heat is going to "disperse" to, exactly?

Yes I understand the presence of "hot spots." One can achieve a very even power distribution across the beam profile while at the same time circularizing the beam is to couple the output into a short piece of single-mode fiber and then use a lens to expand the fiber output. -It can be done.

It CAN be done, but you'll find "in theory", that you still get localized pockets of higher intensity. I've yet to find a lens that will provide 100% diffusivity. In fact, I believe that is one of the largest challenges in the optics community. Plus, you are operating on the principal that the output from your laser is perfectly steady, which it won't be. You will still find micro-inhomogeneities in the laser output. That's one of the constricting factors in semi-conductor processing, actually. Work has been done to eliminate those features, but it's still not perfect.

Why would I try to project a Class 4 Laser directly into my eyes? When did I ever state that was my intention? The "theory" that I posted was nothing but a "theory" & I was just trying to figure out if it applied.

You said it was your intention, when you said: " If I shined that 1W Laser directly into my eye".

Kids. :rolleyes: No respect.

This post was created because you are acting like a shithead.

You really expect anyone with an understanding of diode emissions and the safety requirements to have a job at Radio Shack to be able to answer the question of ONE person who comes in with a question?

Sorry. People don't go to school for 6 years to learn that stuff, only to get a job making minimum wage at Radio Shack so they can teach fundamentals to someone too stupid to do math or use Google.

I told you to not act like a shithead, I didn't call you a shithead. There is a difference.

The "theory" you posted, was never stated as being a "theory". It was stated as a realistic question. Now it's a theory?

Go for it then. Clearly you have a vast mastery of heat transfer and optics, right?

If you shine a light into your eye, where do you think the heat is going to "disperse" to, exactly?

It CAN be done, but you'll find "in theory", that you still get localized pockets of higher intensity. I've yet to find a lens that will provide 100% diffusivity. In fact, I believe that is one of the largest challenges in the optics community. Plus, you are operating on the principal that the output from your laser is perfectly steady, which it won't be. You will still find micro-inhomogeneities in the laser output. That's one of the constricting factors in semi-conductor processing, actually. Work has been done to eliminate those features, but it's still not perfect.

You said it was your intention, when you said: " If I shined that 1W Laser directly into my eye".

Kids. :rolleyes: No respect.

You are all acting like shitheads.

Yes. My question basically involved nothing more than simple math & IR laser diodes. Radio Shack SELLS IR laser diodes. Radio Shack employees SHOULD be able to give a bit of info behind the products they sell which INCLUDE IR laser diodes. & yes, the manager was/is quite knowledgeable w/ laser diodes.

I'm not sure where you went to High School, but around here Basic Math is a requirement.

I guess I have shut you up about my understandings of Optics & Diodes & thank you I know damn well it CAN BE DONE. I brought this "theory" up because I did not see any point in paying additional $$$ for protective eyewear that I did not need. I am not sure if you are aware of this, but the higher the Power of a diode, the more expensive the eyewear gets....

-Tyler

What teh phuck does this thread have to do with LASERS?!?!

This has to do with your comments about women. I see no relationship between lasers and women, and you sound like a total geek to me.

My wife's balls are delicious.

did.....

you just.....

say...

BAC is wrong?

heads = rolling

bodies = cold

BAC told me that I could not "achieve" an "equal intensity." Regardless of how difficult it may be, it CAN BE done & he admitted to it. ...Initially, he went off saying it couldn't be done & than I guess he changed his mind...

Guess this "kid" is a bit more intelligent than you think I am:) btw, I am 21-That picture is me & my "high school sweet heart" from my Junior year. Still w/ her btw.

-Tyler

You are all acting like shitheads.

Yes. My question basically involved nothing more than simple math & IR laser diodes. Radio Shack SELLS IR laser diodes. Radio Shack employees SHOULD be able to give a bit of info behind the products they sell which INCLUDE IR laser diodes. & yes, the manager was/is quite knowledgeable w/ laser diodes.

I'm not sure where you went to High School, but around here Basic Math is a requirement.

I guess I have shut you up about my understandings of Optics & Diodes & thank you I know damn well it CAN BE DONE. I brought this "theory" up because I did not see any point in paying additional $$$ for protective eyewear that I did not need. I am not sure if you are aware of this, but the higher the Power of a diode, the more expensive the eyewear gets....

-Tyler

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii287/bac52/ScreenShot2012-01-24at121725PM.png

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii287/bac52/ScreenShot2012-01-24at121725PM.png

Archived