LegacyGT.com

Gathering info for LGT BBQ in Denver late sept

cryo

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What park is the meet planned at. The one off Quebec and Lincoln?

Yessir!

[ame=http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&cp=4&gs_id=d&xhr=t&qe=aGlnaA&qesig=WKVhPxs4lsqn2InfeFHLng&pkc=AFgZ2tnlhFJ6XtNhLdIWSsDS4k6OChfRZ8bHsm5wbJi1lekvlaQXcXbAMkXMUuQhLj6XfZbFXTqsG45PIpj1J9lEh5HPCjjY9Q&safe=off&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1708&bih=773&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=highlands+heritage+regional+park&fb=1&gl=us&hq=highlands+heritage+regional+park&hnear=highlands+heritage+regional+park&cid=0,0,10927560916654773762&ei=_g1VTqv0B-mosQK2hoWXBw&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&sqi=2&ved=0CAQQ_BI]Google Maps[/ame]

When you look at the map, the actual picnic shelter is right by the green colored "highland heritage regional park". There are approximately 22 parking spots RIGHT by the park, but like I said, the main parking lot is about 150 yds away. SO, if need be, we can park fairly close by.

The other thing is, there are basketball/volleyball courts right there, AND a little playground, and child friendly porta shitters. If anyone brings their kids, they'll be fine!

Looks good! It'll probably be best if we do this later in the day anyhow so us "northerners" don't have to drive with too much of the highway traffic afterwards (not that it's THAT bad on the weekends :) ) Well done, sirs!
My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

Glad to see we are getting a few more people on board, I have no issue with the drive. With the cost of the permit *if needed* cut in half that will help too. Do you know if there is a grill there? I would think so just making sure.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Well, everyone should agree to bring something. We can figure out who will bring what as we have quite a bit of time. I know quite a few people that are attending so we can all pitch on meat, potatoes, salad, bread, whatever... If everyone pitches $10 and there's no fee for the permit? Pfft. Liquor galore! No one can leave there drunk though. :)

Glad to see we are getting a few more people on board, I have no issue with the drive. With the cost of the permit *if needed* cut in half that will help too. Do you know if there is a grill there? I would think so just making sure.

Dave

There are (i think) like ten or so grills there...gotta bring charcoal.

As far as the food goes, should we start making a list?

are we still doing pot luck style bbq? if so we might want to throw out what were thinking about bringing so we dont end up with 20 bags of chips and dip ya know

well.. it might not be such a bad thing. it'd be hilarious to see a caravan of leggies running a fast food drive through.

oh and i'm in as long as we aim to do it in the late afternoon/evening-ish.

sooooooo, here we go.

1. Charcoal

2. Burgers - Bronconia

3. Buns

4. Chips

5. Soda.

6. Dessert

7. Plasticware/plates

We can just repost this as needed with your name next to what you'll bring!

OH, and somebody should totally bring a portable soundsystem of some sort

1. Charcoal - eekay

2. Burgers - Bronconia

3. Buns

4. Chips

5. Soda. - eekay (Sprite, Coke)

6. Dessert

7. Plasticware/plates - eekay

@Bronconia

Do you plan on bringing burgers for everyone? I can bring more burgers if not. Lemme know.

And just a thought, but maybe someone should bring some non-meat stuff for vegetarians and/or vegans. I know nothing about this kind of thing so hopefully someone else can chime in for it. If there are no veggies or vegans attending, then I suppose no worries! :)

I was thinkin about grabbin one or two of those 20 packs from Sams club...do you think we need more? I guess once we have a better idea for the number of people, I can adjust accordingly haha.

As for the vegans/veggies, let's hear it! Who doesn't eat meat?

Ah. Okay. I would think 40 burgers would be enough. The turnout could be ridiculous though. Good idea to wait for numbers. :)

1. Charcoal - eekay

2. Burgers - Bronconia

3. Buns - Richard T

4. Chips - Cryo

6. Dessert

8. Carne Asada - Cryo

I got the chips. At least two bags, I was planning on bringing a few pounds of carne asada as well.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Cryo nice someone is willing to add to the menu, I'm still debating on what I'm bringing but the carne asada sounds great. I might have to make some home made salsa w/ fire roasted peppers to go w/ it, sour cream..... yum

Holy sheet, carne asada, tortillas, roasted peppers and home made salsa???? I think I might need to sample some of these goods before the bbq...how does tomorrow sound? Just bring it all by Centennial Leasing and Sales around 12:30, I'll take care of the rest ;D

Seriously though, this bbq just got kicked up a notch, and I"m officially making a trip to Viva Burrito right now haha.

1. Charcoal - eekay

2. Burgers - Bronconia

3. Buns - Richard T

4. Chips - Cryo

6. Dessert

8. Carne Asada - Cryo

9. Salad - Richard T

My wife makes an awesome salad (calling it that makes it seem so plain) our friends and family always request. I convinced her to make it for us.

Haha. Never had Viva Burrito. Everyone I know who eats it often tells me it's so-so... I'm still willing to give it a shot though!

Nothing wrong with salad. People talk shit about it, but I'm totally down with the vegetables!

^ So much more than your standard salad. You will all be swinging from my wife's proverbial nuts. It's out of the aphrodesiac cook book, so we'll have to do our best to resist the subsequent urge to gangbang.

All this burrito talk has me fiending for one of the Illegal Pete's breakfast variety. Gotta wash it down with a Session Lager, though, so I only hit it on the weekends.

this salad's already making me horny :p As far as Viva goes...it's meh. BUT, it's the closest thing I've found to a double wrapped carne asada burrito from Alberto's tacos in california! I'm always open to new suggestions, as I pretty much heart any type of carne asada burrito.

Archived