LegacyGT.com

I finally did it (pics)

fbi012

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just bought the red Duplicolor caliper paint and Duplicolor silver spray at Kragen autoparts $19.08 out the door. While I was there I saw a high temp clear but the can was dented, I'll go back and get some before I paint the logo.

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

speaking of painting calipers... what color would you guys recommend to go w/a silver body? Black maybe?

I am going to mine black, and I have a black wagon. Once I get around to it..I have a few things laying around that need to b installed first. Stainless steel lines, Endless pads, Cobb AP...And now I am buying the Spec B steering wheel now that I know how to install it.

Nice work Mike...Can't wait to see the finished product. Are you going to do the painting yourself?

Yes, I'm going to give it a try. I think I'll paint them all first before I try the stencil. I did find Factory logos, they were available on the Subaru site all high quality stuff so I was pretty hyped about that. The logos are available in JPEG and GIF formats so I should be able to scale them up or down for my application.Are you planning to do your brake lines?

Why haven't you put your AP in yet? I had mine on order but while waiting for it to arrive I decided to wait a few more miles (at least 12k). I want to make sure the engine is sound before tweaking anything and messing something up. Besides, with the money I saved I bought and installed a K&N and Cusco swaybars.

Why haven't you put your AP in yet? I had mine on order but while waiting for it to arrive I decided to wait a few more miles (at least 12k). I want to make sure the engine is sound before tweaking anything and messing something up. Besides, with the money I saved I bought and installed a K&N and Cusco swaybars.

I did get the SS brake lines, Goodridge. I can't stand the pedal travel, so I am going to get rid of the squishy rubber lines.

I have not done my AP yet because I was going to do the lines/pads/fluid first. I figured I would make it stop well before I made it faster. I will probably cave though and install it.

I have a question for you...You mentioned finding logos and making a stencil on the PC. I have been wanting to create a stencil for the STI logo big enough to put on my Intercooler. Do you think you could do that too? It would oviously have to be larger than the brake stencils.

speaking of painting calipers... what color would you guys recommend to go w/a silver body? Black maybe?

You know silver on silver doesn't look too bad. Ive seenalot of silver vehicals with silver calipers.

• 1 year later...

I took some pics of the spec.B the other day, and the angle really showed off the yellow Bilsteins. Yellow might not be a bad color for the calipers...

[pics on other computer, will post later]

On another note, the OBXT already has black calipers, and the spec.B has silver. It might be nice to change that to something with a little more contrast to the stock spec.B rims.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

I took some pics of the spec.B the other day, and the angle really showed off the yellow Bilsteins. Yellow might not be a bad color for the calipers...

[pics on other computer, will post later]

On another note, the OBXT already has black calipers, and the spec.B has silver. It might be nice to change that to something with a little more contrast to the stock spec.B rims.

Pics of the spec.B with yellow Bilsteins and a photochop of what it would look like with yellow calipers:

specBps.jpg.fe4051be9e660924985587c8c834c5a3.jpg

specBpsyellowcaliper.jpg.33c60088aee9c8e4f4ceed6cd8c46f06.jpg

Well, once the rain stops here in the NW, I'll probably clean them and they'll stay clean for a few months.

Pics of the black OBXT calipers and silver 07 spec.B calipers:

297200078_obcaliper.jpg.43bad58d04a99e9a81bf45f54ee47637.jpg

1612816385_spbcaliper.jpg.ddd66cbb4418872b629ce881d23d32c5.jpg

Wow, my first post, here goes.

Yeah, there's more than just the color wrong with this mod.

A. Hopefully the prep of god knows how dirty calipers took the longest.

B. Did you really put the wheels on with the paint still tacky?

C. A 7 year old crotch rocket paint job is a bad motive for doing ANYTHING.

But in the end, it's all about you. Do what you think looks good and don't take anyone's shit personally.

Archived