LegacyGT.com

2011/12 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We just picked up an Overland V8 and love it. The Summit wasn't worth the extra 3k. The only additional features were the adaptive cruise control and blind spot monitoring system, neither of which we wanted. The saddle interior is available on all GCs for 2012, so the Overland seemed to make the most sense.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/new-vehicle-joining-fleet-173617.html

I think you mean Limited, not Laredo Limited? The Laredo is the base model, Laredo X is next, Limited comes after that followed Overland next. There's also the SRT8, but that's a different beast, as you very well know.

I considered a WK SRT8 before my SpecB, but it didn't make sense to me. I would have achieved 9MPG the way I drive. You also can't fit smaller wheels on the SRT to accommodate snow tires because the Brembo brakes are monstrous -- that was a deal breaker for me.

The overland 4x4 starts at 42k and the 4x4 limited starts at 39k.

Honestly, new, that's a little rich for my blood for a Jeep.

We're looking at a 2011 with 15k for $32,000.00 and an overland with 9k for 36k.

Let someone else eat the depreciation :lol:

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

I enjoy mine...milked about 25 mpg out of the hemi on our last long trip. City will eat that right up though. It has it's little quirks but nothing too bad. The most annoying quirk is the KEY NOT DETECTED message and just general fob issues. I've been toying with the idea of trading it for a new sti...I miss my subaru

While I did not own one YET, I will own the 2013 one when it comes out diesel, late in 2012 as a 2013. I drove two JGCs extensively:

May 2011 - I drove a premium, complete with all the sweet commands, Navi, HID, QT2; heated rear seats, reverse mirrors; Selec-Trac etc - rental from Budget Denver, for only about 1300 miles. We did get 25 mpg on the highway and found the V6 acceptable.

June 2011 - I drove Laredo version, which had the same engine but not the same toys. A poor selection of interior amenities did not change my opinion. We managed as much as 27 mpg driving 60 mph (and heavier load 1 extra person) over the next 2200 miles (to Montreal and back).

After these 2 events, Jeep had sold me the car. Figuratively because I want the diesel; the ZF tranny with 8 speeds; the Quadra Lift; the Quadra Drive and the 730 Navi; the adaptive cruise control and blind spots monioring. I hate how jeep packages the options, we realize that we will be dropping 45k on the car but it will be something for the long haul, just like with the Legacy. Milk the car as much as possible. And that ~30/40 mpg sounds mighty fine with enough torque to create a time warp. Plus it is as quick as the V8 (Overland).

I work for a Jeep dealer. I must say this is the highest qulity vehicle I have ever seen in my 16 years with Chrysler. Interior fit and finish is top notch, the body panel gaps are right there, paint is beautiful.

Then there is the drive. I love these. The Durango is sportier even though it is bigger. We got a black Durango RT in with a Hemi, what a great SUV. The handling of the Durango is remarkable with little sacrafice in ride quality, probably due to the slightly longer wheel base.

Go for it, Jeep is going to hold it's value very well. If you do not need the extra power the 3.6L winds up nice and moves that vehicle very well.

IMO.....a Laredo X with leather, nav and sunroof, V6 is the best package for the money.

Oh and guys, don't wait for the 8 speed. It's a ZF unit which scares me.

The 545RFE trans currently used is bullet proof and 5 speeds are plenty.

I enjoy mine...milked about 25 mpg out of the hemi on our last long trip. City will eat that right up though. It has it's little quirks but nothing too bad. The most annoying quirk is the KEY NOT DETECTED message and just general fob issues. I've been toying with the idea of trading it for a new sti...I miss my subaru

Chrysler released a TSB for that depending on the build date of your GC. It involves flashing the wireless ignition module.

I'd go used on a Chrysler too... but only if an '11+ were available.

I think most of us know here that Chrysler made so many improvements across the model range from '10 to '11 that anything before '11 is a bad buy.

I will be buying a '11 Grand Caravan for the wife in '13. But not a '10 no matter what kind of hot price is around.....

i as well work for dodge/chrysler/jeep/ram. the dash will have this weird dip in it after about 15k miles or so. seen it quite a few times so far. it is a huge pain in the ass to change as well. but you'll have a warranty so no worries. they ride well and have decent power. mds is much improved for 11 and the 4wd capabilities are amoung the top in its category. i prefer the durango but it is a good bit bigger. as stated above, the fit and finish has come leaps and f-ing bounds beyond the previous models. and the adaptive front lighting option is absolutely killer. havent been out long enough to give sufficient reliability reports however, i have put a set of rocker arms on a hemi, front struts (due to a factory error) and there are a few recalls out there but overall it seems to be a decent buy.
I'm a native of South Carolina. I am a dying breed.

Anyone on here own one?

Looking to get one for the wife. We're looking at the laredo limited.

All though, I would love to get this or THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you can afford the new SRT8 I would get it. I love mine and its my DD/ In the winter time all you need to do is swap out the tires with a set of winter or get a complete winter set from the tire rack (that includes driving it in the mountains in CO) The interior on the new WK2 are on par with the european models and you have to love the 392cc 6.4 hemi.

I get 14 MPG with mine in the city 16 on the highway (normal driving with some WOT runs in the mix)...so if MPG is important you may want to skip it.

Good luck

• 1 month later...

There is a flash for the wireless control module that will fix that issue.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Mega Users

Man I sure hope that Diesel is coming soon. My little sisters Pentastar V6 just to a dump. One of the cylinder heads needs replacing. 8500 miles on it.

Jesus I just want to believe that Chrysler is making significant improvements on their vehicles but it's stuff like this that makes me think otherwise. Both of my friends with the V8s have had transmission problems. Ughhhh

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

FWIW, Warranty expenses in 2011 were at an all time low. A few glitches are to be expected with a new model launch. I never buy a first year car unless it's been on sale in another market first regardless of the brand.

We've been selling GC's like crazy, only one had an issue with the dual stage oil pump for the VVT. Vendor issue, but still annoying to the consumer. From what I see here at the dealership vehicle quality has improved significantly.

Check this article out; http://wardsauto.com/management-amp-strategy/chrysler-declares-war-customer-dissatisfaction

They ARE working very hard on quality.

Archived