LegacyGT.com

What'd you do to your FIRST Gen. Subaru today?

Does your clutch chatter really really bad when the car is cold?

Are you on bbs.legacycentral.org? There is a shit ton of info over there on our 1st Gens.

I am on there too. Been doing a lot of reading because you rarely get replys now. Thanks for the pointers guys.

No chattering or anything on the clutch, been having harder starts though that are intermittent

But since that is pre-turbo how would that cause boost pressure to not build to target boost, that would just cause the car to run lean because of unmetered air.

Yeah, you're right.:redface:

I guess it would only be a problem if you were running high boost causing it to collapse.

^^Okay, good. I have to constantly check myself when it comes to what I call "boost logic", still learning about tuning and troubleshooting as my first turbo was my 2012 GT and I am still pretty new to this stuff. :)

I used a PVC endcap drilled out to fit a tire valve. you can install it on the turbo inlet and use an air compressor to pump air in while spraying soapy water on possible leaks. Just be careful and set your compressor low at first, 5-8psi should be plenty. I found my throttle plate seals leaked massively after 5psi... still looking for a cheap solution there.

Don't mean to barge in and interrupt, but on Saturday I'm looking at a Legacy wagon with a 5 speed that will be my donor car for the transmission swap into my sedan. I'm grabbing the wagon for $450 and can't wait to get going on the swap. Bye bye leaky 4eat!

I could use a few bits and bobs off that car if you are going to part it out after the swap. What color interior does it have?

I could use a few bits and bobs off that car if you are going to part it out after the swap. What color interior does it have?

I'm thinking it has a black interior. The only photos I got were exterior. I'd probably part it when I'm done. The things I'd possibly rob from it are the front seats, door cards all around, and center console. Everything else would probably be up for grabs!

Hahaha! Hogzaust completed. Lol! It will have to do until I can get an exhaust system.

And cleaned the MAF sensor, which was very dirty, reset the ECU, and moved the boost gauge connection to the BPV reference vac line from the charcoal canister line.

Edited by GTEASER

i had to replace the fuel pump the other day(why do they have two types of pumps? 1 1/2 in and a 2in diameter), the engine would just die for no reason, cycle the key and bam back to moving, replaced it after having to go get the other pump and engine ran fine until i gunned it on a hill going 40 it died again, does this randomly now and i think it may be a relay another person said the pressure reg may be going out, and other forum post i read said he suspected the knock sensor. any ideas?

These just arrived. Konig Feather 17x7.5+45 in Silver. Anyone interested in a nice set of snowflakes for cheap? Now to choose tires.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/20/b2229b4d2d10809d27c9cc5f0a659090.jpg