All Season Tire Recommendations

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's where I'm at in terms of order to pick

Falken Ziex ZE950 AS..122.99ea

Dunlop signature hp...137ea

Firestone firehawk AS ..121.96ea

Falkens seem to have me sold because of great rain reviews. Anything to persuade me otherwise. I don't need to break the bank here

I have the Michelin Defenders on my '10 2.5i Premium (P205/60R16 91V). I highly recommend these. I've had them since 1/2014 and the thread has barely worn down. They are great in heavy rain and provide great traction in snow (I grew up in MA and currently live in CO)

Looking at the tire rack comparisons, the BF Goodrich G-Force Comp-2 A/S has nominally identical wet performance to the Dunlop Signature HP, but with substantially better dry performance. (also better wet stopping performance). I have had the Pirelli P-Zero All Season Plus on my car for about a year now, and really like them.

• 4 weeks later...

My lease is up in a few months & my wife wants me to buy my 14 Legacy (something I've been hesitant to do until life recently stepped in). That said, my OE Bridgestones are finally at a point that I can justify replacing them (YAY!). Needless to say, I've been researching tires for quite a while now. My short list is (in no particular order):

Conti PureContact with EcoPlus Technology

Conti ExtremeContact DWS 06

BFG g-Force COMP-2 A/S

They all have Excellent to Superior ratings in snow, which is what I'm looking for (the DWS 06 is the highest rated of the 3 for deep snow).

Then I started thinking about All-Weather tires. After some research, I'm more or less interested in the Nokian WRG3 for year-round use. I've read opinions on the forum & online about using AW tires year-round, but I only use 1 set of tires & after the Bridgestones, I want a tire that's much better in all weather conditions. I can get the Nokians at Mavis Tire for roughly $195 installed + tax per tire.The Nokians are more than $40 more than the DWS 06, which is the most expensive of my 3 other choices, but since it looks like I'm going to have my Legacy for the foreseeable future, I don't want to stress every winter over driving to work or wherever.

Archived