LegacyGT.com

New Wagon concept, comment?

dubbwah

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like the styling. Too bad the bits I like will have been watered down into bland meh long before it reaches production.

Hopefully it'll get watered down in the bad areas, and keep the proportions and key body lines.

I like the concept, and I see a production vehicle under the show car gown. It's just a matter of them not screwing it up.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

If something event vaguely similar goes into production I'll give it serious consideration. Especially if there's an option for a 2.5L motor, though that seems unlikely.

I'm curious how the drivetrain is arranged... I've never been particularly fond of the way they hang the entire motor forward of the front axles, and this looks like an improvement. (Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if there was actually no drivetrain in the concept car.)

If something event vaguely similar goes into production I'll give it serious consideration. Especially if there's an option for a 2.5L motor, though that seems unlikely.

I'm curious how the drivetrain is arranged... I've never been particularly fond of the way they hang the entire motor forward of the front axles, and this looks like an improvement. (Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if there was actually no drivetrain in the concept car.)

It's possible that the front wheels are only driven by electric motors, and that the engine/trans is pushed backwards to drive the rear wheels. I recall reading somewhere that the Advanced Tourer concept was going to be a hybrid, and that seems like a logical layout given the dimensions.

Drivability depends on who built the concept. There are some shops who just do body/interior and nothing else (some, not even steering!). Others, like Millenworks, builds the concepts as production potential vehicles.

Remember the Chrysler ME4-12? Quad turbo, 6L V12 with a 7-speed sequential?

It was real:

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii287/bac52/ScreenShot2011-12-03at70744AM.png

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

It's possible that the front wheels are only driven by electric motors, and that the engine/trans is pushed backwards to drive the rear wheels. I recall reading somewhere that the Advanced Tourer concept was going to be a hybrid, and that seems like a logical layout given the dimensions.

Nope, Subaru's hybrid system uses an electric motor sandwiched between the engine & normal AWD tranny.

With that look, it needs more power captain! :lol:

EYE EYE Scotty.

Last evening I saw a Mercedes E class drive by. I noticed a lot of this cars lines in that white car.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I will take this as really my only next Subaru. I don't want an Outback / Forester or Tribeca, and the other cars they offer now are too small.

I want a wagon but don't need a Venza/ lame crossover.

If this thing truly appears to be a wagon (ie: "car") then I'm all over it in a few years.

I will take this as really my only next Subaru. I don't want an Outback / Forester or Tribeca, and the other cars they offer now are too small.

I want a wagon but don't need a Venza/ lame crossover.

If this thing truly appears to be a wagon (ie: "car") then I'm all over it in a few years.

Ditto... it has to be a sport/ performance wagon. They have the Outback for the families.

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

If they do it right (unlikely), it surely won't come here to the US.

Right means to me means: wagon, AWD, 300hp+, manual transmission w/mechanical linkage, no e-brake bullshit, decent supportive seats. That's the minimum. Anything else like good suspension, driver oriented cockpit, etc would be a plus.

I don't believe we will see that ever again.

If they do it right (unlikely), it surely won't come here to the US.

Right means to me means: wagon, AWD, 300hp+, manual transmission w/mechanical linkage, no e-brake bullshit, decent supportive seats. That's the minimum. Anything else like good suspension, driver oriented cockpit, etc would be a plus.

I agree with all you just said. I'm glad I got my 09 wagon when I did.

if they do it right (unlikely), it surely won't come here to the us.

Right means to me means: Wagon, awd, 300hp+, manual transmission w/mechanical linkage, no e-brake bullshit, decent supportive seats. That's the minimum. Anything else like good suspension, driver oriented cockpit, etc would be a plus.

x2

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Gotta be hopefull. Subaru has to listen to the enthusiast . I started years back on a Loyale 5 sp turbo (very rare). Then a series of non Turbo legacies dreaming of a Turbo one. Finally got the dream car (sort of) . Now we dream bigger (yea, I know its a long shot). Now with CVT and 1.6 l engines is not the direction we want.

If they manage their profits from the wal-mart quantities of Outbacks and Foresters they have sold in the last few years, they should again be able to offer a small batch of performance full sized wagons to North America, a la 2005-2008.

But like unclemat, I won't hold my breath.

But I'll say it again so SOA / Subaru Canada can read it again: I won't buy another new Subaru unless it's a full-sized turbo wagon. The closest and only thing they offer now is a WRX hatch, and I don't want that. I'm not 20 years old anymore. Not by a long shot.

If they manage their profits from the wal-mart quantities of Outbacks and Foresters they have sold in the last few years, they should again be able to offer a small batch of performance full sized wagons to North America, a la 2005-2008.

But like unclemat, I won't hold my breath.

But I'll say it again so SOA / Subaru Canada can read it again: I won't buy another new Subaru unless it's a full-sized turbo wagon. The closest and only thing they offer now is a WRX hatch, and I don't want that. I'm not 20 years old anymore. Not by a long shot.

The Yen appreciation has really cut into FHI's profit... even with all of the cars sold.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived