LegacyGT.com

2011/12 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

Before i left jeep in june, we had one that came in with 76k miles on it, i couldnt believe how solid it still felt.

Yes, it's nice to see a US automaker really step up to the plate with quality.

Where did you end up going to? Please don't say Toyota! :lol:

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have to interject here. I have been seeing the new Grand Cherokee coming in with some miles on them now. I drove one with almost 50,000 miles on it. Original brakes, get this......NO PULSATION OMG< IS THIS A JEEP!!!!!! Seriously, I am impressed with the quality on these vehicles. If they hadn't screwed up the machine work on the left cyl head this vehicle would have has an almost perfect launch.

High mileage on a vehicle running a lot of highways miles (which you would about have to for that kind of odometer reading) are not a real good test of durability.

We have a local driveline shop that uses one as their sales ladies vehicle. 31k worth of hard earned miles. Still in great shape. Just got new tires due to curbing.

I'm really more so interested in the 13 ram. It will have available air ride. The trucks are already pretty freaking comfortable. I guess we'll see.

I'm a native of South Carolina. I am a dying breed.

It has always been my experience with dodge trucks I have owned, driven and ridden in that they almost always need front end work and brake work.

As for the 2013 ram with air ride I know dodge used to offer a air leveling kit which was more for keeping the vehicle level when loaded. Most of us around here have seen what happens to air bags in cold climates, it is the reason they sell conversion kits for almost any vehicle which came with air ride to convert to coil.

High mileage on a vehicle running a lot of highways miles (which you would about have to for that kind of odometer reading) are not a real good test of durability.[/QUOT

I disagree. This truck has hard miles on it, construction sites, etc. I've been around long enough to see this IS a big improvement.

If I had a dollar for every junk rotor that GM and Chrysler put on a vehicle in the last decade, I would never have to work again. Glad to hear someone at Chrysler paid more attention to rotor quality on the new Grand Cherokee.

What is the deal with the left cylinder head on the Pentastar 3.6? Has this been corrected?

Yes, they fired the poor Mexican dude who was running the CNC valve seat cutting machine. ;)

It was a machining issue. Has been corrected.

High mileage on a vehicle running a lot of highways miles (which you would about have to for that kind of odometer reading) are not a real good test of durability.

yup

My co-worker has a 2008 f-150, 86k miles. Just did front brakes for the first time and will need tires for inspection.

Yes, they fired the poor Mexican dude who was running the CNC valve seat cutting machine. ;)

It was a machining issue. Has been corrected.

what did the recall involve?

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

No recall. Tsb only.

The issue was vehicles being driven 'hard' before heating up. The coolant circulation was causing issues in the left head before the thermostat opened. When i left chrysler in june, there still was no fix for it. They blamed machining, but were replacing shit heads with the same heads.

As far as myself and my chrysler buddies know, the issue is being resolved with a supposed different way of handling engine warm up and coolant routing through the left head.

• 1 year later...

Archived