LegacyGT.com

BRZ video

DeathD

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0-60 should be around 6 seconds and that is similar to WRX or even my legacy 3.0R. Not very impressive numbers for such a sporty car and there isn't any aftermarket support for this car. I wonder which demographics are Subaru trying to target with this car.

If the car has a bit more power, I might serious consider getting the car but now the car has lost its appeal to me. :(

My whole main point is that all of a sudden you're all butthurt about the power now even though its what it was announced to have since the beginning.

That's right. It's been slow from the beginning.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

People also have to realize this is a niche car for Subaru. They won't sell that many of

them anyway you look at it. Even if it came with a turbo. Most Subaru guys will not let

their AWD grip go because most like the secure feeling. Those who are pretty much

Subaru or AWD people will have an uneasy feeling when stepping down into these. I can

sense some of these wrapped around trees or telephone poles. If the handling is what

they claim it to be, I see why it wouldn't be a good car.

There are plenty of all motor Hondas that can put a whopping on a decent amount of

cars on the road. I am not saying there are many as there are too many

wannabe tuners out there, but well built ones are very quick. And this is coming from a

non-Honda guy.

Anything weighing under 3000lbs (kinda sad) is considered light these days.

With less weight means less power needed to get it going. With motor work

and tuning, the BRZ could be a great weekend and track/autox car. This is a

momentum car and will teach the driver, just like any underpowered car. Hell,

a Toyota Camry V6 would easily pull away at the stop light. If being able to

pull away faster than the car next to you puts a grin on your face, then this

car is not for you. And with a decent aftermarket and factory backing (TRD/Sti),

the performance parts support should be there.

I am not saying you can make this car into a monster, but rather a well rounded car.

A lot of people won't understand it. There will always be haters. I remember

when the E9x M3 came out and everyone ripped on it. When they finally

drove it, they were blown away.

This will become a cult status car in the future.

1) For the love of everything, let the board format your text for you. You don't need to push enter when you get to the end of the text-entry box.

2) There are loads of quick all-motor Hondas. What mods are you going to do to a direct-injected, 2.0L, N/A engine that already makes 100hp/L? None. You aren't going to do anything to get any more power. Maybe 5-10hp? Maybe? Look at EVERY N/A build on any Subaru board out there. The most built N/A cars, are still slower than their turbo counterparts.

3) I'm not a hater at all. It'll probably be brilliant in every other aspect, but it will be slow. For me, I have no interest in buying a slow sports car. That holds no appeal to me, at all. Why? Because I'm going to drive it every day. And I am not at all amused by the fact that the only time the car will be entertaining is on-ramps and off-ramps and the occasional twisty road, if I can find one.

The last thing I'll do, is spend $27k (or $24k if you want the lame base version) on a car I can only justify for Auto-X events. I can get a hell of a better Auto-X car for a LOT less money. A swapped early 90's Impreza can make 300+whp and weigh 2800lb. Or an Elise. I'd get an Elise over the BRZ. One main reason. The Elise can make 300whp relatively easily, and very reliably.

Ask yourselves. Are you really going to stick to this "low power, light weight" mantra if a 300hp STi version is announced?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

0-60 should be around 6 seconds and that is similar to WRX or even my legacy 3.0R. Not very impressive numbers for such a sporty car and there isn't any aftermarket support for this car. I wonder which demographics are Subaru trying to target with this car.

If the car has a bit more power, I might serious consider getting the car but now the car has lost its appeal to me. :(

my dear friend,

this car BRZ is not designed to compete 0-60, you should look back a couple pages.. 2012 Subaru WRX Sti S206 is your choice

again, BRZ is a drifter, as the 86 legend goes

That's right. It's been slow from the beginning.

200hp isn't slow, not fast, and not slow. And I'll reiterate, tell me when was it ever officially said that it would have anything considerably over 200hp.

Ask yourselves. Are you really going to stick to this "low power, light weight" mantra if a 300hp STi version is announced?

I don't disagree that more power would be nice, besides who knows there may be a TRD or STi version in a year or so but that is going to cost 30k+, not the low 20s this car starts at and again was said to cost since the beginning.

The last thing I'll do, is spend $27k (or $24k if you want the lame base version)

24k lame version = version w/o the unnecessary crap that just adds weight. I don't see anything listed for the 27k model that adds anything to actually improve performance. And since it seams the Subaru version comes w/ Nav even in the base model the Scion version will be even cheaper w/o Nav.

It's going to have the power:weight of a stock LGT. That's slow. It was always going to have that kind of power, so it was always going to be slow.

If it had 250hp, it would have been more interesting. With 200hp, I'm not interested at all. If I wanted a slow sports car, I'd get an S2k or Miata.

Some of us need to keep in mind that their overall goal here is to sell to the masses, not us as tuners or enthusiasts or whatever you want to call us.

If it were up to us every new car would be awd + 400 hp + stock with R compound tires... And you know what? Most of us couldn't afford it when they made one that way.

