LegacyGT.com

What'd you do to your FIRST Gen. Subaru today?

Probably in the neighborhood of +48, a lot higher offset than non-subaru wheels. A lot of aftermarket wheels are the wrong offset. It might be stamped on the inside of the wheel

Managed to get a wheel off. Despite the years of brake dust I had to wire brush off they're 15x6 +55 if anyone else needs the info.

A couple days ago I replaced the horn relay which was a major pain in the ass. It is way back up under the fuse box so I had to remove an interior panel, unbolt the fusebox then still finagle my arm up trough wires to get to the relay. After I found it, I went to auto zone to order another pne. Turns out my car is set up for the relay from a 1993 impreza, not legacy. Oh well, got the new impreza part, horn works! Also yesterday I got a spare tire :3 it was a pain to find a 17x7 +40mm rim without ordering it, got a couple nice ones on craigslist from a guy. Finally getting this safety stuff out of the way.

Went to bleed my clutch because it was slightly mushy, and try a spiffy new brake bleeder I got. Turns out it didn't work, just sucked air through the threads on the bleeder valve. Now it has cavitation and wont pull any fluid in when I do it the old fashioned way. Im gonna try putting some pressure on the reservoir to try pushing the air out when I have some light in the morning.

*figured out that I had a 2 pieces of hydralic hose seperated by a bleeder valve fitting going to my slave. Not sure if this is a legacy ss or a wrx part but I'm going to eliminate it since its not mentioned in my repair manual. Figured its just an extra piece to go wrong and add mushyness.

Edited by USLiberty

So I did a ej22t swap and new 5 speed, well 80k less miles on it at least lol and 2nd gear still works so thats fun. But I didn't change my harness, i have the little boost control solenoid, pressure sensor and that thing that looks like a fuel injector resistor of sorts. I have the ej22t computer and harness but i didnt want to take my whole dash apart to replace the harness cuz stuff always gets broken. Im wondering if i can just tap in the boost controller stuff into my blanks in my ecm plug and then my new computer will work? cuz it wont run as of yet, my old ecm runs the turbo engine but im kinda worried it might lean out. also boost acts wierd and doesnt work sometimes....

So I did a ej22t swap and new 5 speed, well 80k less miles on it at least lol and 2nd gear still works so thats fun. But I didn't change my harness, i have the little boost control solenoid, pressure sensor and that thing that looks like a fuel injector resistor of sorts. I have the ej22t computer and harness but i didnt want to take my whole dash apart to replace the harness cuz stuff always gets broken. Im wondering if i can just tap in the boost controller stuff into my blanks in my ecm plug and then my new computer will work? cuz it wont run as of yet, my old ecm runs the turbo engine but im kinda worried it might lean out. also boost acts wierd and doesnt work sometimes....

You can use the 22T ecu without doing a harness merge or taking apart the dash. You will have to swap the polarity of a cam or crank sensor, I forget exactly which.

You might have some boost leaks. I'd install a boost gauge so you know what is going on with the turbo. And since you aren't using the 22T currently you need a manual boost controller unless you want to count on the wastegate pressure to regulate your boost.

I got me a trans cooler and installed it over the weekend. Its not much, but better than nothing.

Made a bracket for it

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s305/sadiemaerogers01/0529141623_zps61e98b27.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s305/sadiemaerogers01/0530140938_zps48650007.jpg

And installed, but pic taken just before i ran the hoses. Runs radiator cooler to this then back to trans

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s305/sadiemaerogers01/0531141834_zpsf58e39c2.jpg

Put in some new infinity speakers in the rear deck

Slightly lost for what coilovers are compatible for my 91. And also downpipes???

Heard that pretty much everything from gc8 suspension wise is plug and play but I haven't researched threads much

Put in some new infinity speakers in the rear deck

Slightly lost for what coilovers are compatible for my 91. And also downpipes???

