LegacyGT.com

Performance Mods for the 3.6R

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have been lookin on craigslist for an old corvette to drive in the summer. older cars are easy to make fast modern ecus make everythin feel so complicated.

Modern cars are easier to make fast. There just isn't a market for someone to spend the time and effort cracking the ecu codes. Look at what a simple stage 1 tune does for the LGT. Ford and GM have tuning support for their V8s because there is a huge market. There just isn't demand for tuning solutions for the 3.6

Tuning a NA Subaru doesn't net the same results as forced induction either. Probably the reason no one cares to do it. I mean even Cobb discontinued their access port for the 2.5na cause the cost to power ratio wasn't worth it. Not sure if anyone actually bought it either

If some positive reviews come out for the '13 suspension improvements, I might be getting the '13 strut/spring combo.

2013 Legacy 3.6R LMT

Front Struts - Left 20310AJ07A, Right 20310AJ06A

Front Springs - 20330AJ10A x2

Rear Struts - 20365AJ04A x2

Rear Springs - 20380AJ10A x2

you might be right. although subaru stated up to 40% decrease in body roll. as long as they are more composed i'd go for it. i've been down the stiff suspension route before...not looking to do that again. OEM set up should be in the $500-$600 range. (plus I have subie bucks so $0 ;) )

Given they've only upgraded the front sway a mm or two...dunno that's going to equal 40%.

As for part numbers, what I've found is alot of the '13 parts are replacing the prior numbers in the Subaru database.

I have no doubt the RCE set up will be nice, but probably too stiff for a comfy yet controlled DD.

Given they've only upgraded the front sway a mm or two...dunno that's going to equal 40%.

As for part numbers, what I've found is alot of the '13 parts are replacing the prior numbers in the Subaru database.

I have no doubt the RCE set up will be nice, but probably too stiff for a comfy yet controlled DD.

Now you guys got me a little concerned about being too stiff since I use my car for DD and because I don't feel like it is really that loose right now. I just keep telling myself that it's all good because from what I hear on here, the combo is the best way to lower the car without going to low and wearing out the stock shocks. Never thought I'd worry about being too stiff. lol!

The stock front bar is 23mm. The new one is supposedly 26MM. 3mm for a sway bar is huge. If you really need new stiffer struts Id go with the konis that are in the making. Koni stock replacements have always been known to be a tad stiffer than stock. Those along with a slightly bigger sway bar would be ideal for a smooth daily driver. Plus subaru stated that 40% of body roll has been removed. Body roll is attributed to sway bars. Damping and up/down movement is attributed to springs and shocks. So if they are referring to body roll I would think the front bar was the main difference making that claim.

Archived