LegacyGT.com

Gathering info for LGT BBQ in Denver late sept

cryo

Lots of chatter about doing another BBQ. Should we create a new thread and start planning or should we change the name of this one and keep it alive?

Any initial ideas for another BBQ? I thought the location was great, but some of you made a bit of a drive to get there. As far as timing, should we try mid-ish October?

Scott (2009 specb), thanks for the photo of my wagon! Not only do I have another picture to whore out, I also have a new background. :)

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmmm... sorry for the triple post. i dont know what i'm doing so i guessed. X.X

also turns out that most of my shots are very similar to those already posted... so there's the two that are different. i just noticed, with a tinge of embarassment, that i'm the only one without a scoop. atleast it's a 3.6. =) maybe i'll look around for a hood from a 5th gen lgt and swap them out just to look cool. ;)

Lots of chatter about doing another BBQ. Should we create a new thread and start planning or should we change the name of this one and keep it alive?

Any initial ideas for another BBQ? I thought the location was great, but some of you made a bit of a drive to get there. As far as timing, should we try mid-ish October?

No, no. Always just change the name and continue on with the same thread. No reason to have closed, useless threads laying around and cluttering up the forums.

As far as the next meet, I'm find for the same place or a change. Mid-October also sounds fine to me. It's a shame we can't get a weather forecast for that far ahead. Of course, we all DO drive Subarus so there is most certainly going to be meets throughout winter as well. :wub:

My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

hmmm... sorry for the triple post. i dont know what i'm doing so i guessed. X.X

also turns out that most of my shots are very similar to those already posted... so there's the two that are different. i just noticed, with a tinge of embarassment, that i'm the only one without a scoop. atleast it's a 3.6. =) maybe i'll look around for a hood from a 5th gen lgt and swap them out just to look cool. ;)

No need to be embarassed about not having a hood scoop on your 3.6R, we don't need them! :D;):p

Are you planning on coming to the next gathering, next month?

No need to be embarassed about not having a hood scoop on your 3.6R, we don't need them! :D;):p

Are you planning on coming to the next gathering, next month?

yup! as long as it's not this weekend i'm planning on being at the next meet. i can't let another 5th gen stand alone if i can help it! lets pick a date!

how about oct 22 (sat)?

err... seems like they're fixing to kill the other thread.... but i'm in for the 9th! i got a pretty good steak rub recipe and a killer veggie pizza. sure, a veggie pizza sounds boring but dont knock it till you've had it, everyone just melts after their first bite!

on another note, we should do a cruise too. that'd be fun! i went on a cruise with the awdpirates guys and all they wanted to do was make lotsa noise and drive 30 over the speed limit... and then there's the DI guys who love hooning in the dirt but sometimes it'd be nice to just enjoy the scenery and cruise along in a convoy! how old-fart does that sound?! =)

Haha. About as old-fart as I like it! I've gone on cruises with the AWDP guys before. Most of them are pretty decent but there are definitely some anuses crawling about. I'm certainly up for a cruise and the 9th sounds just dandy. Anyone have an objection to this?

Cruise then eat and meet?

I don't care if we cruise or not. Every time I've ever gone to a car gathering that had a cruise involved, people started driving like arses and at one event, someone went off road in Turkey Creek canyon and whacked a tree with his FWD car while trying to keep up with an AWD car. That pretty much ended the cruise. And the cops are usually pretty intolerant of these things if they get out of hand. And how can a bunch of modified cars with drivers not punch it? It also makes for a really long day too.

Haha. You'd be surprised, actually. The LGT.com guys are super lax compared to the younger, dumber STi crowd. We really do simply "cruise" around. Much different than you would expect. :)

Well that's what I'm most looking forward to seeing, all the different cars and their owners.

It would be fun to get a shot of all the different Leggies lined up from early to late cars to show the spread of the model changes.

well... i'm up for a cruise but chas made a good point. it does make for a long day and it would suck if we lost the only car that was packing the hamburger buns or drinks. maybe we should save the cruise for when it gets colder and we need the shelter and warmth that a restaurant can provide. besides, with all the talk of meat so far, i think we'd all have to haul around a cooler just to go for a cruise. =P

That's a good idea. I'm just not sure how much of the day I can spend with you all. I'll see what I can get away with. I wouldn't mind a basic cruise. Nothing too long.

Maybe a meet, eat and then cruise kind of day? So are we all good with the 9th?

...but a pack of leggies following each other on a dirt road might not be best for our paint jobs w/ rocks and all. Other ideas welcome

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Hell, my car is only 8 months old and it's paint already looks like ass compaired to my 2003 Audi A6 2.7T. :mad::confused:

Archived