LegacyGT.com

Subaru BRZ Concept STI - Pictures Released

Chameleon

With a 12.5:1 compression ratio, I'm sure Premium is preferred if not mandatory.

The EPA hasn't released official mileage numbers yet, but I will be surprised if the BRZ isn't north of 30mpg highway. I can average 29mpg in my spec.B which is 700lbs heavier and doesn't have as good aero or direct injection. Magazines keep estimating around 28-29mpg highway and I just don't see how that can be possible.

yeah i can get 29hwy but our aero is surprisingly good... ties the c6 vette and we actually have less frontal area.

awd is what you are missing... our engines are constantly spinning an extra few hundred pounds that a rwd car wouldn't.

i want to see 25/32 out of the brz and i will consider it... i think 22/29 would be awesome for a turbo/supercharged variant if they ever make one (plz plz plz)

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm planning a drive to Texas soon. I'm going to blue-tape the car and see about doing some aero mods. I might even make some wheel covers and rear wheel well covers (like an insight!)
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

• 1 month later...

I would call that a good review.

I love reading the comments in all of these "first drive" articles that are coming out. People say its not powerful enough, reference 0-60 times with Mustangs and other cars of the like, 200 bhp is not enough, etc, etc. They just don't get this car.

To me, its a hard-top Miata with more power and better styling. (very roughly stated, but you get my point)

You must hammer the gas pedal routinely. I drive fairly aggressive ave around high 70's on highway, usually not gentle with the accelerator, and never go below 19 on winter gas. Wife drives it around town, again, never lower than high 19's in the winter. On summer gas we're around 22. Actually both FXT and LGT get pretty much the same.

^ come on diesel Subaru in the states...

Brz mileage will probably be real reasonable. I don't think anyone was trying to beat sport coupe mpg records or anything but especially compared to our legacies, should be pretty good.

Anyone averaging over 20 in a legacy is spending way more time on the freeway than I do. 15 mile each way commute on surface streets, lots of stop lights = 15.9 mpg consistently. 17 if I have zero fun for a whole week. I hate my mpg but love my legacy... Gonna be tough to find anything I can afford that would beat it overall.

-Bill

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."

I have been reading articles on both the BRZ and the Genesis Coupe. Two different cars, but nonetheless I am sure they will be cross-shopped. Based on what I have read, the 3.8 V6 is the only Gen Coupe to buy, but maybe with the 2013 power increase the 2.0T will become a better option than the last version. But if the BRZ gets excellent gas mileage, it could potentially beat both as a DD (especially the V6).

Personally, with the BRZ and the 2013 Genesis Coupe coming out, I think a slightly used MT 3.8 Gen Coupe Track will become a great buy. You will probably be able to get RWD, N/A 300 hp, Brembos, 6MT for around $20-22k. Gas mileage will be so-so with the V6... but still.

I might be in the wrong thread here. I am just talking aloud. Carry on.

The 2.0T is actually a pretty good engine. It's basically an EVO engine. So even though it may lack power immediately, there's no shortage of mods for it.

The Genesis got a facelift this year, along with a new model: the 3.6R. This has the same 3.6L 6-cylinder engine, but it now puts out 345 hp. Pretty beefy. That's definitely the Genesis I'd buy. I like the new front end better, and that kind of power is definitely a force to be reckoned with.

All this being said however... I'd still get a BRZ STI in a heartbeat. Hahaha Subie for life :D

turbozzzzzzz duh.

I think it looks awesome.

I though something was missing as well, the hood scoop. It looks like it has the oversized exhaust from the sti, as well as the brembos which if it needs that much force to stop and air to breath then it would have a turbo in it....ohhh and oh pls pls the awd. unless they would surprise us with a 6 speed sti transmission mated to the H6 with a better tune

fixed. I'd never turn down an AWD 911, R8, or Lamborghini

...what's the Bugatti Veyron, then... a grocery getter? :eek:

Super car = veyron, R8, lambo, ferrari

Sports car = BRZ

are you guys really that numb?

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Archived