LegacyGT.com

What'd you do to your FIRST Gen. Subaru today?

Pulled three codes today on my ls wagon

22-knock sensor

33-vehicle speed sensor

35-canister purge solenoid.

Would anyone be able to tell me where I could find the vss that goes into the passenger side of the tranny, I looked on the web but I only see the whole part that plugs into the speedo which doesn't work. When I removed it from the trans and popped the clip off a piece of the cable and the reed fell out so I'm assuming that is the part I need only thing is that its a separable piece and I'm hoping I can just purchase that part so I don't have to remove the cluster.

haven't taken any pics,

picked up a 93 legacy L auto a few days ago with a cracked radiator tank and after waiting on parts I went ahead and installed a new radiator, alternator, oil and tranny fluid

will post a few pics when I get the chance

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af38/stu-nami/STUbaru/20140706_220650_zpsa1inlz7p.jpghttp://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af38/stu-nami/STUbaru/20140706_220605_zpsjatcz9ct.jpg

Doing a bit off test fitting for what to do for a setup. These are 17x8.25 +35. 205/40 tire....Plenty of inside room but I'll need to bring her down quite a bit on some coilovers. Sooooo if anyone has any solid leads on a coils lmk pretty please :D

S2baru good size on the wheels, got a pretty tight stretch on those tires :0, my wheels will poke a little like that but I'm going with 215's and a little stretch. I like a bit more meat on the side walls. Will be the first time for me stretching tires. Are you going to track that car?

I'll be doing some autoX with it so I'll do a good pull and rather than rolling the inner lip it I'll trim it with a grinder then roll it under, hit it with some paint so it doesn't rust and be should be fine. I'll probably go for a 235 or 245 tire though, I like the meaty look too. I'll play with the calculator a bit more.

Replaced the AC compressor with a new in the box compressor I found on ebay for $160. Replaced the drier/receiver. I had my wife take it to the dealership to be evacuated and charged.

Once there they told her they needed the old compressor so they knew how much oil to put in. So she had to go dig it out of the trash and take it back. For some reason they reinstalled the old compressor, did something (don't know what), took it out, put the new one in and charged it up. My wife was there for four hours!

But at least she has ice cold AC now! :) And I saved $800. They quoted me $1200 if they would have done all the work.

AC compressors are spendy for the first gens. They run about $750 or more now days!!!

Subaru dealerships are comparably priced to Porsche parts. How much did the dealership charge for evacuation and recharge? I find my compressors at the Junkyard, gone through 3 in a about 10 years @ 30$ each, cans of r134 are 5$, subaru AC o-ring kit ~15$. I also have an really old vacuum pump that I hook up to some borrowed r-134 gauges/valves. Arizona isn't the place to have a bad AC, saved a lot of money between all our vehicles.

whos car is this... my co-worker sent me the pic. just woundering if it was anybody here, from mass!!:confused:

I saw that car in some other pics from a huge Subaru meet. Too bad I can't remember where, but someone posted pics a while back. It is still running the stock 22T iirc.

Subaru dealerships are comparably priced to Porsche parts. How much did the dealership charge for evacuation and recharge? I find my compressors at the Junkyard, gone through 3 in a about 10 years @ 30$ each, cans of r134 are 5$, subaru AC o-ring kit ~15$. I also have an really old vacuum pump that I hook up to some borrowed r-134 gauges/valves. Arizona isn't the place to have a bad AC, saved a lot of money between all our vehicles.

Evacuation and recharge was about $160 which was pretty close to other estimates I was getting.

I don't have a vacuum pump and didn't feel like purchasing one. I thought about using a junkyard ac compressor but I am hoping that instead of doing that every couple of years I would get a new one that will last longer.

Did you have to add any PAG oil to your compressors or did you just use what was already in there?

I decided to cover up the fading paint on the trunk with some plastidip. Fairly pleased with the outcome. Now if i can just keep it clean!http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx120/subarubaja43/20140620_160257_zps3e415886.jpg I also got the widows tinted to 20%. Here is also a photo comparing how my car currently looks vs when i bought it!http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx120/subarubaja43/PhotoGrid_1404759046226_zpsfa73fda8.jpg

I don't usually add oil unless I'm replacing a dryer or condenser or have to flush the system because a catstrophic failure. New compressors are usually pre-oiled, I got a brand new wrx compressor sitting here that I'll probably install in my friends 04.

As far as the wheels, I'm not a fan of incorrect offset unless your using it for massive tires to get grip. I would find some wrx or Legacy gt wheels, my friend just sold a set of '06 17" wrx wheels for 70$, some great deals are out there.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks good! Wheels fit nicely. I think I would wrap the chrome with red vinyl next, but I'm not into chrome. I wrapped my grill's chrome accent with white, but it was horrible looking.

Today I reinstalled my bumper inserts to hide any signs of modification. Honda still revved up on me, showed him what launch control/flat shifting does for a Subaru... Kids these days LOL http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u386/onefastlt/CAM00074_zpsobqiqhmv.jpg

Edited by USLiberty