LegacyGT.com

2011/12 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

• Mega Users
FWIW, Warranty expenses in 2011 were at an all time low. A few glitches are to be expected with a new model launch. I never buy a first year car unless it's been on sale in another market first regardless of the brand.

We've been selling GC's like crazy, only one had an issue with the dual stage oil pump for the VVT. Vendor issue, but still annoying to the consumer. From what I see here at the dealership vehicle quality has improved significantly.

Check this article out; http://wardsauto.com/management-amp-strategy/chrysler-declares-war-customer-dissatisfaction

They ARE working very hard on quality.

Thanks GT. I told her to keep the car until warranty expires and then trade it in for a new one.

That Pentastar V6 got such good reviews. :confused:

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • Mega Users
It is a good motor, but only time will tell long term reliability. It was co-developed with Mercedes, we just introduced it first.

I think the motor has to be reliable and efficient to be a good motor....

More bad news. Sisters 2011 is back in the shop with sticky transmission issues:eek:.

GTTuner, your thoughts?

every time I see a 2012 overland I pee a little bit.

I want to wait to see if the diesel or the refresh gets better MPG. If they release a 6cyl gas with the 8 speed auto, with decent power, that gets 30+ mpg highway I'll pick one up.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

I think the motor has to be reliable and efficient to be a good motor....

More bad news. Sisters 2011 is back in the shop with sticky transmission issues:eek:.

GTTuner, your thoughts?

Tranny? Geez, that is the ZF box we got from Benz a way back. Those are decent trannys too. The older SRT-8's used them.

we've got a durango in currently the trans is muffed up. we are putting a new unit it now. crazy thing is, they already have remans available from mopar.
I'm a native of South Carolina. I am a dying breed.

we've got a durango in currently the trans is muffed up. we are putting a new unit it now. crazy thing is, they already have remans available from mopar.

It might be a new unit in a reman box. If the part number starts with "RL" it's a new unit put into circulation to get some cores back.

• Mega Users
Tranny? Geez, that is the ZF box we got from Benz a way back. Those are decent trannys too. The older SRT-8's used them.

I had no idea that the 5 speeds were the ZF boxes. I previsouly criticized the integrity of the new jeep's transmission on the premise of the earlier grand cherokee models. This is a new gearbox? When did ZF start making the 5 speeds?

Awaiting a txt to see what the verdict of the tranny was.

GT, any news on the diesel? Also, what are you thought on the air suspension? Since its Jeeps first one, wait a while for the initial kinks to be worked out?

The ZF (AKA as the NAG-1 or W5A580) gear box was introduced in the 2005 LX cars. The SRT-8's use a version of this trans, pretty bullet proof. The only problems I have seen are early LX cars could allow water entry thru the dipstick seal (early models) and some shift solenoid packs that failed, but overall it has been a great trans in terms of reliability.

No news on any diesels, the public knows more about this stuff than the dealers do, LOL!

connector for the solenoids leaked like crazy. no biggie. nags seem to hold up just fine. i had an 08 srt cherokee come in the other day that had some software reprogramming and that thing slams into gear. even w/ casual speeds.
I'm a native of South Carolina. I am a dying breed.

• 4 months later...
  • Mega Users
The overland 4x4 starts at 42k and the 4x4 limited starts at 39k.

Honestly, new, that's a little rich for my blood for a Jeep.

We're looking at a 2011 with 15k for $32,000.00 and an overland with 9k for 36k.

Let someone else eat the depreciation :lol:

Bump for a sick car.

You can get Overlands for around 32k now. I letting someone eat the depreciation as well, I will probably pick one up mid to end of next year, hopefully with around 60k on it. Lux trucks are just so damn expensive and the dont friggin depreciate.

5.7 liter is obvious the only way to go.

• Mega Users

I dont have 50k to spend on a car. I have kids that I don't have and a house that I don't have, yet.

Of course I want all the bells and whistles. I bet you could get a base model CDI for around 38-40k. 2014 is right around the corner.

Archived