LegacyGT.com

Performance Mods for the 3.6R

Yes I've been on that forum since 06 when we got our tribeca ( I think I'm still a moderator there) At one time Cobb had a supercharger on a Tribeca but there was no market so they just sold the vehicle. Never did market a kit.

It makes me wonder if the 3.6 liter engine in the Tribeca is the same as our 3.6R Legacys. From what I understand its that the Con Rods in our cars are not straight in line over the bottom cap, thus making them not suitable for positive manifold pressure. Did they ever call the Tribeca motor a 3.6R or just a 3.6 liter. What the heck does the R give us? :lol:;):lol:;)

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I usually edit couple times lol

if they can build a 3.0, they sure can deal with 3.6 IMO.. yea that's gonna be sh*tload of cash for the works and parts but at least you'll have something ppl dont ..

the HP and Trq made me feel.. :dm:

I think a 3.6R alone is already sleeper.. debadge your trunk, make ppl think u have a 2.5i

IMO, the market for 3.6R is not that great, but you will have to wait and see... make some phone calls to Perrin or Rallitek, they may surprise you

Now that I think of it you're right. Our 06' is the H6-3.0L, that was the one Cobb put the supercharger on. With the pork-chop pattern the crank uses the 3.6 may pose a problem. The thing is, personally, I got the 3.6R because because of it's smoother power delivery and amenities. I had a turbo scooby, did a ton of mods and wanted something different. If I planned on modding I would have gotten a the L-GT. It's hard for me to get a car and not mod it :) So getting the 3.6R kind of forced me by limiting my ability to. I still have my little car if I want to zip around. Having said that I can completely understand the OP wanting to eek out every bit from your car. It's what makes car guys.

Peaty,

2019 Imp Sport 5 Dr (Mine) 2013 Outback Premium (Wife's)

2010 Legacy 3.6R (Son), 2001 Forester S (other son)

1999 Miata (my summer ride)

The sound clips I've heard of axle backs on the 3.6's have sounded pretty darn good. I'd give the car some more growl if it were me :cool:

I have to say that although it's not a performance mod, I'm really happy I changed out my mufflers. It's not obnoxious but a nice growl when you step on it. I highly recommend it if it's something you are considering:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa-mQCPVoTg]Perrin Exhaust on 2010 Legacy 3.6R - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOeah0I4HOw]Short in car of Perrin Mufflers - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2i0L70Snd4]test track.MP4 - YouTube[/ame]

http://www.scoobymods.com/perrin-axel-back-2010-legacy-t13402.html

Peaty,

Well I didn't spend the $335 for the Megan Axle back system, but instead I spent $1400 for a Canon 7D and Vertical release, battery grip!

It's something I've wanted for a while and since the car is something I'll have for some time, I thought it was time to jump on a great deal for an excellent camera body. And with the camera I'll be able to take some more great pictures as well as shoot killer video too of my car! :D

I have to say that although it's not a performance mod, I'm really happy I changed out my mufflers. It's not obnoxious but a nice growl when you step on it. I highly recommend it if it's something you are considering:

test track.MP4 - YouTube

http://www.scoobymods.com/perrin-axel-back-2010-legacy-t13402.html

Would this void my warranty? I can't see swapping mufflers causing any damage, but you know how dealerships are...

This is always a tricky question to answer. I've been modding my new cars for a while. I've never run into an issue. However, I have a pretty good relationship with my dealer (after getting 5 cars there I should) I've had my Legacy in a few times and they have never said anything, even when they checked on the shimmy issue and saw my aftermarket rear sway bar. I did talk to them about the mods and they said if they were working on my car for something warranty related and needed to remove something that I put on that was not there before they may have to charge me labor for that item. Which is fair, eg. if they had to get to something under my car and a rear diffuser was in the way that I put on took an hour to R/R I'd be charged. If they were doing something that required removing the harmonic balancer and I had an under-drive pulley, no charge since they were removing it anyway.

Technically if they wanted to bust your chops the service manager could try to deny something. The law says they'd have to prove that what you installed did the damage that was caused. They could not, for instance, deny my warranty for a window motor due to my mufflers.

A lot of these types of thing boil down to how well you get along with your dealership. If you go in with an issue ranting and raving and coming off as a know it all they are going to treat you like a *ick. Can't blame them. I always try to be a good customer ;)

Peaty,

I went with the exhaust, my many camera body has a vertical grip built in ;) and I have one on my D300 already. I'm a Nikon guy but I have noting against Canon that's for sure.

But to get back on topic, it's already been said working on the suspension is a good idea too. I've also been pretty happy with my WhiteLine Rear sway bar. If I were more industrious I'd swap out the springs too.

Peaty,

Yes, sorry Whiteline, I'd post a link but my personal website is blocked from work. Until I can get where I can link, you can look here:

www.peatpics.com

and find my cars album then inside the legacy album I have pics of the swaybar

edit: or Duh, click the 2010 Legacy link in my signature It will take you right there...

Peaty,

shame on you, should've saved more cash and get a goddamn 5Dmkii :spin:

:lol:

Naw, the 5D2 just isn't fast enough for when I want to shoot sports. The 7D is a killer camera. Yeah it's not a full frame sensor, but it has so many other features that are what I need for what I shoot. So it's perfect.

Flatline is not a big seller! Happens only once, all sales final, no returns.

and it was just an OK movie too. :)

Peaty,

• 4 months later...
So I've listened to various video clips of the Megan Racing, Perin and Magnaflow exhausts on the 3.6R. Any opinions on which is best and why so? It's hard to tell not hearing them in person which to choose, but I'd like to do it this sprng. Is one an easier match than the others? :iam:

Honestly, your best bet is to hook up with a member that is local to hear it in person. Next time I get the chance I should re record my Perrin system. I got a very nice digital recorder for my son's band, it will do a nice job I think.

Peaty,

Honestly, your best bet is to hook up with a member that is local to hear it in person. Next time I get the chance I should re record my Perrin system. I got a very nice digital recorder for my son's band, it will do a nice job I think.

Sounds like you're happy with the Perrin. If you do re-record do post up so I can listen 10 or 15 times, lol. I miss my 08 GT sound with my COBB/STP. Gotta get something crankier outta this 3.6R.

Archived