LegacyGT.com

Gathering info for LGT BBQ in Denver late sept

cryo

^agreed, I've driven such mentioned road before and it was fun in my 98 leggy trying to rally and all, but dont want to do any potential damage to my 05 DD leggy. Wife wouldnt understand the "well I went around this corner a little fast and ended up in the ditch..." Trying to avoid that conversation. But lets bring on the BBQ!!

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok we really need to pin down a location and time. If we are still set on a bbq we are going to miss the broncos game *doesnt seem like the players even want to watch the games lately* but we can listen to it on the radio.

If someone knows of a good park with grills, room, close parking proximiIty speak up, my vote is denver/lakewood/arvada etc. Otherwise I will just pick something by wednesday. I'm going to start the list.

Cryo - Hot wing cubes, medium hot,parmesan garlic, and mango habenero. 3 people

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

What kind of BBQ is it going to be? Are we all bringing food and cooking or are we meeting at an eatery? Sorry, me no understando at this point. I'm definitely in though. And will most certainly bring whatever need be (I know, I know... I flaked on the last meet. But, for good reason!) I'll be there. So, place, time and requirements are all I need to know. :)
My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

Denver is more central. Lakewood and Arvada are too far West. Last time it was held in HR, correct? That is more of a South/central local and good for our buddies in the deep South of Colorado. I would be good with that area again. Otherwise I could suggest some locations here in Aurora, but that's far to the East.

But people need to speak up.

I'm down and will be bringing some ribs and chips. A park with a grill would be good to finish these off, but they would be good and ready to go even without some open flames.

Not sure yet who from my family will be coming. But I'll need to know the timing of this to get the ribs done perfectly.

Well I say we just plan it at the same place, its a little bit of a drive for us up north but we need something stable.

Bronconia- is there any way you can contact the same people and make sure a reservation has not already been set up? Im thinking around 2-3 since the sun is dropping around 6-630 lately plus it will be a Sunday and im sure everyone wants time to wind down.

Eekay - last time it was potluck style and we had plenty of grills available and worked out well.

So let's make a list of food if everyone is ok with the time and place.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

I'm cool with the same place as I'm biased as its about 3 miles from my house :). The broncos game is at 2p that week so if anyone has a portable tv/radio be sure to bring it. I also have a portable little gas grill that I can bring if there isnt enough charcoal to go around. I'm thinking about bringing some marinated skirt steak to make sliders, prob enough to make a half dozen or so

^ yeah its in HR, the park off Quebec and Lincoln SW corner, the little parking lot/shelter area that is close to the Grand Golf Driving range

Does anyone know how to get a hold of Bronconia to see if he can reserve the spot for us again?

Eekay - last time it was potluck style and we had plenty of grills available and worked out well.

So let's make a list of food if everyone is ok with the time and place.

Perfect! Okay, I'll start a small list of things that I'll bring and anyone else that wants to bring stuff can just add to the list.

Charcoal - eekay (one large bag)

Burgers - eekay (will 20 be enough?)

Buns - eekay

Plates - eekay (also plastic knives, spoons, forks...)

My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

I'd like to see the bbq creativity of the LGT crew, so burgers? maybe if they are homemade and spiced up a notch, just saying, yes I can be a food snob sometimes...

Have already seen posts for ribs, chicken wings, and marinated skirt steak sliders (me), any other ideas, plus lets not forget the sides and of course BEER

Charcoal - eekay (one large bag)

Burgers - eekay (will 20 be enough?)

Buns - eekay

Plates - eekay (also plastic knives, spoons, forks...

Hot wing cubes,charcoal as well, - cryo

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dave, you didn't include me and my Ribs and chips offering on that list! :D

And of course I'll bring a 6 or 12 of my favorite sudsy amber from Ft. Collins, CO.

Can someone repost that map or link to the park again?

This is the address I believe:

Neighborhood: Highlands Ranch9651 S. Quebec St.

Littleton, CO 80130Its the SW corner of Lincoln and Quebec, toward the Grand Golf Driving range. You can either take I25 to C470 then south on Quebec for about 2-3 miles then run into it. Or I25 to Lincoln then go west for 3 miles and run into itBehind the post office, SW corner, hope to see you all there, more direction ?s just ask

Dave, you didn't include me and my Ribs and chips offering on that list! :D

And of course I'll bring a 6 or 12 of my favorite sudsy amber from Ft. Collins, CO.

Can someone repost that map or link to the park again?

I just cut and pasted eekay 's list and added my contribution. I figured that seems to be the easiest way most times. This sounds like another good one.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived