LegacyGT.com

Reliability Modifications

I'm also a noob to turbo cars in general. You mention 05 and 06 has catted up-pipe. did they change that part for 07 and beyond? I ask because Im a new 07 lgt owner and want to protect my turbo, everything else as much as possible! Any insight would be helpful!

In the post you quoted:

The pipe leading from the header to the turbocharger is called the up-pipe. In the 2005-2006 Legacies, this pipe has a catalytic converter in it. Over time, this catalytic converter has a habit of breaking down and sending debris into the turbo. The turbo's purpose is to push air back into the engine, so not only does this destroy the turbo, but it can also destroy the engine. This is why the "cat" in the up-pipe was removed for the 2007 model year and forwards.

There are ways to gut the stock up-pipe and remove the debris ahead of time. Alternatively (and probably preferably), you could get an aftermarket up-pipe. Cobb makes one that's $210; other companies will sell you OK ones for $150 and up. It's a simple-looking part, but it can make all the difference.

Also, because the banjo filter has a habit of clogging up and starving the turbo of oil (which also causes turbo and potentially engine destruction), it's best to either remove the banjo filter or install an Infamous Performance oil feed line kit. This kit is $220. Look for m-sprank, he's the main guy at Infamous. He can answer questions and sell you stuff.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
also 07+ have these air pumps on the front left side of the engine nest to the oil filler tube witch indicates there is no cat in the up pipe

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

Archived