Subaru BRZ Concept STI - Pictures Released

Chameleon

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Super car = veyron, R8, lambo, ferrari

Sports car = BRZ

are you guys really that numb?

are you seriously arguing over this? The aforementioned are sports cars and super cars. How about the Audit TT S and RS?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I personally don't like it ..it doesn't have the subaru stylish anymore ... It freaking looks like a Mazda RX8 or those lil new Hyundais or the Nissan 370 .. it looks cheap to me .. sorry

There are those who would argue that lacking Subaru styling would be a good thing :lol:

are you seriously arguing over this? The aforementioned are sports cars and super cars. How about the Audit TT S and RS?

if you want to call an audi TT a sports car go right ahead :lol:

Just make sure you check your man card at the door and grab your standard issue purse ;)

Look all realms of automotive racing. How many have cars with AWD? Rally? hill climb?

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

I personally don't like it ..it doesn't have the subaru stylish anymore ... It freaking looks like a Mazda RX8 or those lil new Hyundais or the Nissan 370 .. it looks cheap to me .. sorry

NOT designed for aerodynamics

NOT designed for track use

Designed for rally

http://reviews.carreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/ings_n_spec_bodykit_subaru_impreza_wrx_sti_001-1229-950x6731.jpg

close to 50/50 wait ratio

low slung motor for better handling

RWD for use on track

designed for aerodynamics

http://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/crop/201111/2012-subaru-brz-7_460x0w.jpg

it is an undeniably attractive car. however, there are plenty of attractive cars in a two door coupe. none really in the awd platform and i think that that is the niche that subie fanboys are missing. this car could have all of the same features it currently has w/ the addition of awd and everyone would be drooling over it. even though awd isnt the be all end all.

why do we like awd? performance? poor weather traction? feel? all of these are nice and they are amoung the reasons i own awd cars. with that being said, rwd cars make better performance machines. if that weren't true, then why would all of the sanctioned tarmac racing organization (just about) place most of the rwd sports cars in the fastest classes. for instance, solo2. easiest example i can think of. the 01 mazda miata (rwd) has about 17 lbs/hp and is in b-stock. the 2002 impreza rs w/ awd is approx 18 lbs/hp and is in h-stock. that is a significant amount of pax differentiation.

and there are plenty of times to back that up. in short, subaru/toyota has made a real contender in that market. i wont be buying one because it just doesn't tickle my fancy. however i would purchase it over the miata off of looks alone.

I'm a native of South Carolina. I am a dying breed.

The ONLY thing that AWD aids in performance (on pavement) is starting from a stop. After that it's weight. It's weight that needs to be lugged around, it's weight that creates a less than ideal weight ratio in 99% of cars.

I live in NH and needed AWD to get around once in the past 3 years. Last year we had record snow falls. Did everyone with FWD hunker down and not leave home? nope. Is it nice to have when it snows? yes. Is it needed? nope.

NOT designed for aerodynamics

NOT designed for track use

Designed for rally

http://reviews.carreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/ings_n_spec_bodykit_subaru_impreza_wrx_sti_001-1229-950x6731.jpg

close to 50/50 wait ratio

low slung motor for better handling

RWD for use on track

designed for aerodynamics

http://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/crop/201111/2012-subaru-brz-7_460x0w.jpg

Both will probably be a nice thing to drive - but they will be very different.

453747.png

this car could have all of the same features it currently has w/ the addition of awd and everyone would be drooling over it. even though awd isnt the be all end all.

I think I know what you mean by this - implying that the AWD is overvalued by the subie fanboys. However, I think it should be pointed out that this car would be very different with AWD; the balance would be skewed significantly and the center of gravity would be higher. (I believe I read this in an article that interviewed the Subaru engineer that worked on the BRZ project.)

I think I know what you mean by this - implying that the AWD is overvalued by the subie fanboys. However, I think it should be pointed out that this car would be very different with AWD; the balance would be skewed significantly and the center of gravity would be higher. (I believe I read this in an article that interviewed the Subaru engineer that worked on the BRZ project.)

Yes it would be. The front axles would be right where the rear cylinders are now. So to fit the subaru AWD transmission, the engine would have to go right back where it usually is in a Subaru, in front of and above the front axles. Not good for weight distribution or turn-in response at all.

I think most people complaining about the lack of AWD have only ever driven AWD and FWD cars, and don't know what a responsive RWD car can feel like.

Yes it would be. The front axles would be right where the rear cylinders are now. So to fit the subaru AWD transmission, the engine would have to go right back where it usually is in a Subaru, in front of and above the front axles. Not good for weight distribution or turn-in response at all.

I think most people complaining about the lack of AWD have only ever driven AWD and FWD cars, and don't know what a responsive RWD car can feel like.

Exactly! MY DD before picking up my 05 LGT was a S14 240SX (with a Z32 300ZX TT for my toy). While I love my LGT, I find myself missing that dynamic feel the 240 has.

Plus you would loose those beautiful RWD proportions.

Here is what I posted elsewhere <edited>, but is applicable everywhere... here, for example.

Some people are going to have to accept a certain fact that IS relevant to <Legacygt.com> , and especially for certain owners of the Subaru <Legacy GT>... they know who they are.

That fact is, there is going to be people switching from <a Legacy GT> to a BRZ. Sooner or later it will be the other way, but for now it is simple.

Now why would anyone in their right minds switch from <a Legacy GT> to a BRZ? That's the derisive question those certain people will ask. But it will be asked out of curiosity by many others as well. Why a BRZ over <a Legacy GT>?

It's easy to answer when it's the other way around... why <a LegacyGT> over a, well almost anything else. That's why we own them. It's a Duh!

What possible reason could the happy owner of a perfect <LegacyGT> have then, that would make them switch to an unseen unknown untested bastard little runt of a car like the Toyobaru, BRZ...?

Given that FHI has just informed Japan that orders for a BRZ from now on won't be being delivered until next year... because of a vastly underestimated demand, something is making a lot of people across the planet gravitate to it. Data? Specs? Looks. Myth?

Or is it something else.

saw this in person last week and spoke to subaru's regional rep. he said that none of the dealers in the snow belt were interested at all in the brz. so subaru decide to only make about 3700 of them. after the pics were released of the actual product, all of the dealer's who previously said no, jumped all over it and asked for one. so now, instead of sending them out to about 300 dealers, subaru has to distribute them to twice as many. the rep said that each dealer will only get one. our local dealer has taken 25 pre-orders for them already with the one that they are getting having already been sold to the general manager of the store. guess, more people are coming around to liking them. i do like the brz but i won't own one simply bc i'm not in the market for a two door sports car. other than that, i'ld be all over it.
I'm a native of South Carolina. I am a dying breed.

I think 1/dealer (a month, I presume) is BS/hype/crap. Most cars sell the most in their first year and after that there might be new competition coming into the market. Starting production w/o a contingency plan to satisfy extra demand is shooting oneself in the foot. I expect these to be sitting on the lots by Fall with everyone who pre-ordered getting one over the spring/summer.

Archived