LegacyGT.com

How's my LV?

iNVAR

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have a small leak somewhere or you have an intake. You don't have knock, but you most likely have a leak, or you have an intake.

Where do you have LV installed? That's where the JPG files should be.

Could just be the panel filter, but I used to have that too and never got positive trims like that. I would check for a small intake/vacuum leak somewhere after the MAF sensor too.

Your ECU is adding fuel right now to compensate for the added air. And at 13% at the idle trim, you are on the upper end and near the limit of15%.

Could just be the panel filter, but I used to have that too and never got positive trims like that. I would check for a small intake/vacuum leak somewhere after the MAF sensor too.

Your ECU is adding fuel right now to compensate for the added air. And at 13% at the idle trim, you are on the upper end and near the limit of15%.

I did have my snorkel thing (below the filter) out until a few days ago. I drove maybe 10 miles since then. Would this make for the high number? If not ill have to double check the intake area.

No, the snorkel shouldn't do that either. You are looking for a POST MAF leak. Vacuum hoses, throttle hoses, anything after the MAF sensor.

okay, thanks. Ill check tomorrow. If I find a look connection or something will the number change immediately or do I need to drive a little?

takes a while to readjust. pretty long while.... the one that'll change the quickest is the idle one (A) because the fluctuates a lot... you can actually see it change before your eyes when you're in RR. the others take much longer.

see if you find something first.

takes a while to readjust. pretty long while.... the one that'll change the quickest is the idle one (A) because the fluctuates a lot... you can actually see it change before your eyes when you're in RR. the others take much longer.

see if you find something first.

So I looked around for a loose hose and couldnt find anything. I had my intake apart since I did the plugs a few thousand miles ago. I took it apart again and made sure it was sealed and put together right incase I missed something. Drove about 25 miles today. The first number is alittle lower now. Would it slowly go down if I drive more or what else should I check?

Also saw one of the other numbers is now reading something instead of 0.00. Is this a problem?

Should I figure out the a/f ratio stuff before buying tune?

Thanks for the help.

1816447630_LearningView_SS_4-12-201250644PM.jpg.3cb368c7bd917e086bbe68f035a6cbfe.jpg

You still look to have a leak somewhere. There's no point in tuning a sick car and a reputable tuner will decline to do so.

The small FLKC value could be many things. I'd work on your fueling problems first.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

New LV.

I cleaned the MAF sensor. The first number seems alot better now. I unplugged the battery after I cleaned it and drove about 10 miles. Im going to do another LV after the next time I drive too just to make sure its okay. Would the number go back up right away if it wasnt a dirty MAF? I double checked all the hoses again and couldnt find any loose ones or ones that popped off.

Also, what is that IAM in the top right? It was 1 now its .5. Just curious.

1161952913_LearningView_SS_4-13-201242726PM.jpg.0e6c9702299494bcd042ccc909bdbf81.jpg

Also, what is that IAM in the top right? It was 1 now its .5. Just curious.

As stock the IAM will start out at 0.500 or some other value <1.000 after a reset, and a lot of tuners will leave the customer with a final map like this too. You drive for a while in all load ranges and when the ECU sees no knock it will increment back to 1.000 soon enough. Just keep an eye on it to be this happens, and where the fuel trims go.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

As stock the IAM will start out at 0.500 or some other value <1.000 after a reset, and a lot of tuners will leave the customer with a final map like this too. You drive for a while in all load ranges and when the ECU sees no knock it will increment back to 1.000 soon enough. Just keep an eye on it to be this happens, and where the fuel trims go.

Yea I'm going to check it again after a few more drives. Other than the iam number does it look okay?

Yea I'm going to check it again after a few more drives. Other than the iam number does it look okay?

It looks better, but you probably have to do a few more miles to get the trims settled down. You still have positive trims, and what you want is negative numbers. So, better yes... good? Not really.

So I checked about 3 more times and still couldn't find a loose hose. The one hose to the right of the intercooler had a bend on the bottom so I fixed that but it didn't change. Is there anything else to check? Would putting in a regular fram filter help?

• 1 month later...
if you romp on it right after a flash, the ecu uses rough correction and drops the iam. Ginger, reset ecu, drive it easy for a few miles, then do a full pull. you could do a log as well for good measure. Better for me to look at too

Archived