LegacyGT.com

New Wagon concept, comment?

dubbwah

Agreed. If they don't come out with a Sport or Touring Legacy based wagon, this 5th gen is my last Subaru.

Magic,

the funny thing is most people who own GT wagons find it hard to replace them with anything else of a different class. Here you have it - the best package - it's a stuff hauler, it's sleeper performer, it's daily driver, and it's ultimate winter car. Relatively inexpensive to mod, maintain and fix. With 4th gen Subaru really nailed the styling too.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the awd infinity coupe came with manual transmission it would be on my list. I'd miss the extra space, but with the wife's forester we could make it work. BRZ will get a serious look when it debuts in the spring. Not the jack of all trades the LGT wagon is but it intrigues me.
All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

BMW, VW, and Volvo still have wagons in their line up 2012.

I believe BMW announced that 2012 would be the last year for the 3 series wagon in the states unless they changed their minds. All of Volvo's "wagons" are technically crossovers(XC60/70/90) now with raised suspensions like the Outback. VW and Acura are the only companies left that offer true wagons with one model each. Unfortunately the VW can't be had with a decent engine unless you are a diesel freak and there is no Acura dealer within 100 miles of me.

Yes, I know Saab has been bleeding badly for some time now. I was surprised there was not a fairly major US market consolidation/shift following the last buy out. It's a shame to see a company that has been so innovative burning to the ground. I have never owned a saab, but the brand has always held special niche in the market. Really they are too "euro" for the us market, imo. I hope they can find a way to keep going and make a comeback someday.
All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

Yes, the 5th gen legacy gt wagon is irreplaceable in the US; took my smart phone to my dealer yesterday ( to pick up a part and have service) showed a sales guy the Tourer Concept photos . Had never heard of it, but it does look like the advanced next gen legacy material they had! I told them BRING IT to the US or my 05 may be the last of 6 Subarus I have owned.

I hope they are listening! If I have to buy a sedan it will not be a Legacy; the Lexus CT 200h is the best looking mid size wagon out right now + hybrid!

Yes, the 5th gen legacy gt wagon is irreplaceable in the US; took my smart phone to my dealer yesterday ( to pick up a part and have service) showed a sales guy the Tourer Concept photos . Had never heard of it, but it does look like the advanced next gen legacy material they had! I told them BRING IT to the US or my 05 may be the last of 6 Subarus I have owned.

I hope they are listening! If I have to buy a sedan it will not be a Legacy; the Lexus CT 200h is the best looking mid size wagon out right now + hybrid!

CT 200h is a compact. It's smaller than the Impreza 5 door.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Couldn't have said it better myself :-) My 2005 is at 130K miles and counting, with no problems, so I'll be keeping it until something comes along that I like better. So far, nothing.

the funny thing is most people who own GT wagons find it hard to replace them with anything else of a different class. Here you have it - the best package - it's a stuff hauler, it's sleeper performer, it's daily driver, and it's ultimate winter car. Relatively inexpensive to mod, maintain and fix. With 4th gen Subaru really nailed the styling too.

Archived