LegacyGT.com

2011/12 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ever driven a truck with a 7000+ tow package while not towing?

My father inlaw has a 2012 F250 with the towing package. It's floaty

/lastword

I dd a silverado that is rated to tow 9klbs. I enjoy it, the suspension does have some travel to it no doubt but that travel comes in handy during hunting season when we offroad.

6000lbs isn't very much. A dodge durango from 1998 with the v8 can tow 7k with the tow package. Why doesn't chrysler tell cummings to make them a new diesel for there smaller SUVs?

Probably because Cummings doesn't make engines.

http://www.cummings.com

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe you're thinking of these guys:

http://www.cummins.com/cmi/

Ever driven a truck with a 7000+ tow package while not towing?

My father inlaw has a 2012 F250 with the towing package. It's floaty

/lastword

Yep everyday. The Tundra can tow a bit over 11K. It is not floaty so much as stiff. Really stiff.

Rides much better with a load on.

damn!

on a side note, I won my any doe permit in the lottery today :wub:

We use 4wheelers to drag em out. Unless it's bambi. Then we strap her to the front rack :lol:

/lastword

I didn't get tags for antelope, nor Black Hills deer, nor elk this year. I did get tags for prairie deer, and I'm sure I'll draw a mountain lion tag again this winter. I might go down to Nebraska to hunt deer this year too, I have a friend who's family has 11,000 acres we can hunt on.

Is the Tundra Rock Warrior any good?

The only thing the "Rock Warrior" has that is worth a shit are the 17" forged alloy wheels. Everything else is appearance package nonsense.

Honestly even though the wheels are cool, unless you are really bashing the hell out of things the regular cast 18" alloys are just fine. Avoid the 20" wheels if you can for off-roading, since the extra tire sidewall is desirable.

• Mega Users

So I had to replace my sisters mirrors on her 2011 WK2. Someone smashed them outside of her apartment at school, for the second time.:mad: And it's not just her car, but several others in the parking lot. Stupid college kids, I'm sure karma will come back and bite them in the ass.

The dealership replaced them the first time. $250 a mirror (but the first time was just the drivers side), and $100 for labor to replace (each mirror). This time it was going to be a $700+ tab as both needed replacement, so I told her I would put them on, and save her the $200 in labor.

I have experience installing car audio systems, so I'm comfortable removing interior door panels. You have to do this on the Jeep to remove a tweeter speaker/window molding that covers the bolts that fasten the mirror on the car :deep breath:. As soon as I start working my way around the driver's interior panel (the side that was already removed at the dealer for the first mirror replacement), I noticed that several of the plastic interior fasteners had been broken from the previous removal, and the panel was a little loose. I proceeded with the the removal of the panel with as much caution as I could. I replaced the mirror, and worked my way around the panel lining up the fasteners and popping them in. A couple more fasteners stripped, broke, whatever you want to call it while pushing/popping them into place. Now the panel is loose as hell, and he had to use duct tape to secure it on until she gets the fasteners replaced at the dealer. The passenger side replacement went very perfectly fine, as the panel had never been popped out before.

I've removed my door panels 3 or 4 times on my subaru now, and I've never had a single fastener break :confused:. She drove to the dealer today to get them fixed under warranty.

Cheap American parts, allllll to familiar.

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

Archived