LegacyGT.com

BRZ video

DeathD

^ Hard fitting kids in it I would imagine. Think my "grandma" wife would have a blast in it. She's a gear-jammer and enjoys it a lot.

6AT or 6MT for you?

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we bought a Wrangler (3rd vehicle once we get the BRZ) and 300C SRT8 (for me). This is a "fun" car for my 40-something wife. Mach V Dan graciously let her drive his BRZ and now she wants one. Despite saying the manual was very nice, she wanted a 6AT. We've only got one little one...she'll do fine in the back since nobody will be in the front seat. :)

I *can*drive it but its certainly too small for me at 6'1" for an everyday car, anyways.

dmanaenk - Any comment on how is it for longer distances? With the new grandson, my wife is going to want something she can drive 800 miles or so roundtrip.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I *can*drive it but its certainly too small for me at 6'1" for an everyday car, anyways.

Did you try it? I'm 6' and I'm perfectly fine, plenty of headroom for a helmet, lots of leg room for left foot braking, heel\toe etc.

dmanaenk - Any comment on how is it for longer distances? With the new grandson, my wife is going to want something she can drive 800 miles or so roundtrip.

I haven't driven it that long yet. I'll drive it to Chicago in a couple of weeks. So far I have very few comfort complaints.

Did you try it? I'm 6' and I'm perfectly fine, plenty of headroom for a helmet, lots of leg room for left foot braking, heel\toe etc.

Yes, I did. Dan @ Mach V commented to me from the passenger's seat "Yeah, you won't be able to wear a helmet in here" :lol:

Yes, I did. Dan @ Mach V commented to me from the passenger's seat "Yeah, you won't be able to wear a helmet in here" :lol:

That's funny - I'm 6'1", and the first thing I noticed when I sat in a BRZ was that I had a lot more headroom than my LGT, and that I would be able to wear a helmet in one much more easily than in my LGT. Do you have a long torso? :iam:

Anway, turbo BRZ video and NASIOC thread:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RU45jq2Zf8]Accelerated Performance's Turbo BRZ - EcuTek Tuned by Visconti ! - YouTube[/ame]

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2382816

sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

all depends if you're long waisted or have long legs, when it comes to fitting a helmet on in a car. i'm 6'2" and fit perfect in it.

...aaand i probably should have just read spoonwackers post above mine. :lol:

I fit in a BRZ. I'm 6'7" with a long torso. I haven't tried it with a helmet on though. I suspect I'd have to sit with a gangsta lean in that case.

I understand what PGT is saying though. If you're tall like me (or in youz guyzez cases a little taller than average), the backseat becomes worthless for anyone trying to sit behind you. It'd only be good for a gym bag or groceries.

is it just me, or @ 0:57 (in that video with emily whatever) does the BRZ's window slightly go up when the guy shuts the door???:spin:

Nah, it's not just you. The windows come down when you open the doors and roll up again after closing.

Finally saw one in person and got to sit in it as well. I like it for the most part. Wheels looked better in person to me, but still not my taste. "Back seat" is ridiculous. Why bother? Personally I would have gone with a two seat hatch, which would have been a better use of space in a car this size.
All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

My cousin is a Toyota rep, lent me an FRS for a 24-hour period. I must say, I love this car. All the way down to the shitty Prius-spec tires. Only thing I don't like about it is the shifter.. if it felt more precise like my S2000's 6-speed, I might be convinced to buy one.

At speed (180km/h) it felt planted, even with it doing some tight high speed turns. However like my S2000, lifting at the wrong time would result in a spin.

I'm 6'4", with the seat in a comfortable spot for driving I'm sure I'd fit in it with a helmet on. The seats are very comfortable - more so than the S2000's (06 AP2). Only thing about the FRS was that the HVAC controls felt cheap. The cousin said that they did came out of their compact car parts bin. I know Subaru's gauge package is better so it's not a big deal.

My friend test drove a BRZ and commented how there was a lack of highway passing power, but I didn't find that to be the case at all. Drop a few gears and get the tach up and there was plenty of passing power.

Why isn't anybody talking about the lousy tires that are on the BRZ/FRS? BMW X1 tires just won't cut it. Subaru needs to get with the program and drop these Audi A6 tires. They ought to replace these awful Mercedes E-Class tires with something better. Seriously, these Lexus GS430 tires are absolute shit.
sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

My friend test drove a BRZ and commented how there was a lack of highway passing power, but I didn't find that to be the case at all. Drop a few gears and get the tach up and there was plenty of passing power.

'Mericans...

Should've asked for an auto, if he's too lazy to move the lever.

I love downshifting the thing into 3rd for passing.

Great Comparison video FR-S vs BRZ... The argument between them sounds familiar. Subaru likes a more solid feel, while other Mfgs like a wilder ride.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf-6rLVeR2o&feature=g-vrec]Scion FRS (GT86) vs. Subaru BRZ on Track - Everyday Driver - YouTube[/ame]

Archived