LegacyGT.com

POLL: Are all women stupid?

LosAngelesLGT

Are all women stupid?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Are all women stupid?

• YES!
    • Most of them.
    • This is so freaking sexist my head is going to explode.

What teh phuck does this thread have to do with LASERS?!?!

This has to do with your comments about women. I see no relationship between lasers and women, and you sound like a total geek to me.

Lasers have to do w/ diodes. Diodes have to do w/ merchandise sold at Radio Shack. Radio Shack has to do w/ electronic stores. Electronic stores has to do w/ my "ALL women should not be allowed to work at any auto parts or electronic stores" post.

^Again, I already apologized but I am still standing behind the FACT that in general, "men" tend to be a bit more knowledgeable W/ electronics & auto parts VS women. However, it appears that a few of the LegacyGT members can not get over it.

-Tyler

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Mega Users

A radioshack employee will probably not even be able to decipher the codes on a resistor. That has nothing to do with the worker's gender. It's because Radio Shack. Anyone with a decent working knowledge of electronics would never work there.

Go to best buy and ask a geek squad worker a technical question about computers. Trust me...the guys are equally as stupid as the women there. It's because anyone who knows their shit will not be working there.

But instead of seeing that all of those people are idiots with minimal training, you assume it's because of their gender. This shows that your chauvinist views are clouding the reality that everyone who works in those places is an idiot. Anyone worth a shit at radio shack or best buy will be gone within a few weeks to find a better job.

Women aren't stupid.

Men are stupid.

Women are crazy.

Meh, I work IT and if you're dealing with unknowledgable employees, it's an issue with the employer.

Go to nearly any Best Buy Geek Squad. There will be plenty of guys and girls who have no idea what they're doing.

You are all acting like shitheads.

Yes. My question basically involved nothing more than simple math & IR laser diodes. Radio Shack SELLS IR laser diodes. Radio Shack employees SHOULD be able to give a bit of info behind the products they sell which INCLUDE IR laser diodes. & yes, the manager was/is quite knowledgeable w/ laser diodes.

I'm not sure where you went to High School, but around here Basic Math is a requirement.

I guess I have shut you up about my understandings of Optics & Diodes & thank you I know damn well it CAN BE DONE. I brought this "theory" up because I did not see any point in paying additional $$$ for protective eyewear that I did not need. I am not sure if you are aware of this, but the higher the Power of a diode, the more expensive the eyewear gets....

-Tyler

So what you're saying is that we need to read your boring and sexist posts and post our answers to satisfy your lack of testosterone and overcompensation for the amount of estrogen pumping through your blood stream.

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

A radioshack employee will probably not even be able to decipher the codes on a resistor. That has nothing to do with the worker's gender. It's because Radio Shack. Anyone with a decent working knowledge of electronics would never work there.

Go to best buy and ask a geek squad worker a technical question about computers. Trust me...the guys are equally as stupid as the women there. It's because anyone who knows their shit will not be working there.

But instead of seeing that all of those people are idiots with minimal training, you assume it's because of their gender. This shows that your chauvinist views are clouding the reality that everyone who works in those places is an idiot. Anyone worth a shit at radio shack or best buy will be gone within a few weeks to find a better job.

The employees at the Radio Shack here in town can (excluding 1 employee who just happens to be a female which doesn't surprise me concluding the fact that "men" tend to know a bit more about electronics than women). Yes, Gender plays a part. Why are you excluding ^ fact?

I do not care. Employees SHOULD be knowledgeable W/ the merchandise they sell so they can be of help/assistance to their customers.

No I am not assuming it's because of Gender. I have already noted several times in this thread the words "regardless of gender."

& not if they own them:)

-Tyler

Women aren't stupid.

Men are stupid.

Women are crazy.

Meh, I work IT and if you're dealing with unknowledgable employees, it's an issue with the employer.

Go to nearly any Best Buy Geek Squad. There will be plenty of guys and girls who have no idea what they're doing.

EXACTLY & that is the problem.

BAC told me that I could not "achieve" an "equal intensity." Regardless of how difficult it may be, it CAN BE done & he admitted to it. ...Initially, he went off saying it couldn't be done & than I guess he changed his mind...

Guess this "kid" is a bit more intelligent than you think I am:) btw, I am 21-That picture is me & my "high school sweet heart" from my Junior year. Still w/ her btw.

-Tyler

Not quite, kid.

I never said it COULDN'T be done. I told you that YOU could not do it. I also never used the words "equal intensity".

In fact, in practice on a macroscopic level you CAN get nearly uniform intensity at a cost of several thousand dollars. But in theory, and on the microscopic level, you still get inhomogeneity.

