LegacyGT.com

2011/12 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

• Mega Users

I did a pretty thorough inspection of my sisters yesterday. I can say that I wasn't very impressed on the quality of the interior materials aside from the leather. The plastics are cheap. And even the plastic chrome trim on the outside of the car seemed slightly flimsy and cheap.

Oh well.

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Mega Users
it is an American car. Did you expect better?

marginally, yes. When comparing it to the new Tahoe and Explorers interiors, I did expect it to be on par.

Specifically the plastic being thicker and less flimsy.

Best interior in class? :rolleyes:

Maybe best looking. "best" is very vague.

Not that I agree, just saying.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3f_3GLA8hY]2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee "Luxury for All" Commercial - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcKGMLwCmdQ]2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee "Sandbox" Commercial - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7Rxk6PhNWg]2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee "More than Respect" Commercial - YouTube[/ame]

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Just an educated guess based on competitive vehicles in that price range, namely the VW Toureg TDI which weighs around the same, is roughly the same size, and also has an 8 speed auto.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Jeep diesel (if ever offered) squarely bracket the VW numbers within 5% of every figure.

A bit lighter, and a bit smaller hole being punched in the air, plus no additional friction drag of AWD components.

Also bet you that the final EPA numbers won't show over 30mpg highway for a Hemi hooked up to an 8 speed. Maybe mid to high 20's on the highway.

• Mega Users
(if ever offered)

I'm starting to think the same thing. Based on the slim Liberty CRD sales in 05-06, heavy state regulation on diesel emissions, and the new pentastar V6, I'm thinking there is a reason why the expected release was bumped out to 2014.

The diesel option in the liberty flopped because the liberty is a POS.

The GC is selling like hotcakes up here in NE. The older diesel didn't really offer much over the gas anyway. It only achieved 3 more MPGs and more torque.

When you're talking 300whp/400+trq and 28+ mpg you're looking at a recipe for success. People who tow and need an SUV will be scrambling to get one.

• I Donated Too
Specifically the plastic being thicker and less flimsy.

Best interior in class? :rolleyes:

Maybe best looking. "best" is very vague.

sat in one of them at the Philly Auto Show. I dug the leather a lot and the fit n finish seemed nice for a Jeep. However, was disappointed with how claustrophobic it seemed in the driver's seat. The Hyundai Vera Cruz destroyed it in terms of interior quality and room believe it or not.:eek:

• Mega Users
When you're talking 300whp/400+trq and 28+ mpg you're looking at a recipe for success. People who tow and need an SUV will be scrambling to get one.

I agree. When I purchase a boat within the next 3 years, you're damn right this will be on my radar, along with an RRS.

The diesel option in the liberty flopped because the liberty is a POS.

You are entitled to your opinion. If the Liberty was such a POS during the 2005-2006 years that they produced the CRDs, they wouldn't have sold the most Liberty's ever during those years. The US just doesn't have enough demand for the diesels, so at the time were not enough Liberty CRDs sold to justify the existance of the option. I'm thinking this is an reoccuring concern with the WK2.

The diesel option in the Liberty also flopped because the states where large percentage of Jeeps were sold per there size, banned sales of the CRD in their states because of emissions standards. (ME, VT, MA, NY, CA). I'm sure this will not be an issue with the new diesel.

• Mega Users
sat in one of them at the Philly Auto Show. I dug the leather a lot and the fit n finish seemed nice for a Jeep. However, was disappointed with how claustrophobic it seemed in the driver's seat. The Hyundai Vera Cruz destroyed it in terms of interior quality and room believe it or not.:eek:

Hyundai crushes. A very sick car company.

I agree. When I purchase a boat within the next 3 years, you're damn right this will be on my radar, along with an RRS.

You are entitled to your opinion. If the Liberty was such a POS during the 2005-2006 years that they produced the CRDs, they wouldn't have sold the most Liberty's ever during those years. The US just doesn't have enough demand for the diesels, so at the time were not enough Liberty CRDs sold to justify the existance of the option. I'm thinking this is an reoccuring concern with the WK2.

The diesel option in the Liberty also flopped because the states where large percentage of Jeeps were sold per there size, banned sales of the CRD in their states because of emissions standards. (ME, VT, MA, NY, CA). I'm sure this will not be an issue with the new diesel.

There's a difference between "best sales" and "high sales"

It's never been a strong contender.

Not going to get there with a 3.0L V6 diesel at least not the hp number. Not even close. It would need compound turbocharging ($$$$$$$) and a lot of expertise that Fiat doesn't have and Chrysler doesn't have.

The leaders in diesel passenger vehicle power and innovation are Mercedes-Benz, BMW, and VW. Their 3.0L 6's in diesel form are nearly all in the 225-240hp range, except for BMW who uses complex and expensive compound turbocharging on some models. Mercedes Benz and VW get more power by offering V8 diesels.

Archived