LegacyGT.com

I finally did it (pics)

fbi012

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Got pics, I'D LOVE TO SEE THEM, and will def help me with my decision.....

Sorry, I not really into this digital camera, posting pictures thing. The red looked real good on the 2000' black. I'm not realy sure I'm as thrilled with red on the 05 black. Looks good but just not... as good. It has to do with the pearl in the black paint.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Sorry, I not really into this digital camera, posting pictures thing. The red looked real good on the 2000' black. I'm not realy sure I'm as thrilled with red on the 05 black. Looks good but just not... as good. It has to do with the pearl in the black paint.

Alll good....black it is :D

Guest *Jedimaster*
I actually painted mine blk/silver. I painted the calipers black and the carriers silver. Here are a couple pics.

That looks nice! Never thought of that- I did mine last weekend in black all over with Silver Subaru lettering.

That looks nice! Never thought of that- I did mine last weekend in black all over with Silver Subaru lettering.

Too bad I'm gonna be getting rid of them......for some STI Brembo's!!! It's the reason I picked up the SDR Rota's, so they could clear the big calipers....

I actually had painted my VW Passat brakes, in yellow, and after doing so, I thought that the brake would look better in 2 subtle colors. I actually got the idea when I was stopped next to a CTS, it had a similar setup, except the caliper was a goldish/brass color and carrier was black!

Oh Yeah, like Patagonian GT said, where are your pics???? I showed you mine, now you show me yours!:lol:

Guest *Jedimaster*
I've been really busy and haven't had time to take pix yet- once I get the car clean, I'll take 'em and post 'em :)

Guest *Jedimaster*
I was thinking about spraying my calipers with flat black BBQ grill paint. That should work, right?

Don't forget the Weber emblem :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Yellow is not my taste. But hey, as they say in Canada to those naysayers- Take off ay!

As far as the Black calipers, they look very nice...The lettering looks like yellow cheese to me though. I would have found a way to stencil those on accurately and make sure they were painted. One NE winter would have it's way with those measley stickers, and if I recall my days at Penn State, winters in PA are no better. Good luck.

I like the silver lettering. I think I'm going to go red with silver lettering. I saw it on the 06 wrx looks good. The red draw your attention to the wheel and the silver ties it in with the rim. I'll look for some pics. How are the letters holding up.

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

The red should be easy. The silver is the hard part. I think I will make a stencil with word then photocopy it on to a clear slide sheet, cut out the letters and design, use rubber cement to attach it to the painted caliper and spray with high temp silver paint.

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

Archived