Heard that pretty much everything from gc8 suspension wise is plug and play but I haven't researched threads much[/QU1qqqqve my infinity 6-1/2 components, just powered off the head unit theyre good. gc8 coilovers are plugnplay but it depends what kinda of ride quality you want and willing to pay. I have 900$ ksport coilovers with the lowest spring rate I could find. lots of talk if how bad they are but for me the benefits of handling outweigh the comfort factor. I installed a recaro seat out of a mercedes e class amg and the harsh ride quality issue went away... for the most part.

Pros: cheap, adjustable ride height, adjustable dampening, good handling on smooth roads and tracks, girlfriend hates it.

Cons: rough/stiff ride quality, less shock travel than stock, horrible for offroad/rallying specifically washboard roads, girlfriend hates it but she doesnt enjoy fast cornering.

Ya the infintys sound ok from being on the aftermarket headunit. The highs i hate though, they were free thoough so i cant complain and i also go a free 8inch woofer In a small box which i need to find an amp for. Might throw some components up front if i find something kn clearance.

As for the coils situation...my other subie has tein street basics on it so ride quality isn't something I am overly concerned about, they're like 5 and 6 so a free bumps just comes with the nature of improved handling, some type of sacrifice has to be made. I'll dig in the rs2.5 forums and maybe find a local deal on some perhaps. Also trying to track down some wrx seats or corbeaus for sub 400$. VF28, tmic, injectors I can score from a friend for 300$ so I'm gonna jump on that within the next few weeks and try to figure out how to tune this little fella

Can try running a larger power and ground wire to your aftermarket headunit. it will stop dimming and produce less distortion with the extra power on tap. 6-1/2" components are better than 5-1/4" coaxials, just need a spacer to clear the window glass.

My ksports are better than teins,as I noticed my buddy with a 2.5rs STI with teins catching air on a bump mid corner where I stayed planted behind him.

AutoX Times from today

1st session

1:09.518

1:09.057

1:09.347....backend was coming around easily these first 3 so I decided to not carry as much speed into corners then did better

1:07.687....then lunch break

2nd Session

1:07.253

1:06.878

1:07.628.decided to go with more speed beforethelastrun

1:06.644 BEST TIME LAST RUN..here's the video

SRRSCCA AutoX (IMS222) `91 Subaru Legacy Turbo:

Looks really fun! I need to do some autoxing, been modding a turbo legacy since 2001. what tires you running there and does that have a rear lsd? did you remove any interior/were u allowed to? coilovers and installing the battery in the spare wheel well helped my initial turn-in in a big way. Edited by USLiberty

That was my first time doing it with this one instead of my 5thgen. This is more fun because of how nimble it is.

No coil overs or anything just kyb excelg struts, the tires are pretty terrible just some fuzion touring tires m+s 400treadwear. So not exactly the best thing on a completely stock car. Stickier tires would help and yes coils for sure. I left everything inside but did remove the spare and as far as I know the car has a lsd already

Under 700 or so$ ? That's awesome if that's the case!

I hope you're sitting down, I paid $40 for it! Its a complete longblock and also came with a radiator and some other stuff. I knew checking Craigslist ten times a day would eventually pay off.

My friend picked it up for me because it was about 1.5 hours from me, so once I pick it up from him I will have a better idea of what I am working with. The guy who did own it pulled it from a running car so heres to hoping it is still at least close to running condition. :wub:

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af38/stu-nami/STUbaru/20140611_192644_zpsez2ztpqw.jpg

Decided to give the car some love and put In new plugs for peace of mind even though they looked ok. Did a compression test as well 135-138-140-137 so all in all pretty dam good for 203k on the ticker

I use NGK V-powers (part # is 2756 BKR6E-11) in my SS. It seems to be the consensus over on bbs that they are the best plugs to use in old tleggys.

I'm gonna see how the car responds to them. It might be my mind but right now it seems to run smoother in higher rpms. I can always switch back too, once we got them out I was like "well, old owner new to pick something worthwhile than crap" engine should be good another 50-100,000