LegacyGT.com

What'd you do to your FIRST Gen. Subaru today?

Pulled the motor from the '94 SS today. I ended up tearing apart the exhaust heat shield on the driver's side like an old tin can. The bolts were all rusted and fused together. My brother in law was helping me and discovered when I put the timing belt on, I had left the pin in the tensioner. I've only driven about 300 miles, but lucky for me I guess. I pulled the heads off and found a little bit of milky in the risidual oil left in the block. A lot of corrosion on the head bolts too. There was a ton of oozed oil on the back of the motor from the separator plate. Kind of a pain to tackle it all, but it'll be worth it when its done.

noice. show us a pic of it installed plz.

I will. I'm just waiting on a TD04 that a buddy is going to send me as soon as he pulls it of his second gen.

And I picked up a set of Wisecos .020 OS pistons w/257 STi rods for cheap today. I'm going to drop them in my spare 22T w/DOHC (either 205 or 25D) heads and swap it into my '95. :cool:

wisecos.thumb.jpg.5057f6b668ec211e244b37abf89e7327.jpg

unseasonable warmth last week so i didnt need the heater fan. Gets cold so I turn it on only to find that theres nothing doing. tthe existing heater control switch is kinda hinkey any way so I pulled the dash apart to see what was up..everything ok so i move on to check the fan.Good with a 12v jump wire. Hmmm? Its brand new. sweet. tracing the harness i find a splice made with those clamp type connectors. thats the second instance that has been found on that car. Oh well for a bill you cant beat the price.

Finally got some snow, had to go for a drive in it! The wrx VLSD feels great. http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u386/onefastlt/IMG_20130220_123553_zpsf0c1e182.jpghttp://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u386/onefastlt/IMG_20130220_123513_zps57603ca8.jpg

Been busy! Just picked up my 3rd Legacy... a '93 L Sedan a few days ago and boy did it need a lot of work!

So far I got it running (sat for over a year) Wasn't too hard though just gave it a jump and it started right up :)

Cleaned all of the crap out from the previous owner, took about 4 force-flex trash bags and that doesn't include: a set of cruches, a bean-bag chair, and an ankle brace...

Then gutted the interior, it had been sitting all of that time with the passenger window down slightly and a very leaky windshield so there was a pool of stagnent water on the floor, and mold on everything...

After gutting, scrubbing, and drying the inside of the car I began on the electrical issues. The power windows, dome light, dash lights, horn, rear defroster, and radio were all in-op.

Everything but the windows was caused by blown fuses dur to a very poor instillation of an aftermarket radio... And the power windows were in-op to due to a corroded connection at the window CB underneath the drivers seat.

I'll probably be making a build thread at some point so watch for that!

Had an awesome junk yard day! At U-Pull-U-Save in Syracuse, NY I managed...

The passenger taillight and center piece, passenger turn signal, MAF sensor, door panel pocketsand speaker grills, a complete set of seat-belts, rear quarter window trims, front windshield trim, both power mirrors, a factory amp+sub out of a 3rd gen Legacy, Leather seats in perfect condition from a '99 Legacy GT including carpet, tweeters, and premium speakers, and a rare information center from a forester that I want to try and retro-fit, all for $71.50!!!

Spent the last two days finishing up bodywork and getting car in primer. All I have to do now is prime the roof, pick up a decent hood from the junkyard then ill be painting the door jams for a color change to white. Ill be setting up a paint booth in my garage. Going with a white base coat then using a matte clear coat finish to top it off. I've got at least 2 weeks of body work in it so it should come out really straight.

Did some more work to the project Legacy. Pulled out the rest of the interior pieces and then cleaned up the floors and primed and then laid down a few layers of rubberized undercoating to replace the sound-deadening that I had to scrape up. Waiting for that to dry I replaced the plugs with some new NGKs and also replaced the knock sensor and cleaned the MAF. The knock sensor was definitely why it wasn't running right... Had a really loppy low idle, no power, and sounded like it was running on 3 cylinders, and also had a CEL for MAF and knock sensors :p

Also replaced the broken off side mirrors and tinkered with the mess of wiring that the PO had made in the doors for aftermarket speakers...

Runs like a champ now, and still waiting for the undercoating to dry... Once thats done I can install the whole new leather interior and new carpet from a '99 LGT :D

So i never seafoamed before and didn't figure it would really help much. Man i'm a convert now. Before i ran the seafoam, the car would not idle at all cold, would stall when rpm's came down from cold start. After seafoaming, the problem is completely gone.

I bought some 03 wrx wheels to put on my bd and put the 14's on my wagon...got a super deal for $200, the wheels are immaculate and tires have about 2k on them. I wanted the seats he had but he enticed me to the wheels, i need tires soon on my wagon anyway so problem solved.

^^ Awesome deal pleaidestar!! Wish I could find a set of decent looking rims and tires for that :p

But anyway I did some more fun custom electrical work :) This time I wired up the "Power" mode on the 4EAT to be controlled by a switch. So now I have a very OEM looking "Sport" button next to the shifter. This makes a massive difference in the entire feel of the vehicle! Although it is still an auto, its no longer miserably boring and slow to respond, and the car just feels much better all around. Shifts are much more positive and not harsh or sloshy, just about right. Downshifts come on sooner and with less provocation and upshifts are right in the sweet-spot so no early "boggy" shifts. I my opinion this is how the car should have come from the factory...

Also wired up the FWD fuse system to a rocker switch inside of the car... So now I can either lock in 50/50 torque split, enable FWD, or engage Power mode all with the push of a button and while driving :)