LegacyGT.com

BRZ video

DeathD

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just sat in a FR-S today. Scion had one in front of House of Blues in Boston tonight.

Nice. It's not that small as they say. Right size. Comfortable seats. In fact almost too tight for my 210 lbs. 5'11" frame. Seat goes low so plenty of room for helmet. It seemed like the telescoping column does not come out far enough, but then I did not spend too much time fitting myself in. Felt like Suby inside (in a good way, like 05-09 Legacy). Shifter seemed short and crisp.

Overall a very positive impression. Hope I'll be able to test drive one some day.

"Its what makes a subaru a subaru"

hence a car built as colab, with subaru and toyota, without awd is not a subaru. its a toyota with an odd symbol on it

and if you need some more examples just head to youtube

This is American marketing. Subaru never stopped making FWD car for it's home market and the rest of the world. Subaru even makes cars with inline engines.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I own a FWD subaru...

I have owned two four-wheel-drive subarus that had OHV engines. Oh and one FWD Subaru with a turbo OHC engine too.

All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

Sat in the FR-S, impressed how roomy it was, yet the over size was small. I'm sure the car would be pretty fun to drive through the back roads that twist, but honestly they should have made it turbo...large brakes, I mean if you make it seem so sporty and quick, back it up.

For the price tag, I'd much rather have a slighty used new gen STI or a 2012 brand new WRX.

• 2 weeks later...
Meanwhile near my garage:

http://i.imgur.com/0ET9o.jpg

can you give us feedback on the driving differences you felt w/ the Spec B and the BRZ. I'm currently looking to let go of my FXT and looking at a spec B or a BRZ. Thanks.

^Stock spec.b is a fairly quiet rolling couch with numb steering feel, mushy brakes and brisk acceleration. BRZ is none of those. I would not be cross-shopping those, but if you explain what it is you're looking for I might be more helpful.

• 3 weeks later...

Was really surprised at how anemic the acceleration looked in those VIR straight-stretch moments, (LGT would have been well up over 120-30 well before they hit 100) and while the turns seemed pretty crisp, acceleration out of the turn did not.

That said, these are still an amazing cars. Talking to the wife about getting her one. Somewhat practical, but a whole lot of fun. Don't think it would be much of a long-distance cruiser though.

dmanaenk -Your thoughts on the long-distance part, now that you've spent some time with yours?

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Still don't understand why I can't hazturbo :spin:

Can't see the argument for not offering a turbo from the get go.....it's not like it would upset their precious weight distribution they obsessed over, or overwhelm the underwhelming car. WTF!? :iam:

The 2002 Acura RSX-S (one of my prior cars, which I looooooved), was a 2.0 liter 4 producing 200hp. Now, 10 years and a direct injection system later, Subaru is producing...the same frigging power. Way to go Subaru! :rolleyes:

I honestly think it doesn't need the turbo. As it is now - it's nice and precise to every possible driver input. One can modulate the torque at the wheels very delicately. Adding any kind of turbo lag would make it less responsive to throttle inputs.

But race car.

Even with no turbo, they should have been able to get close to honda s2000 numbers while NA.

I think they could have, but chose not too. Shaving $10,000 and 600-1400 RPM off of the redline with more useable power in the lower areas of the power band definitely widens the appeal of the car and makes it more accessible. That being said. Who knows if later there will be a more potent BRZ.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived