LegacyGT.com

BRZ video

DeathD

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why isn't anybody talking about the lousy tires that are on the BRZ/FRS? BMW X1 tires just won't cut it. Subaru needs to get with the program and drop these Audi A6 tires. They ought to replace these awful Mercedes E-Class tires with something better. Seriously, these Lexus GS430 tires are absolute shit.

The tires are a cause for complaint by the magazines here - they want stickier tires.

Only downside with that is that they won't last as long.

453747.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Saw my first one last night. Rolled up beside me and decided he wanted to go around.... un uh... :lol:

I saw my first BRZ at a grocery market. I couldn't see the driver but all I could do was laugh because I thought I saw a grandma in the driver's seat.

I love the BRZ, We got the limited, Black on Black, Hadn't tromped it yet, only have 200 Miles on it, feels nice, handles like a go-cart, goes where ever you put it, funny spinning the tires by accident!!LOL, The LGTL rides nicer.

Mac

handles like a go-cart, goes where ever you put it,

That feeling goes away after 1k miles. You get used to it and start feeling the body roll, etc.

Get into an LGT after that and it will feel like a boat. And after that get into an old Caddy - and you'll be genuinely scared, lol.

So true, I remember we had to rent a car for a funeral in NYC, wasn't about to take the Leg down there, bumps, driving style etc... We got some rubber band CVT Nissan,, mid 30's on highway, trans was disgusting, Got back into the Legacy, WOW, felt like a new car! Besides, just living in the New car bliss for a bit AND I don't have to touch it!. . .for now...

Mac

• 3 weeks later...
If this is true, I can foresee a lot of N|A BRZ's for sale on dealer's lot. From massive trade-ins:rolleyes:. This 1 of 2 thing the sales Rep. was talking about 3 month ago. He said, He couldn't keep a BRZ on the lot. I said, So this one is sold, ;) he said nope, just got it in:spin::spin::spin:. 3mos. later, went in for NYSI. Isn't that the same BRZ that I looked at 3mos. ago, Yap, all my WRX & STi customers told him that they heard that Subaru was releasing a force induction BRZ in 2014 & rumors of a convertible in the pipeline. He joke, that he can even give the N|A BRZ away now. I :lol::lol::lol: & offered a even up trade for my 07 roadster. He :rolleyes::lol: & said 1\2 price is stealing it, "giving it away" is breaking even. I :lol: and told him that you have my # if you changes your mind.

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

There were NA Supras and Turbo Supras, NA RX7s and Turbo RX7. So theoretically it's feasible.

That said - these turbo BRZ rumors are circling around since the car started selling and nothing official. I'll believe it when I see it.

Also critical - price point.

^If you want fuel efficiency with your lead foot - I'd stay with N/A ;)

I'd imagine the DI t/s turbo 2.0 will be relatively fuel efficient. Look at the new Impreza. It gets pretty good gas mileage even with awd. Considering the BRZ is smaller, lighter, RWD only, and more slippery, I'd think a turbo version would do pretty well by the EPA.

Archived