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii287/bac52/ScreenShot2012-01-24at122411PM.png

That's a low intensity beam shot through the best possible diffuser and lens you can reasonably achieve, the resulting surface melting is of an irradiated GaAs surface (with nano accuracy). The artefacts on the image represent the inhomogeneities in intensity, the black bits are areas of higher intensity.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

To clear a few things up:

I apologize for my "sexist" comment(s) towards women. The past few weeks have been nothing but chaos. That chaos included obtaining chemicals, mechanical faults, & electrical issues. The majority of people I came in contact w/ were women & were of no help to me (w/ my specific question(s)). Did it give me any right to say "women should NOT be allowed to work at any auto parts stores or electronic stores"? No, it did not. However, I had a deadline & I was getting sick of hearing "umm, let me forward you to...(usually a male)." Sure one could say my question(s) may be more geared towards "guy stuff," but that should not have any impact on what gender can/could answer my "guy stuff" geared question(s) right?:rolleyes: Male or female, employees should have a bit of backround info behind the products they sell so they can be of help to their customers.

For those of you who are wondering what my question(s) consisted of, let me elaborate. I am in the process of completing my EET degree. I had a project due over the course of Winter Break. The project that was designated to me was a DIY night vision device. I will not note all the circumstances, but the important one was safety which brings me to my question. The IR Laser diodes I was dealing w/ had Power ratings of 750 mW +. -That is roughly 150x the mW (Power) rating of a diode on a normal handheld laser. W/ these excessive powers, a diode can/will burn both the rods & cones in your eyes instantly blinding you & the dangerous part about this is they are invisible. I wanted my "DIY night vision device" to go undetected so I chose a nM (nano-meter/wavelength) of approximately 900 which is right outside "visible light 360-810 nM." For those of you who do not know, you can find these Wavelengths/frequencies on the EMS (electromagnetic spectrum).

Maybe someone will be able to answer this. Heck, make me feel dumb & let a woman answer it. Here it is:

Assume I have a laser diode optical output of 1w, & a pupil size of .25" in my eye (Dilated @ Night). If I shined that 1W Laser directly into my eye, I will be blind instantly. However, what If I put that 1w through a lense & disperse it out into a circular area. I should only need to have a large enough circle so that the fraction that would go into my eyes is a safe amount, correct? Area of a Circle = Pie * ®^2, So I can just figure the fraction of the pupil's area to the larger circle's area. I only need an "Eye-Safe Level," which I'll call 1mW. So I have (Diode Power) x (Pie * (.25")^2) / (Pie x r^2) which equals 1mW. Hence, 1000 x (1/16) / (r^2) = 1. Radius = about 8" or 16" in diameter. This means that If I have 1 watt of light, going through a lense , & spreading out into a 16" circle of light, and that shines directly into my Eye, my eye will see 1 milliwatt correct?

^ This is one of the question(s) I had. This question has to do w/ IR Laser Diodes & safety. IR laser diodes are common & found in many electronics including scanners, disk burners, etc. Many of these electronics are sold at radio shack. These are the kinds of question(s) employees at a store like radio shack should be able to answer regardless of gender.

Btw BDII, not "ALL" people from California are stupid. However California just happens to rank #3 on "2012's Dumbest States." ...Minnesota is # 8 on the smartest states rankings:)

Once again, I apologize for my comment(s) on "women should not be allowed to to work at any auto parts stores, or electronic stores." However, I believe in all of the following in Post # 1. I do find whomever posted this thread to be a bit pathetic. This thread serves no purpose, but I guess if this is how he/she gets attention & excites himself/herself than so be it.

-Tyler

http://i40.tinypic.com/5nrct2.gif

I have no control over drippie.

For those of you who are wondering what my question(s) consisted of...These are the kinds of question(s) employees at a store like radio shack should be able to answer...

...my comment(s) on "women should not be allowed to to work at any auto parts stores, or electronic stores"

No one cares what your questions are and no one paid minimum wage should be able to do more than answer a phone, run a register and show up on time and you both deny and admit your sexism with your rhetoric.

If you are going to quote another member of the LegacyGT forum (or anyone), than quote what he/she actually said. -not something you made up/filled in. LosAngelesGT: Why should I be banned? For posting my opinion? Also, are you still ignoring the fact that the this thread has NO DIRECT relation to my opinion(s). Here, let me elaborate: When did I ever state that "ALL women are stupid?" Show me the thread. You are blowing things out of proportion, but again whatever gets you your attention & excites you than so be it.

100% of the quotes in this thread as yours quoted directly from your OPEN FORUM rhetoric except "my character is pathetic" which was not only obvious to all members, it was histerical.:) Tyler, you are the one who suggested a POLL. You are the one who hates on women in open forum. If you wanted to set the parameters of the poll you would not have waited for someone else to post it and quote you.

Lardo420: I have no comment on your response. LOL, that was the most pathetic response out of all of them. You have me speechless.

CapnJack:If you disagree w/ me than you are an idiot.

Apparently everyone but this douchebag is pathetic or an idiot :iam::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm not sure who you are more pissed off at here. (the OP of this thread or our new female resident) for calling you out on this ...your comments were out of line and I'm glad someone brought them forward. If you don't think so, then substitute "women" with "black people" and "men" with "white people". How does it sound now? They are both 'isms' in my mind and won't be tolerated.

QFT.;)

Not quite, kid.

I never said it COULDN'T be done. I told you that YOU could not do it. I also never used the words "equal intensity".

In fact, in practice on a macroscopic level you CAN get nearly uniform intensity at a cost of several thousand dollars. But in theory, and on the microscopic level, you still get inhomogeneity.

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii287/bac52/ScreenShot2012-01-24at122411PM.png

That's a low intensity beam shot through the best possible diffuser and lens you can reasonably achieve, the resulting surface melting is of an irradiated GaAs surface (with nano accuracy). The artefacts on the image represent the inhomogeneities in intensity, the black bits are areas of higher intensity.

I will be "expanding" the beam. Of course "hazard" will be reduced. -I just wanted to see how much, thus reasoning for my "theory."

I applaud you on your knowledge. There's not too many people out there that can follow me.

No one cares what your questions are and no one paid minimum wage should be able to do more than answer a phone, run a register and show up on time and you both deny and admit your sexism with your rhetoric.

100% of the quotes in this thread as yours quoted directly from your OPEN FORUM rhetoric except "my character is pathetic" which was not only obvious to all members, it was histerical.:) Tyler, you are the one who suggested a POLL. You are the one who hates on women in open forum. If you wanted to set the parameters of the poll you would not have waited for someone else to post it and quote you.

Apparently everyone but this douchebag is pathetic or an idiot :iam::lol::lol::lol::lol:

QFT.;)

Wrong, regardless of wage if you are working at an electronic store, you best be knowledgeable w/ electronics. Same thing w/ an auto parts store & auto parts.

When did I suggest this Poll? You my statements out of proportion by titling the POLL "Are All Women Stupid."

Are you an idiot or just dumb? When Did I say that? If you would have done it right, you should have titled the POLL "What gender is more knowledgeable W/ electronics & auto parts" & I know for a fact the winning results....

There's not too many people out there that can follow me.

Course not. Not very many people are batsh!t insane. ^Thats is going to be MY quote. Maybe I will donate just to make that my sig.

Wrong, regardless of wage if you are working at an electronic store, you best be knowledgeable w/ electronics. Same thing w/ an auto parts store & auto parts.

Whats funny is that by saying things like this only begins to express the volume of ignorance you have over a wider number of subjects than women. Congrats, you don't know anything about retail , management, women or life. What else are you ignorant about? Please keep posting and enlighten us.

So when you are referring to me as "batsh!t insane" you are also referring to yourself as "batsh!t insane" because you can follow me:)

I may be "batsh!t insane" but I am a pretty damn intelligent human being for my age.

:orly:

care to expand on your intelligence so we can all bask in your IQ goodness, spaceman?

• Mega Users
I will be "expanding" the beam. Of course "hazard" will be reduced. -I just wanted to see how much, thus reasoning for my "theory."

There's not too many people out there that can use wikipedia as good as me.

Fixt.

But your approach is terribly incorrect. Operating on the basis of your "theory" is going to find you with a less-but-still-quite-dangerous setup. You will STILL get pockets of high intensity, that's just a side effect of the "expansion" process. Your "theory" is not safe in good practice, and the idea of doing this to prevent buying eye protection is ridiculous. To concoct some half-assed theory to prevent buying safety equipment is just stupid.

There's not too many people out there that can follow me.

Baller, yo.

:rolleyes:

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

^ Ha you really need me to elaborate?

I said "There's not too many people out there that can follow me

Bac Replied "Course not. Not very many people are batsh!t insane.

So Bac is basically saying the people that hold the knowledge that allows them to "follow me" are "batsh!t insane"

...Bac can follow me, therefore according to Bac's Statement, Bac is "Batsh!t Insane"

IQ Goodness? Are you upset that I have a thorough response behind nearly every post in this thread?

So when you are referring to me as "batsh!t insane" you are also referring to yourself as "batsh!t insane" because you can follow me:)

No i don't follow you. You sound like a 120 year old bitter relic from the 19th century that was raised by women that he resents, hates women in general and has never came to terms with his complete lack of tact within social constructs.

I hope you seek the mental help you need before you become a danger to yourself or someone else. This forum is not the only one that thinks so thats why you have been banned elsewhere.

...and BAC doesnt follow you either. he merely understands technical jargon which is completely different than understanding YOU, which none of us do :iam:

^ Ha you really need me to elaborate?

I said "There's not too many people out there that can follow me

Bac Replied "Course not. Not very many people are batsh!t insane.

So Bac is basically saying the people that hold the knowledge that allows them to "follow me" are "batsh!t insane"

...Bac can follow me, therefore according to Bac's Statement, Bac is "Batsh!t Insane"

IQ Goodness? Are you upset that I have a thorough response behind nearly every post in this thread?

I never said anything about being batshit insane.

I wasn't following you. I was correcting you. There is a difference.

LMAO!! I would have joined a "laser" forum if I wanted to hear that shit.. I didnt though, I choose not to be a geek.. I work on Cars.. Hence the CAR forum, and my job at an AUTO parts store. And just because a female working at radioshack doesnt know anything about resistors or diodes or w.e it is you said, doesnt mean that she cant run circles around you in cell phone electronics (example) maybe thats just not her expertise. This threads funny though. :lol:

Archived