I would have expected more from this if it were just a subaru product. Looking at this from toyotas standpoint, a 200 hp rwd sporty car is great for them. S2000 gone, rx8 gone, so now they're a step above honda and mazda (although i guess a miata could kind of sort of be in the same category... ish...

I did hope, and still believe that an STI version will come from subaru. While probably not awd... there are TONS of amazing handling rwd platforms out there. I'm sure any one of us would love to get a 300 hp version of this thing on a track. Nobody has said for sure it won't come, and hasn't subaru always released a base model - tested the waters - and THEN released their STI version?

Haters gonna hate.

I haven't read the entire thread, but some of these "it's slow and underpowered" arguments don't make any sense to me. Especially coming from people who say "that's too slow for me" when they are currently driving a Legacy.

Legacy GT (3500 lb)

139 HP/Ton

138 LB-FT/Ton

BRZ (2700 lb)

148 HP/Ton

111 LB-FT/Ton

Looking at those numbers... I don't see what you are complaining about. Yes, it's a bit down on Torque, but it's actually more powerful in terms of HP... and this is in comparison to what most people consider an EXTREMELY FAST sedan. And remember in this case all the power goes to the rear - so there is not as much drivetrain loss. AND the fact that the lower weight means the car WILL be a LOT more fun in the twisties... I don't see how you can really complain that much. A 0-60 time of 6.2 was estimated by MT on their short test drive, and while NOT mind-bendingly fast, it's not terrible either.

I Posted this in other thread. So copy\paste :)

I'll still keep my 07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, 5MT, convertible. Weight to Power is 10.2 with GM Performance tune & 11.4 stock tune. With near 50/50 weight distribution. And paid less then 27k. I was thinking of trading in my GXP for the BRZ. But not for this one. I feel I'll be down grading in over all package. But will take another look at the BRZ , if & when it comes with a turbo charged motor.

Mike

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

I haven't read the entire thread, but some of these "it's slow and underpowered" arguments don't make any sense to me. Especially coming from people who say "that's too slow for me" when they are currently driving a Legacy.

Legacy GT (3500 lb)

139 HP/Ton

138 LB-FT/Ton

BRZ (2700 lb)

148 HP/Ton

111 LB-FT/Ton

Looking at those numbers... I don't see what you are complaining about. Yes, it's a bit down on Torque, but it's actually more powerful in terms of HP... and this is in comparison to what most people consider an EXTREMELY FAST sedan. And remember in this case all the power goes to the rear - so there is not as much drivetrain loss. AND the fact that the lower weight means the car WILL be a LOT more fun in the twisties... I don't see how you can really complain that much. A 0-60 time of 6.2 was estimated by MT on their short test drive, and while NOT mind-bendingly fast, it's not terrible either.

1) I dont think a Legacy GT weighs 3500lb.

2) the BRZ will weigh 2800lb.

3) a stock Legacy GT is not "extremely fast". Stock LGT's are "quick" by the generous definition.

Why does everyone have a problem with me not being interested in the car? It is going to be slow. Sure, it might handle great, but thats not enough to sell me for a car I'll drive daily. If I'm buying a Sports car, I want it to be fast. Straight line and otherwise.

Personally, I'll hold out for an STi go-fast version if I even consider one at all. As it stands, a used Elise or building a Factory Five 818 is looking like a much better option.

my dear friend,

this car BRZ is not designed to compete 0-60, you should look back a couple pages.. 2012 Subaru WRX Sti S206 is your choice

again, BRZ is a drifter, as the 86 legend goes

I guess people will pay about $30,000 out the door to just drift the car on the weekends? I don't suppose we are allowed to drift the cars on the highway.

It is just way too impractical and pointless. It is a sports car, it is suppose to go FAST. If I bought a cool looking sports car, I want it to go fast and handle well. In addition, any cars can be tuned to do drifting, we do not need to spend $30,000 for a brand new car to drift. I would rather buy an E30 and drift it.

with 30k, you can buy a WRX and mod the shit out of it.. there you go, your "fast" car. This BRZ isn't like that ... but you have your point, i have mine

we are one happy family

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb254/Kelli-evo_2007/group_hug-1.gif

It's a budget sports car. It will go fast around corners and okay in straight line. If you want fast in both - buy a 911 for a lot more.

370Z is pretty similar to it and is much faster. Cannot really comment on the handling front, since I have yet to drive BRZ.

370Z is pretty similar to it and is much faster. Cannot really comment on the handling front, since I have yet to drive BRZ.

370Z is similar how? It weighs ~500lbs more, has 2 more cylinders, 130 more hp, and is usually compared to Mustangs :confused:

370Z is similar how? It weighs ~500lbs more, has 2 more cylinders, 130 more hp, and is usually compared to Mustangs :confused:

A coupe, RWD, designed to be sporty. I assume thats similar to BRZ. Not sure how it is compared to Mustangs though, since Mustangs are muscle car while 370Z isn't a muscle car.

Archived