LegacyGT.com

Symmetrical AWD Screwed Me Over... Totaled??

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My car does not handle nearly as dangerously as Subaru clearly had intended. should sue.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Words of wisdom op, make sure that battery is still sealed. Leaky, damaged battery can do alot of damage. I've seen two cars that were in the process of being repaired until they realized the damage from the acid.

mine too.. we should file a class action lawsuit against all awd cars

No, he should sue the cable manufacture and the company that installed the it. Because if the cable wasn't there, this damge would not have happened. So obviously, it's all there fault.

I'm also sure the trucking company that shipped the cable from the manufacture to the Power company is also at fault. Hey may he could go after the company that made that truck too.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

It was probably soap on the intercooler that made his AWD fail and caused him to wreck. I've heard that leads to numerous problems.

Turbo spooled when he hit a puddle?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Turbo spooled when he hit a puddle?

Yup, at 12mph.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

No, he should sue the cable manufacture and the company that installed the it. Because if the cable wasn't there, this damge would not have happened. So obviously, it's all there fault.

I'm also sure the trucking company that shipped the cable from the manufacture to the Power company is also at fault. Hey may he could go after the company that made that truck too.

Don't stop there.. Gotta go after the state to. They're the ones who told the other companies to put that damn cable there!

Listen guys, I already apologized for my thread title being out of line, I was just a little PO'd about my car :/. I just want to know if my car looks totaled or not, that's all I'm asking. I know that the accident was the fault of driver error, lifting my foot off the gas in panic.

Thank you all who responded with helpful posts. Very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Listen guys, I already apologized for my thread title being out of line, I was just a little PO'd about my car :/. I just want to know if my car looks totaled or not, that's all I'm asking. I know that the accident was the fault of driver error, lifting my foot off the gas in panic.

Thank you all who responded with helpful posts. Very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Your insurance hasn't told you yet ? It's been a few day's right ?

I would say if those no sub frame damage your good.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

The insurance must put you in the same position you were in before the loss. They cannot replace your car with worse parts then what you had before....that would be illegal and you could make a complaint with the dept of insurance.

I'm an auto insurance adjuster.

Look up the word

Indemnity

Just curious, so you are saying that even though the driver has not informed the insurance company to add the aftermarket parts to the policy, they insurer will still cover those parts and compensate higher? I am not in the insurance biz, but find that hard to believe. Also, I see your other post you mention that it could devalue the car in their eyes, so that would be their way around it also.

Like I said, just curious.

Am I misunderstanding the situation here? Help me out.

Lift off oversteer happens when you let off the throttle and then the car gets unsettled. This is typically in a turn.

What about when the rear end comes unsettled and you are already in the throttle when it happens? Due mainly to crap tires (AFAICT) my car has fishtailed on me before when I accelerated from an intersection. Thus far, I have let off the throttle, stayed out of the brake, and just counter steered back into a straight line. Then back into throttle again.

Am I making a mistake here?

Am I misunderstanding the situation here? Help me out.

Lift off oversteer happens when you let off the throttle and then the car gets unsettled. This is typically in a turn.

What about when the rear end comes unsettled and you are already in the throttle when it happens? Due mainly to crap tires (AFAICT) my car has fishtailed on me before when I accelerated from an intersection. Thus far, I have let off the throttle, stayed out of the brake, and just counter steered back into a straight line. Then back into throttle again.

Am I making a mistake here?

If you have traction and the back end is sliding out, then you are probably going too fast for conditions and/or tires and getting your "drift" on.

Archived