LegacyGT.com

Performance Mods for the 3.6R

I did stumble across one thing during my google search it's a chip made by G Force. There claiming a 60hp gain but I find that unlikely, especially since it only cost $60. Anyone know anything bout this?

It's snake oil, all they're selling you is a resistor. You can probably get a pack of them at Radio Shack for far less than $60. Neither one is going to gain you 60hp. :lol:

They claim "up to 60hp" gains. So even if it gains 1/10th of a HP, their claims are correct. If I say I'm going to give you "up to $60" I could give you a penny and still technically not be lying. :rolleyes:

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
I may have to eat my words here since someone actually boosted an EZ36 with a supercharger...

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/lecagy-spec-b-3-6l-rotrex-174531.html

Eh, I wouldn't start eating just yet. Is the 3.6 from the Tribeca the same as the 3.6 in the 5th gen?

Either way, there's still not a USDM tuning solution for the 5th gen 3.6R

Eh, I wouldn't start eating just yet. Is the 3.6 from the Tribeca the same as the 3.6 in the 5th gen?

Either way, there's still not a USDM tuning solution for the 5th gen 3.6R

Looks like it's also a manual which may do a better job of not exploding.

• 5 weeks later...

custom header back to perrin abe goin on in a matter of days , ive emailed many tuners/custom tuners still no tunable maps for the ECU, anything i should be worried about before/after these things go on? should be pretty epic, they will do before and after dyno of the car but i really would like a nice tune 93 octane tune. but even if not its a great car im happy either way. just looking for community input. try and keep it friendly please. :lol:

It will be done at ECS in CT. just waiting for the call to bring it in.

custom header back to perrin abe goin on in a matter of days , ive emailed many tuners/custom tuners still no tunable maps for the ECU, anything i should be worried about before/after these things go on? should be pretty epic, they will do before and after dyno of the car but i really would like a nice tune 93 octane tune. but even if not its a great car im happy either way. just looking for community input. try and keep it friendly please. :lol:

It will be done at ECS in CT. just waiting for the call to bring it in.

I'd be screwed with these headers and in Cali...def wouldn't pass emission standards.

if they are set back im sure it wont be much i will post pics and dyno video when they are on the car. im gonna reset the ECU and let it learn the new parts best it can but they told me at ecs that the sensors in the cats are far enough back where they wont be effected.

I would like to think you wouldn't throw any codes, but the life expectancy of your O2 sensors will most likely go to hell. You will probably run pretty rich with the setup.

I wonder if a Greddy E-Manage is adaptable to our ECU's.

if they are set back im sure it wont be much i will post pics and dyno video when they are on the car. im gonna reset the ECU and let it learn the new parts best it can but they told me at ecs that the sensors in the cats are far enough back where they wont be effected.

Do you have plans to do a before dyno? Really should try and do before/after dyno runs to measure the gains since you are in uncharted territory.

look who decides to show up to the party!

I have to admit i am interested in these 3000 dollar headers. :spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin:

Let me know when your going for the install. Im gonna stop by and hang with you for a few if its not during work hours.

Archived