LegacyGT.com

What'd you do to your FIRST Gen. Subaru today?

I have heard of that sport mode mod in the 4eat, I would completely do that with my 95l, I do not know anything about how to do it though just most feedback I hear is for how much better it is. I'm sure the rocker switch is mighty handy as well...nice job.

If you are interested in doing the sport mode mod pm me your email. I'd be happy to send you some scans and try and walk you through the process. If I'm correct though, 2nd gens dont have any sort or indicator light so you may not be able o tell that its on other than how to car drives.

Got my STI struts and springs put in finally. Now i'm wondering if i need to switch to wrx or some such thing brake lines since the strut clips are different up front. What a pain it was to put in, but def rides better now. Rolled over 250k miles this week put in a new air filter and got all the lug nuts to match up. Edited by scoobydoo73

Sunday, I and some other local wrxs,Sti's met up with the phoenix chapter and we ran up through a well known highway through the mountains. Dinoscoob earned some respect fot the first gen Legacys, especially in the twisties. Screaming tires the whole 12 miles, we have some amazing roads near here.http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u386/onefastlt/IMG_20130317_121821_zpsa89cdd0f.jpghttp://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u386/onefastlt/IMG_20130317_121626_zps518e5886.jpg Edited by USLiberty

Sold the 93 L project car. After replacing steering rack, ball joints, brakes and full exhaust to prep for chump car. Oh well. Brother needed a cheap car to get to work and Project was stalled for the last year or more.

One less project to worry about... Now to get the Stuttgart/Finnish love child back on the road for spring.

All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

Nice find, what bumper and front lip is that? Is that a stock bumper? Im looking to spice up my front end.

Couldn't tell you. I'm still in the "discovery" phase of ownership. Haven't really had a chance to go through it all the way yet.

It's already obvious I'll need to swap in an MT. The diffs on the auto are garbage. Might as well be fwd. Bad fwd at that.

I superglued the plastic nipple back on the purge valve, same treatment to the nipple on the large airbox between the filter box and the manifold. Looks like it's holding so far. Got everything back together and fired it up! Ran great for 10 seconds before it banged to a stop. Sounds like the timing belt slipped. I turned the crank with a wrench and could feel the teeth on the crankshaft hopping over the belt. I'll try to pull it apart tomorrow and see what's what. I hope my newly rebuilt heads havent seized.

Thanks Monkey. Pulled the covers off today and the driver's side cam has all-but-seized. I can turn it very slowly with a wrench. I need to call the shop that rebuilt them. I'm hoping I can get that head off without pulling the motor again. Yikes.

Started getting a small wisp of steam from under the hood on the way home yesterday, but no signs of overheating or any major leak. The radiator cap had some white crud built up on it, and looking in the reservoir and radiator, the coolant looks as bright as when I put it in before. I do see some small white flakes floating in it though, might try a flush this weekend.

Decided to put the 4x4 lock switch to the test on a nice day in NNY :) Its hard to tell the extent of the steepness of the hill, and the height, but its quiet a doozy...

http://i1009.photobucket.com/albums/af213/ClarksonSportsCarClub/Subaru%20stuff/IMG_0692_zpsb4760a50.jpg

http://i1009.photobucket.com/albums/af213/ClarksonSportsCarClub/Subaru%20stuff/IMG_0693_zps7395eddd.jpg

http://i1009.photobucket.com/albums/af213/ClarksonSportsCarClub/Subaru%20stuff/IMG_0694_zps9822b7d4.jpg

http://i1009.photobucket.com/albums/af213/ClarksonSportsCarClub/Subaru%20stuff/IMG_0695_zpsc2a29d4b.jpg

Edited by Kookookachew

Got my TDO4 in the mail today. Only 3k on it and $75! :D

So I now have just about everything I need to install it. I have an XT tmic, crushed STi bpv, Samco y pipe, ebay mbc, hose clamps, wrx coolant expansion tank. Also picked up a catless dp off a wrx recently. Hopefully it fits lol. I thought it was a 3" dp but I measured the inside diameter and it is more like 2.25 ish. Now I just need a few days and a couple of silicone elbows to put it all together. I also want to do the coffee can mod so I'll get that ready too. Considering pnping the TDO4 but well see. Should give me about 30 more hp from what I've gathered. :)

I'll do a write up so we have one on this site.

Got my TDO4 in the mail today. Only 3k on it and $75! :D

So I now have just about everything I need to install it. I have an XT tmic, crushed STi bpv, Samco y pipe, ebay mbc, hose clamps, wrx coolant expansion tank. Also picked up a catless dp off a wrx recently. Hopefully it fits lol. I thought it was a 3" dp but I measured the inside diameter and it is more like 2.25 ish. Now I just need a few days and a couple of silicone elbows to put it all together. I also want to do the coffee can mod so I'll get that ready too. Considering pnping the TDO4 but well see. Should give me about 30 more hp from what I've gathered. :)

I'll do a write up so we have one on this site.

Nice I will hopefully, This is the future plans for my SW so the write up will be very helpful

Chicken wire? That wont hold up to the speeds I plan to hit birds at, I used some heavy gauge expanded metal with jb weld holding it in. I had to use a lot of epoxy to piece it back together, its been in 3 accidents. I'm not sure I'm happy the way it came out but we'll see once I get the car painted. I may just single stage paint it then use white platidip on top so I can experiment with another color down the road. I want it to be flat white with black wheels but then I also want it flat black with gold wheels. Decisions, decisions.