LegacyGT.com

Redstriker's LGT Journal

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any reason why you started on the hard setting? When I contacted Whiteline they said to start soft and go from there (granted I did front and rear sway bar not just rear).

The reason why I did that so that I wouldn't have to adjust it multiple times in the future. Keep in mind that me and my friend wrestled with the sway bar for about 2 or more hours just trying to get the endlinks into the holes. We were both frustrated and said screw it and just installed it on the hard setting so we wouldn't have to mess with it again.

• 1 month later...
Well, I have to find where the coolant leak is now. It is a slow one, but I can see the level dropping. It looks like it somewhere near the radiator/coolant reservoir. I can see some fresh coolant on the radiator fan and the general area. Any ideas to where the leak is occuring? I have a feeling that I will be needing to take off my front bumper to even see the leak clearly. :mad:

You could always put leak detection dye in it.

Is the car still under warranty?

The car is still under warranty. The only problem is that the closest dealer is 100 miles away from me and I really don't feel like taking another bus trip to go pick up my car.

The car is still under warranty. The only problem is that the closest dealer is 100 miles away from me and I really don't feel like taking another bus trip to go pick up my car.

Ouch, that's rough. They don't give you a loaner car?

I've used similar dyes to diagnose ac leaks successfully. On the plus side, it doesn't sound like the head gasket if you are finding signs of leaking coolant.

Follow all the lines looking for cracked hoses? Overflow tank cracked?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Got my car back from the dealer today. I just have to get used to the clutch again, it feels different. My COBB AP still works and reflashed it back to Stage 1 again just in case.

Final verdict on my car - Thermostat went bad, continued driving with thermostat damage, caused damage to the left head gasket. So they replaced both head gaskets and new thermostat.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived