LegacyGT.com

I finally did it (pics)

fbi012

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok I dont see whats wrong with yellow! Black and yellow look great 2gether. I thoug of painting Black (cant see it so whats the point), red (not really nice on a black car) and silver ( not nice on black either).. so I painted it yellow.

It might be the silver wheels that look wierd, but im planning to buy black wheels soon, so it will look better when I do.

just an example how yellow and black look good..

http://img225.echo.cx/img225/3435/img69071ng.th.jpg

they are pretty heavy, im not sure about the 80HP part tho.. lol

What I'm saying is that the reason it looks ricy now is because the car is black, brakes r yellow and wheels r silver, thats a bad combnation. when I buy black 18s, i will repost some pics and Im pretty sure it will look better.

Seriously, are you trying to embarrass yourself?!!! :)

Ferrari & Porsche are All Show and All Go.

2.5i + yellow brakes is All Show and No Go.

well do I care about the go, sure do if I can afford it but since I cant, I'll go with show only. Seriously, all painted calipers r for show, I did not post pics of Ferraris or Porsches to compare them to my 2.5i, I did so to show how yellow looks on a dark car.

I need a hood scoop cover to prevent the automatic car-wash machines from wreaking havoc inside the engine bay. My current solution is a rectangular cardboard box wrapped in a waterproof trash bag that blocks most of the water out.

I was thinking of shaping/carving a piece of foam according to the internal dimensions of the hood scoop with a protroduing thick end that would totally block the entry of water and under the high pressure water would even make a better seal. But I wanted to know if there was an existing or better solution out there?

You know what rice is, right ?

would your h00d-sc00p-cover-intArc00l3r-protectorz gadget be considered rice? :lol:

:) cut him some slack at least he did a good job.

I'm going to do mine red so NAH... :redface:

Yeah I bought Black/Red paint to do this, but I can't decide......maybe I'll do yellow :D

Got any pics of the whole car man?

I can't comment on Ricyness - as I'm a RiceBoy by nature on all counts. ;)

But that's a very nice paint job that you did. +1 for effort!

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

i painted mine - not for the bling, but because they look really awful after a year or two.

i have to do the wife's WRX calipers, but because i waited so long, its gonna be even more work. :mad:

if anybody would like, i could post a pic of her calipers so you know what you have to look forward to if you leave them unpainted......:(

Archived